The online racing simulator
#1 - Bean0
Test Patch Servers ?
Seems like a good place to test the new balancing if you ask me.

Go on...you know you want to
Yes you should, cos I didnt back up my original LFS fiolder
#3 - SamH
It may not be as simple as that, sadly. We will have to have a development test first to make sure that no problems arise from the new configs and "stuff".
Quote from niall09 :Yes you should, cos I didnt back up my original LFS fiolder

me niether lol,couldnt be ******
#5 - Bean0
Quote from SamH :It may not be as simple as that, sadly. We will have to have a development test first to make sure that no problems arise from the new configs and "stuff".

Shy bairns get nowt, as they say
None of the insim protocol has altered. Everything is working just fine with my cruise insim app, and my race insim app - so I dare say that you'll be safe. Only the autospectate option needs renaming, everything else can just be copied from the previous config - just a heads up
#7 - SamH
Is the /spectate user in-server command the same?
#8 - SamH
Okay, I have a definitive answer from the CTRA bosses, actually.. we'll be going to the new version as soon as the new patch is available as an auto-updater. Not before.
Sam, talking to yourself again?

Are we going to rename it, or call it "The system that never ends"?
X is ours, the Romans just leased it.
lol
Just a heads up

/spec
NOT
/spectate

It used to be both before, seems I used /spectate in the earlier programmed scripts
#13 - SamH
Damn. Going to need to find a way to compile this app before the new patch is released properly then
Quote from SamH :Damn. Going to need to find a way to compile this app before the new patch is released properly then

Fear not Sir Sam, for there are a goodly number of willing and able testers here at your command; 'twill end in victory, I am sure!

Hurrah!

Quote from SamH :Damn. Going to need to find a way to compile this app before the new patch is released properly then

Or you could make a quick insim app that looks for "/spectate USER" and then do the same, but as /spec USER"

A rather.... bad way, but, it would work without re-compiling the X-System - you should also check the conn_num :P. haha!
I did backup but haven't been running my original LFS because of the difference in physics. I rather spend my time adapting myself and my precious fox to the new tyre simulation.
Quote from Joris :I did backup but haven't been running my original LFS because of the difference in physics. I rather spend my time adapting myself and my precious fox to the new tyre simulation.

how much different is the new patch in terms of physics and feel? i'm pretty pumped for it, but i didn't feel like doing the test patching - just patiently and trustingly waiting for Y.
The main difference is the tyre phisics. I really needed to sort my setups and driving style around it. Tyres will heat much quicker R1 is not much of an option anymore. Getting the pressures right is more important now aswell. I always had the feeling with the old (current) patch relatively high pressures were favoured. My experience is that this will change.

I like the update. The most important thing is not getting disillusioned when you can't drive your old pb's. Pre-patch records will go out of the window anyway.
sounds great to me... anything that brings us closer to realistic setups and driving styles is more than welcome IMO...

besides, there's a far cry between my PB's and the WR's, so any records that get wiped will only make me feel that much better
This could be wishfull thinking but it just might be the end of alien hotlap setups!
How long after the release of Y-patch do you expect it would take to relaunch the CTRA servers with the upgrade?
#23 - SamH
Good question! We're estimating between 3 and 8 minutes
Quote from The Very End :How long after the release of Y-patch do you expect it would take to relaunch the CTRA servers with the upgrade?

Ive read that Sam was working on "X2" although I would have thought it would be called "Y" then I thought of all the rebranding that would be needed with CTRAY etc lol but looking at the speed Sam impliments things on raceauthority.com I would imagine it will be supprizingly fast

SD.

EDIT: Curse my slow fat fingered typing
#25 - SamH
hehe! Well we're going live (Friday?) with X1.5, which has quite a few bugfixes, splits TBO and GT2/R, inclusion of the FBM and a new UF-BR class. It also has some spam filter changes and other minor updates. It's essentially an extended version of the X-System.

X2 is now planned for some time closer to the end of Q1/08, but we'll have X1.6 and X1.8 before then too, with significant enhancements.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG