The online racing simulator
Is the clutch being worked on?
(61 posts, started )
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Again: what car?

Are you doing this right from the garage because the E brake is on by default until you apply some force and it automatically disengages, which would cause what you're describing.

So it doesn't dies? Ahh this drives me crazy, there are 10 versions of this, who is right here
It doesn't have a friction point then, revs don't fall when the clutch bites using the steady gas method for launching?
Quote from bbman :Maybe you really had it on button after all? I remember Scawen made button-clutch useless just some patches ago...

Quote from Apoc112 :Hallen, you should definitely double-check your LFS settings and your wheel's drivers... if everything is working, you should have a full range of clutch motion, and this should be reflected in LFS... if you're in the options, your clutch movement should be axis represented by the blue (?) bar in the lower right corner.

it's pretty well-represented in the game, at least based on the manual cars i've driven.

Does nobody read anymore? Thanks for the tips guys, but please read the whole thread first next time.

Quote from 98LS1 :If i tack it up to like 2-3k and feather the clutch it just dies.

Yep. I think this will be different with the "more engine inertia" that Scawen mentioned in the video. It seems that right now the engine, or flywheel, does not have enough inertia to allow feathering of the clutch at lower RPMs.
Quote from Hallen :Does nobody read anymore? Thanks for the tips guys, but please read the whole thread first next time.

I've read the thread, and my post wasn't a tip in any way, it was pointing out you were wrong by having it on button after all...
Quote from bbman :I've read the thread, and my post wasn't a tip in any way, it was pointing out you were wrong by having it on button after all...

Nope. I have not had it on button since I got my clutch pedal 2 years ago. Whatever I felt before was an anomoly and I can't go back in time to investigate it. It is what it is today.
Quote from Boris Lozac :So it doesn't dies? Ahh this drives me crazy, there are 10 versions of this, who is right here
It doesn't have a friction point then, revs don't fall when the clutch bites using the steady gas method for launching?

Of course the revs fall when you let the clutch come without compensating with more throttle. With the new patch, the engine will then even stall if you let them drop too low, instead of the auto-clutch kicking in as it is now

To be honest, I still don't really understand what 98LS1 is talking about. Maybe he really just means the engine inertia is too low, so letting the clutch come has a too strong effect on the engine. However I'm not sure he is right, as I very much doubt he's using realistic (as in what he'd know from real cars) gear ratios and we still don't know what car he's talking about.

E: Also in real life it's much easier to make fine adjustments to the clutch because you feel even the tiniest forces in your butt, whereas in the game you only get visual and aural cues and you don't even notice how jerky and unsmooth you drive. I bet if you would drive a real car like you do in LFS, everybody would think you're an untalented muppet.
Quote from AndroidXP :Of course the revs fall when you let the clutch come without compensating with more throttle

That's what i wanted to know..
Quote from _--NZ--_[HUN] :When I tried a G25 few month ago I decided that somehow I will get a clutch pedal (I have DFP). I had no money so buying anything was out of question. I used my old gameport joystick's electronics and one potentiometer and built the pedal from Technic Lego . Lego can be surprisingly strong and the pedal I made works flawlessly in LFS.

pics please!
Quote from Crashgate3 :Wow.. after watching that replay, I *need* a clutch pedal...

Is there anywhere that sells 3-pedal sets on their own, without the wheel? I already have a DFP, and aren't that bothered about an H-shifter so I don't really want to buy an entire G25 set.

Before I had TSW Pedals I used one set of MOMO Pedals and one set of some old Thrustmaster Pedals, in combination you have 4 pedal axes then, but it works flawlessly in most Sims.

Quote from _--NZ--_[HUN] :When I tried a G25 few month ago I decided that somehow I will get a clutch pedal (I have DFP). I had no money so buying anything was out of question. I used my old gameport joystick's electronics and one potentiometer and built the pedal from Technic Lego . Lego can be surprisingly strong and the pedal I made works flawlessly in LFS.

You build a third pedal with Lego Technic??? Nice!! Got any pics of it?
Quote from George Kuyumji :Before I had TSW Pedals I used one set of MOMO Pedals and one set of some old Thrustmaster Pedals, in combination you have 4 pedal axes then, but it works flawlessly in most Sims.

You build a third pedal with Lego Technic??? Nice!! Got any pics of it?

My USB IrDA port died, so I can't upload pictures from my phone, I'll try to get a camera and take some pictures.
Next step: complete 3 pedal H-gate shifter FF wheel build with Lego Technic.
Quote from AndroidXP :Next step: complete 3 pedal H-gate shifter FF wheel build with Lego Technic.

I will build an H-gate shifter but I don't have enough Lego so I will probably use more conventional materials to build it

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG