The online racing simulator
Creative 1100001424 webcam
(8 posts, started )
I got one for $10, but I cannot find drivers. It connects to a parallel port. I checked driverguide, but that driver did not work. Any help would be appreciated.
what about trying to google for it.

You didn't said what OS you have but if it's XP check this out:

http://www.camera-drivers.com/drivers/115/115994.htm

The uploader there wrote:
"I donwloaded this driver from the Creative Labs webpage. Even though it is for the USB WebCam II it also works with the Parallel one, wich I have. You have to install de V2_14 version and then update it with the other file included in the ZIP (2_51) in order for it to work in Windows XP."

Maybe that will help you
I DID try googling for it. I found the same thing that you just linked me too. I also found a windows 98 one, didnt work, and a "Terracam" driver, that didnt work either.
Quote from wheel4hummer :I DID try googling for it. I found the same thing that you just linked me too. I also found a windows 98 one, didnt work, and a "Terracam" driver, that didnt work either.

Ok.

Have you really tried it the way the guy wrote: "........ You have to install de V2_14 version and then update it with the other file included in the ZIP (2_51) in order for it to work in Windows XP."

btw Creative Labs support says:
"There are no new driver/software updates for the parallel WebCam models because the OS such as Windows ME/2000/XP changed the manner it access the port. Thus it do not include much parallel port support. Therefore devices which require much/large bandwidth from the parallel port will probably not function properly in these OS.

You will still be able to use the WebCam in OS such as Windows95/98 and the driver for this OS is available on the driver download page."

So if the first trick doesn't work for you, you can't use it with an OS higher then win98 Maybe that's why it costed only $10.
there has to be a way to communicate with it somehow. Does anyone know how to make your own drivers? I just wanna communicate with it, even if I can only get like 1 pixel Then it won't be a total waste of $10!
Got it working, I didn't know it needed to be plugged into the PS2 AND Paralell. I have a funny story though. First off, let me say that my router has NAT, and I dont know the password to configure it anyway. So, i tell my dad that "I am streaming it over the LAN, erm, well, its basically just a webserver". So, he says "I dont want you streaming pictures from that webcam over the net, Ill rip it out of your computer". So, I said "How the hell could I stream it over the internet with a router" and he goes on about bla bla bla ingnorance bla bla when hes the one who is ignorant, because whenever I try to show him something that explains NAT, he just holds his chin high and ignores me. So, I'm not be ignorant really. I really wanted to burst out laughing, but I held it in.
Quote from wheel4hummer :Got it working, I didn't know it needed to be plugged into the PS2 AND Paralell. I have a funny story though...

it's often the little things that make the difference
#8 - robt
with a name like that i hate to think what you're using it for

(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG