The online racing simulator
Who is up for a challenge?
(100 posts, started )
As you bumped it, I gave it a go...

After some tries, managed 1.24.86 while barely staying on track, so maybe I can get 1.23 too with practice

btw, I'm driving with mouse
Attached files
MarioX_BL1R_RAC_12486.spr - 411.4 KB - 228 views
Jesus, Dave. I was hoping this thread would die and rot in hell. It`s the nastiest thing I`ve ever tried to do in LFS.

You are officially a sick and twisted individual, and I fart in your general direction.
where is the video?
Jeez, dude, what did you do to this set?? I had a quick go, but within a minute I left the room screaming and with at least 20 less hairs on my head.
This set is pure evil dave I've done a 1.25.06 but i want to go faster!! I'm using G25 with 900 degrees rotation so i'm quite dizzy after every try
#81 - JTbo
1:33 something like that, car just snaps to side, no warnings at all, very bad FFB even I ramp up percentage
Quote from JTbo :1:33 something like that, car just snaps to side, no warnings at all, very bad FFB even I ramp up percentage

That's what the RAC is like DEFAULT RACE_S!
#83 - JTbo
Quote from BlueFlame :That's what the RAC is like DEFAULT RACE_S!

I use my own set in it always, so don't know about race_s, can feel perfectly what car is doing and controlling is easy and fun, very predictable and good to race
It's the most unpredictable car on LFS though..
#85 - JTbo
Quote from BlueFlame :It's the most unpredictable car on LFS though..

With proper setup I don't think there is any car in LFS that is unpredictable

Your worst enemy is Clutch pack diff, that makes snap oversteer and does not offer real benefits, imo. You have to be so careful with throttle when using that, that time is lost and especially at race easy to loose because of that.

Viscous coupling is your friend, easy and predictable, also you can step on it much earlier resulting better top speeds and acceleration out from corners in practise.
How can people say that, You drive RAC on the limit and it becomes un-predictable. FZ5 I think is the easiest car to drive, and that includes drifting.
#87 - DeKo
Quote from BlueFlame :It's the most unpredictable car on LFS though..

its not really, if you have a decent set and a bit of car control its pretty predictable. At least, i know exactly when im going to lose the arse

Its not really that bad, spend some time with it and show it some respect and it can be blisteringly fast.
I don't understand how people can say it's NOT the most un-predictable car on LFS though, it clearly is, and F08 a close 2nd.
I am using setups that have been sent to me by people like you 2, saying all i need is a good setup to drive the car predictably. Ask Jwardy, he tell you the same too :P
#89 - DeKo
Quote from BlueFlame :I don't understand how people can say it's NOT the most un-predictable car on LFS though, it clearly is, and F08 a close 2nd.
I am using setups that have been sent to me by people like you 2, saying all i need is a good setup to drive the car predictably. Ask Jwardy, he tell you the same too :P

it isnt unpredictable at all, it doesnt just do stuff out of nowhere. It is the hardest car to drive in the game yeah, but its not unpredictable. In my experience i know its going to go wrong a lot, theres just not much i can do about it. It doesnt just snap out on me for no reason, i usually have done something to make it snap.

And the FO8 is one of the most predictable cars in the game i think. Ive done a lot of endurance races with it and its imo one of the easiest cars to be consistant in.
#90 - JTbo
Quote from BlueFlame :I don't understand how people can say it's NOT the most un-predictable car on LFS though, it clearly is, and F08 a close 2nd.

Maybe it is because we can drive and you can't?

FO8 is perhaps not unpredictable at all, that is so logical that even XRT is worse in those terms.

FZ50 is one that I haven't made good setup yet, also it seems to be one that requires bit more work to get setup made that does work how I prefer.

How do you feel then BF1 with traction control off?
BF1 with TC off, is the most predictable thing, you know how much throttle will spin the tyres, RAC = spin no warning, or no catching it.
JTbo and Deko, give your list of top 3 un-predictable cars on LFS then.
#93 - JTbo
Quote from BlueFlame :JTbo and Deko, give your list of top 3 un-predictable cars on LFS then.

That is quite impossible as there is no unpredictable cars really
#94 - DeKo
Quote from JTbo :That is quite impossible as there is no unpredictable cars really

i agree with this guy here. The cars arent unpredictable. They are incredibly hard to drive, but they are predictably hard.
The FZ50 is one. It's heavy at 1.4 tonnes (plus driver), even heavier than the FZR. This makes it quite laggy and hard to thrash about cuz there is alot of body roll. Not exactly unpredictable, but u know what i mean. That's what i think, tho.
I know exactly when (and that) I'm going to crash in the RAC, so not unpredictable at all
1:27x i dont remember on 2nd lap
Attached files
rac oversteer.spr - 190.4 KB - 201 views
1:34.777 on first try, oh my... More like iceskating
Attached files
Acc'sOneAndOnlyTry.spr - 149.9 KB - 202 views

Who is up for a challenge?
(100 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG