The online racing simulator
Resolution too low
(13 posts, started )
#1 - Eross
Resolution too low
I made a quick skin and tried to upload it onto lfsworld but said the resolution was to low and needed to be 1024 by 1024 how do i change it?
#2 - Rish
to low, WOW. what res did you make it at?
#3 - Eross
512 by 512 only found that out after though
Go into photoshop, or any basic image editor and increase the size. You may have to stretch or even squish the image which may or may not pixelate it...

EDIT: Where as the image is square it shouldn't squish it, which is good. But you may still notice the pixelation from stretching it.

The directions using MS Paint: (Because I don't have Photoshop or anything nice on this computer)

Load your image.
Image >> Attributes - Set width and height to 1024
Select the entire image: Ctrl-A
Image >> Stretch: 200%
Save
#5 - Eross
nice one, thanks
#6 - Rish
its gonna pixelate!! I use 2048 and then resize to 1024 for LFSworld!
is it possible to use 4096?
it's possible to use 8192x8192.

U just have to resize it for lfs world.

Although, it can slow down the computer and fps rate when it enters, because of so much detail to load.

Out team's skins are 4096x4096 for good detail in screenies and movies
#9 - Gunn
Quote from HellBoy99 :it's possible to use 8192x8192.

U just have to resize it for lfs world.

Although, it can slow down the computer and fps rate when it enters, because of so much detail to load.

Out team's skins are 4096x4096 for good detail in screenies and movies

I recall Scawen saying that anything over 4096 would be a waste of time anyway, I don't think graphics cards handle textures over 4096. Having said that, 4096 is ridiculous for a car texture and should be discouraged.
#10 - Gunn
Quote from Eross :I made a quick skin and tried to upload it onto lfsworld but said the resolution was to low and needed to be 1024 by 1024 how do i change it?

It is best to make your skin at 1024 x 1024 or make it at 2048 x 2048 and reduce the size to 1024 x 1024. Enlarging textures destroys the quality quite a lot. Reducing is usually ok.
#11 - Rish
hmmm 4096 x 4096 skin. Nice i'm so gonna have a go just to see how it looks in game
You'll have to let everyone know how it comes out
Lol
Well dudes i can make the skins in what resolution i want .Here is an example .That skin i make a long time ago.It is in a resolution about 4096x4096 Try it i think that i can make skin in about resouliton 8096x8096
But there is a little problem how to share it

Resolution too low
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG