The online racing simulator
Network Backup Attempt
(3 posts, started )
Network Backup Attempt
I'm trying to back up an image of my Tablet's hard drive using Acronis to a shared drive on my desktop. At first, it would only get to 4% and then give me a write error. Turned out Norton Worm was blocking it. I turned it off and it seemed to be running ok (EVERYTHING is disabled on both computers) and yet this time it only got to 39% before giving the error. The thing is, when I get that error, if I go into the My Network explorer, I cannot access the other computer again, and I have to fiddle with it until it shows up. What gives? Any ideas anyone?! HELP!
Quote from Stang70Fastback :I'm trying to back up an image of my Tablet's hard drive using Acronis to a shared drive on my desktop. At first, it would only get to 4% and then give me a write error. Turned out Norton Worm was blocking it. I turned it off and it seemed to be running ok (EVERYTHING is disabled on both computers) and yet this time it only got to 39% before giving the error. The thing is, when I get that error, if I go into the My Network explorer, I cannot access the other computer again, and I have to fiddle with it until it shows up. What gives? Any ideas anyone?! HELP!

Are you using a wired connection or wireless?
Wireless. I think the issue was Norton, which was disabled but was still blocking access. I just gave up and backed up to an external drive and then copied the backup file directly to the hard drive on the other PC.

Network Backup Attempt
(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG