The online racing simulator
a hotwheels skin and a crown skin
Ive been working on these off and on for a while when I get time. Im not sure if im ready to call them done yet or not. Im still pretty new at this and any opinions or suggestions are welcome

:hyper:
Attached images
gt3htwls.jpg
crnckegti.jpg
Crown Royal and Coke ehhh? Hmmmm :drunk: :drink:

Nice job. You could almost be finished, what else do you want to do to the skins (why are they work in progress)?

I'd say your done. Because you'll spend more time being unsure about "if the skin is finished", when you can move on and start working on more skins and become better at producing skins one by one... with no hesitation - and a greater sense of quality.
On the Hotwheels skin, I'd recommend de-saturating the blue slightly. It looks horribly fake as is, which is a common problem on blue skins, and green skins. I'd darken it a little, too, but that is personal preference. I'd also change the number, that font doesn't fit the skin very well imho, and I think the stroke (or is it an outter glow? Sorry.. tired eyes, i need some sleep :P) is a little too thick for that particular font. I'd be inclined to go with something bolder, or something more streamlined if you want the thinner look. Also, the number and the Mobil 1 logo on the side are crossing the door-line. I'd make them just a touch smaller so they don't cross that line. Similarily, the ATI logo just bleeds onto the bottom-most out-step on the side. Lastly, it looks like the skin was made at 1024 resolution. I'd recommend you use 2048 res in the future; I'd also recommend Bunta's skin kits from Master Skinnerz I know, lots of nitpicks, but I still love Hotwheels so skins featuring the brand get a lot of attention and inspection from me :P hehe.

The Crown Royal/Coke car is quite nice as well, the colour gradient was nicely done. The decal size and placement makes it look like a regional weekend club racer; and image perfect for that car.

All just small crits by me, both skins done quite nicely indeed!
Thanks for your comments The more i look at it the more i see the hotwheels car is too bright and the decals need some tweaking. I cant seem to get the Master Skinnerz kits to open, im using Zara, any ideas what the problem is? I got the decals from Brands of the world, so Zara is capable of opening some diff formats.

I've never heard of Zara before, so I don't know what the problem could be. Can it open other .PSD files?
Xara Extreme is vector based and cheaper than photoshop, i think its great:icon23:
http://www.xara.com/
I dont think it will do .rar, just says file not recognized, though ive not had it for very long so im no expert, it will open .eps most of the time
Well i just checked the website i posted and it says i shouldnt be able to use eps but says to use psd .
oohh do i have to extract the file from rar format somehow?

Yes, a .rar file is a compressed archive file; like a zip. Download 'winrar' and you can open the rar files, as well as many other archive files, and then you can get at your tastey skin kits
I want one!
Nester 076,
Crown & Coke is my absolute favorite beverage. Can you make one for the XR GT TURBO? I love your design!!!!!!

X-Hound
omg this thread is over a year old!!
use some common sense
Be nice mutt.

It's a demo racer and he's had 1 post.

Most likely he'll never return....

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG