The online racing simulator
Sad
(18 posts, closed, started )
Sad
Hi Becky

I'm really sorrry that your "LFS life" is shitty right now!
It sucks that your passion and fun has been sucked out of it by petty concerns and greivences. Some complaints are justified and some are not. I am not making a call either way because I am not involved.
I hope after a break you can come back, maybe with a different user name and have some fun racing again. I imagine it must suck to answer questions about the server as you race and be pestered with complaints and ideas.
Anyway hope to see you in the future and I for one, and I know there are many others, really and truely THANK YOU for all you hard and brilliant work on this server!!!!!

Everyone raise a glass to just having fun and racing hard
What? Was there a bitchfest again?

E: Ah, just found the thread. Sad indeed.
However, I thought Becky has finally learned to ignore these ridiculous arguments and personal attacks. Oh well...
Yup read a couple of posts down from this one. About how CTRA deals with drivers. Its locked now.
I saw it now, it`s truelly sad.
And if she talks the truth, something I belvie she does, then there is no excuse for the redline members. I have had problems with RR before, mainly just small issues, an over-entusiatic admin and some other episodes, but I didn`t think they was of that kind.
Since CTRA started it seems that RR have had a problem with this, various examples of it, and I really don`t understand it why it has been this way. CTRA simply is a better system, and a much more FAIR system. Oh yes, I`v got my bans from CTRA, but thats something I just have myself to thanks for. I do hope that Becky comes back, and I think some of the RR people should start thinking some.
It is more than enough people to both keep the RR and CTRA servers busy, so I don`t understand why it seems to be this much "competition" between these servers.

But again, this is imo, and I have not knowlege to say whos right or whos not, but out from the information I have I have this oppinion about it.

And please Becky, don`t leave us
Quote from The Very End :I saw it now, it`s truelly sad.
And if she talks the truth, something I belvie she does, then there is no excuse for the redline members. I have had problems with RR before, mainly just small issues, an over-entusiatic admin and some other episodes, but I didn`t think they was of that kind.
Since CTRA started it seems that RR have had a problem with this, various examples of it, and I really don`t understand it why it has been this way. CTRA simply is a better system, and a much more FAIR system. Oh yes, I`v got my bans from CTRA, but thats something I just have myself to thanks for. I do hope that Becky comes back, and I think some of the RR people should start thinking some.
It is more than enough people to both keep the RR and CTRA servers busy, so I don`t understand why it seems to be this much "competition" between these servers.

But again, this is imo, and I have not knowlege to say whos right or whos not, but out from the information I have I have this oppinion about it.

And please Becky, don`t leave us

Just to be clear!!

I was not taking Beckys position or Redlines position as being right!!!!!!
I was simply stating that it was a shitty thing to have your hobby that you obviously care a great deal about turned into a bitch fest every time your online.

I don't want this to be a continuation of the other post!
I also tries to stand neutral, but I seems to have more sympathi for Becky tho.
But let us please don`t end this in a flamewar, we all agree that it`s sad if Becky leaves due to some childish behaviour of some people
Some things in life make you sad.
#8 - Noccy
I'm guessing neither Becky, RR or the LFS-forum admins see this thread as usefull..especially with some redundant fingerpointing being thrown in.

If u want to support Becky there are more private ways to let her know instead of posting subjective opinions that only serve to bring in angry replies with the risk of starting the whole thing all over again. Don't u think?
Quote from Noccy :I'm guessing neither Becky, RR or the LFS-forum admins see this thread as usefull..especially with some redundant fingerpointing being thrown in.

If u want to support Becky there are more private ways to let her know instead of posting subjective opinions that only serve to bring in angry replies with the risk of starting the whole thing all over again. Don't u think?

Did you read the post or are you just spouting Sh&* because you don't understand what I wrote?
Quote from Toddshooter :Did you read the post or are you just spouting Sh&* because you don't understand what I wrote?

I completely agree with Noccy's post and I did understand your post.

But did you really expect this thread NOT to become another big argument?
I don't think you did!
Quote from zeugnimod :I completely agree with Noccy's post and I did understand your post.

But did you really expect this thread NOT to become another big argument?

I don't think you did understand, how is anything I wrote argumentative? I was simply stating that it must suck sometimes to be asked again and again the same things. And to constantly get into arguments about the same issues.
Becky and I haven't seen eye to eye on a few issues in the past either.
So don't come into this with the impression I'm a Becky groupy like some people on these forms, I'm not!
I was simply stating my veiwpoint and sympathizing with a fellow human.
Really sorry to have taken your valuable time and gotten your backs up.
Todd..i understand perfectly fine what u wrote.

But i stand by my opinion that this thread wont serve a purpose that couldnt be accomplished in private and will only serve to start arguments all over again.

Two posts before mine were clearly verry subjective and had some useless fingerpointing thrown in (one has been edited allready so i guess the poster agreed that it was unnecesary?)

Feel free to "spout some Sh&*" yourselves but i wont take your bait and start throwing accusations or insults back.
Who ever invented the "internet forum" needs a swift kick up the arse.

Becky is a smart girl in a world dominated by boys or infants in some people case. She will never be able to please everyone and the success of the STCC has made her a target.

I dont really care about the details of Redline vs. CTRA, but personal attacks are a sign of ignorance and immaturity.

Never been on a Redline server, never will.
Quote from Noccy :Todd..i understand perfectly fine what u wrote.

But i stand by my opinion that this thread wont serve a purpose that couldnt be accomplished in private and will only serve to start arguments all over again.

Two posts before mine were clearly verry subjective and had some useless fingerpointing thrown in (one has been edited allready so i guess the poster agreed that it was unnecesary?)

Feel free to "spout some Sh&*" yourselves but i wont take your bait and start throwing accusations or insults back.

First of all I apologize for the Sh&* statment that was argumentative on my part....

But I don't see where I was making any acusations or being argumentative in any other way. That is what is puzzleing me about what your saying to me.
Todd, the "fingerpointing" part wasn't meant at u, but at 2other posts here. I understand u only wanted to support Becky which in my opinion can be done privately without risking another mud throwing fest.
I just tried to point out some comments were perfect flamebait for whoever would feel attacked by them. (and that a public thread will almost always draw in these comments and angry people)

I'll apologize for the last sentence in my previous post too, can get a little jumpy if someone tells me i'm spouting brown excrement.
I love brown excretment ooops did I say that out loud?
No Problem M8 See ya on the track.
Quote from Toddshooter :I don't think you did understand, how is anything I wrote argumentative? I was simply stating that it must suck sometimes to be asked again and again the same things. And to constantly get into arguments about the same issues.

So don't come into this with the impression I'm a Becky groupy like some people on these forms, I'm not!

Now you didn't understand me. I never said you were argumentative. I actually agree with your first post.

Ah, just read Noccy's posts, he said it all.
#18 - SamH
Forgive me, I just got out of a BabyR race (where I sucked! ) and read this thread.

For the record, Becky's been feeling worn thin since before we began developing the CTRA X-System, and there's nothing new about how she feels. The UKCT team and the X-Beta team, I think, kept Becky's interest and enthusiasm up during the development of the X-System. There was then, and is still, a lot of support and recognition of the effort that Becky's put in to LFS within the community.. so all of UKCT are grateful to all of you guys for your support, and I'm absolutely sure Becky is too.

My mum used to say "there's nowt as dead as a dead love". I think that's where Becky is, these days. It's not a reflection on any of us lot who hang about in the CTRA section normally.. I just think Becky's discovered a new place to be, where the crap doesn't flow and she can be 100% herself. She's not excited by LFS any more, and only seems to connect with it when there's crap to deal with.. so it's understandable, and I respect her for it.

Unlike me, I don't think Becky is as able to laugh stuff off. I tend to point and laugh at the people who make fools of themselves when they try having a go at me.. but I'm probably unusually aloof in that respect, and mostly I come across as attrociously arrogant. I'm a bit arrogant, but it's my defence mechanism and it means I can't be hurt. Becky's more normal, and more susceptible to hurt. Tis what it is

So with Becky's effective departure, the obvious question is: What's next for the X-System? Good question, glad you asked! Let's finish on a positive note...

The UKCT team are busy on the new version of the X-System. We've built the code for connecting to the server, and for talking to the MySQL database. We're just devising the project's capabilities and extensibilities and then we'll be beginning to work on the main body of the program logic.

It's a bit of a wheel reinvention in places, but in large part it will be all-new and the advantage is that we'll have a totally event-driven, OOP version of the software in C# that at least 4 of the UKCT programmers will understand intimately. Development of the new software through completion is scheduled over the Christmas holidays and should be ready to deploy early in 2008. It will include the X-Events system that we've talked about, and also the X-am system that you may or may not have heard about The most important thing is that Becky's wish to be able to walk away from the software will finally be granted, and she will feel absolutely no pressure or obligation. We promised Becky this way back in the summer, but it's our fault it's taken us this long to make it happen.

The existing X-System will have to stay for the time being. I've recoded the X-System source today to accomodate the FBR and a new UF-BR class, but I'm unable to compile at the moment because of a problem with the mysql connector. For the moment, we're static until/unless I can figure it out.
This thread is closed

Sad
(18 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG