The online racing simulator
'Surprise' was not specific enough.
Luckily, I can make up the rules as I go along.
Pfff, cheater!

was loooooong shot anyways
Well:
1) Rain (wet tracks)
2) Night time (should be fun race 24hrs)
3) Engine,transmision damage
4) AI
Quote from AndroidXP :Now for the real changes (that we know of so far):
  • New Formula BMW FB02
  • Updated Blackwood & South City
  • Updated interiors, though not everything finished yet
  • Updated AI, can now pit, is faster and has better ideal line calculation (taking tyre status into account)
  • Engines now have more inertia (stronger and more realistic engine braking)
  • Engines now have more realistic redlines
  • Clutch overheating
  • Stalling
  • Sequential gearbox simulation improved, the fastest way of shifting is now done clutchless + lifting the throttle a bit.
+ whatever Scawen didn't mention in the news post
+ things I forgot

I'd say the removal of throttle cut and auto blip driving aids are more than likely, regarding the translation files. Of course not officially mentioned. Plus it's certain it's gonna have several different kind of gearboxes (again the translation files).

I still don't understand the interiors thing - the piece of news says they're not yet ready but will be released as soon as possible? So either 1) patch Y is waiting for the interiors or 2) we'll get another incompatible patch soon... both sounds unlikely
Why car interiors can be added only through incompatible patch? I mean, it's 3d and texture update for car models - it doesn't affect physics and actual driving, thus no replay OOS. Or am I misunderstanding something?
The CoG and Mass of the cars are believed to be calculated from the 3D models - so changing them makes the physics change = incompatible.
Quote from tristancliffe :The CoG and Mass of the cars are believed to be calculated from the 3D models - so changing them makes the physics change = incompatible.

the collision detection also works on the models in some way or another so a compatible patch might cause miscalculations when 2 cars get close to each other ... not that anyone would notice anythings different but still
1. lift-off (AERO)
2. Tracks
Quote from tristancliffe :The CoG and Mass of the cars are believed to be calculated from the 3D models - so changing them makes the physics change = incompatible.

I'm unsure how it all ties together but you can swap the body on a car without affecting the mass and weight distribution. It's only aero I've noticed change with the body.

I think collision detection is the issue, as the collision body seems to come from the vob file as well as the 3D mesh.
Did Scawen say that collision model is better or only South City was improved with protections in some walls?
Nope, it`s just speculations by some users.
But you never know, he could surprise us, he seems to do it pretty often
Quote from The Very End :Nope, it`s just speculations by some users.
But you never know, he could surprise us, he seems to do it pretty often

Well he said he would be looking in to improving the collisions couple of months back.
Thats right, but I don`t think it`s fixed yet, meaning maybe next patch will fix this. Since probally this patch mostly was about cars and tracks But... he might surprise us, who knows what lies ahead?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG