The online racing simulator
windows vista and lfs....
(18 posts, started )
ok soo i go in a online game with over 6 people and the i see them lag a lot but they dont realy lag its my connection i run windows vista and a modem soo i need help please i cant install xp cus my mom said grr mom so what is there to do..
Is this PC or laptop? I'm running LFS with Vista on laptop and I don't seem to see not much lag.
i use pc
Your problem is the modem. Get your mom to buy a decent high-speed connection.
she wont buy anything i have a old computer that has xp and lfs and stuff but it need fixing i am going to try to see what the prob is on the old 1 but for now i haft to use the damn new 1
Quote from mutt107 :she wont buy anything i have a old computer that has xp and lfs and stuff but it need fixing i am going to try to see what the prob is on the old 1 but for now i haft to use the damn new 1

If you're using a router tell your bros/sister not to download anything while playing LFS. And whats wrong with a newer PC? Will you post the specs please, I want to know why your NEW PC is struggling.
(hard drive) 320 gb
Intel graphics media accelerator 950
Intel Pentium dualcore processor
(memory) dual channel 1024 MB DDR2
(network) 10/100 MBPS Ethernet LAN
computer is a gateway gt5464.
and my sister dont download anything while i play lfs and i don't ether
You're running Vista right? I'm guessing its your ram, although this will not cause internet connection to lag, it will cause the game to lag. Sometimes when the game lags too much maybe 3fps it lags as in internet connection, or a simple problem would be that the server has very bad ping :P Which server is this actually?
cone dodgers fm servers ltc servers clc servers allmost all of them with more than 6 people
#10 - Jakg
Frankly no-one can help with such a rubbish description of the problem.

Firstly, LFS works fine in Vista (both 64 and 32-bit).

Secondly, we need to narrow the problem down - does this happen on the older computer as well or not?

Do you mean lag as in proper internet lag, or as in a low FPS?
internet lag
what internet connection do you have, or post here your speedtest results
Running LFS on Vista, using Fujitsu Amilo Pa2510 laptop, and I have no lag at all on a full server...

You should check your connection IMO

speed test ^^^
and the prob is that i run vista and a MODEM people say they have problems with vista and modem...
This doesn't look right, I'm running Vista as well with a LOWER connection than you yet I don't lag??

is there a vista firewall blocking lfs?
ok got it fixed my mom took the parental controls so its fixed now
Quote from mutt107 :ok got it fixed my mom took the parental controls so its fixed now

Doh! forgot about those! Yea they slow the internet down.

(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG