The online racing simulator
Cant Decide on wether I should buy a voucher or a New Account
Well I'm going to get S2 for my nephew and his dad for christmas, I want it to be legit and I'm not sure how it works but I'm thinking I'd buy a voucher, Correct? Will they be registered on the forums, and will we both be able to play at the same time on the NET? I'm gettin my G25 in 3-7 days from today so I'll be handing over my Logitech MoMo wheel as well. What could be better then an S2 account and the Momo wheel, Well the G25 wheel would be better, but he's 11 and he got time to get use to the controls and what not, but I think it'll be a great gift for him this year?

So what I'm asking the community is this, Should I purchase an S2 account like I'm a new Demo user or is there a second way? Please LMK as to what I need to do.

Thank -Mike
1) Purchase a voucher. They'll then create their account (or you create it for them?) and simply use the voucher code to upgrade this account.

2) As they will both use the same account (one S2 voucher), they will only be able to race each other in a LAN game, but they will NOT be able to race online simultaneously - multiple accounts are needed for that.

3) To anyone crying "account sharing", while technically it is account sharing (which is forbidden by the EULA), it is allowed to share between family members.
You could purchase it as a demo user, and simply tell them the password(s) and username, or you can send them a voucher code, and they make a demo account and type in the code. It results in the same thing. They'll have their own username, so can race online with you. S2 users automatically have a forum account, I think demo users might need to make their own (not sure on that).

Edit: Damn Android!
#4 - Osco
just buy a voucher, it's what I did for my friends birthday
(he was already demo user btw)
nice gift i think he will enjoy it
Thanks for the help guys, just one more question though. In the future will they be able to put in that same voucher code to receive updates? Like us Licensed people we get 2 unlocks a month, and yes I know it'll never go over two, I'm just asking for sake of myself.
When he types in his voucher code for the first time, his account will be the same as your S2 accout.
Voucher is just another way to get someone licensed
Well looks like I'll be buying a Voucher real soon then, thanks for the help guys
A voucher is basically the LFS of a gift voucher (you have them in the States right? Called the same?), so you hand it over and it's LFS money that they can spend on a licence.
Slightly off-topic, sorry but I'm buying an S2 licence for a Christmas present too and was wondering if anyone has a template for a kind of gift certificate or racing licence to put in the card? I knocked something up based on the S2 licence you see on the lfs.net homepage, but was just wondering if anyone has done anything a bit smarter? Would just be a bit better that giving a scrap of paper with some letters and numbers on it for Christmas!
How about shamelessly stealing the CTRA license template?
Quote from tristancliffe :A voucher is basically the LFS of a gift voucher (you have them in the States right? Called the same?), so you hand it over and it's LFS money that they can spend on a licence.

Called gift certificates over here, but same idea.
Quote from Nick A :Slightly off-topic, sorry but I'm buying an S2 licence for a Christmas present too and was wondering if anyone has a template for a kind of gift certificate or racing licence to put in the card? I knocked something up based on the S2 licence you see on the lfs.net homepage, but was just wondering if anyone has done anything a bit smarter? Would just be a bit better that giving a scrap of paper with some letters and numbers on it for Christmas!

I too was going to do the same thing, I was messing around with some one LFS logo's in cs2 but I'm still not sure if I hit the spot with it.
Well I posted it as an improvemment suggestion. It would be nice to have something to print to give as a voucher. If you come up with anything good please post it, I'm sure others would use it too.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG