The online racing simulator
Christmas wish list
(99 posts, started )
My Christmas List

AsusTek EeePC notebook, 8Gb sd card, 250Gb external hard drive for the laptop and Rhydian to win X factor

[edit] Tickets to go see Iron Maiden at twickenham on Saturday 5th July 2008 and a G25...but I know I'm only getting the stuff for the laptop this year[edit/]
New camera. Maybe a Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT (body only) and a nice and cheap EF 50mm f/1.8 II lens.. yum

Oh and, world peace.
Quote from Blas89 :1. A pair of those thing to grab, I think the girls have two

Eyes?? Ears?? Feet? Tongues? (Well when Mrs B is nagging, it SOUNDS like she got two tongues! )

Quote from Rappa Z :Also, i forgot. I am dying to have "Santa" NOT get Guitar Hero III for my brother because he only likes Free Bird, Message in a Bottle, and War Pigs. I can't stand the three.

HEATHEN!!!!!!
(well...except for maybe Message in a Bokkel...thats cr*p)

If Guitar Hero 3 has War Pigs and Freebird on it, then add said game to my list!
I'd like to spend some time with my family
#56 - Jakg
Quote from mcintyrej :LOL. -50 degrees doesn't occur anywhere but liquid nitrogen. I doubt Harjun is getting some of that for christmas! Harjun, overclocking isn't limited by temperatures, i think your CPU will fart out before you get even 4.0Ghz.

Do us the favor of not mentioning a word about what you've done, it will make this place a happy place!

Vapochill = Phase Change. With a Dual Core like his at stock he would be getting -50 under load.

Of course, Phase Change systems like the Vaphochill can't deal with the heat of a Quad and so the compressors will just burn out in a few months, but meh.

LN2 is good for -100 under load, but the temperature becomes just a number at that point.

Usually the CPU overclock is limited by voltage - absurd cooling (ie under 0) doesn't do anything good for the life-time of the CPU, but you can put ridiculous voltage through it and the chip (which will kill it quick, too).

Phase Change is completely impractical for 24/7 use though. Especially as you'll need to insulate your mobo. I'd still kill for a Cascade setup though!
Quote from mrodgers :Quite some time ago on a TV show, they overclocked a P4 2.2 GHz (or something like that) to 4.08 GHz I think, with just that, liquid nitrogen to cool it.

The 3.6 GHz P4 (i think it's that one, at least...) has been taken to 8.1 GHz under Liquid Nitrogen.

Oh, a list:
1. New Helmet,
2. Something involving a certain girl,

Thats the stuff i would actually expect. Now for the pipe dreams...

3. Better Speakers.
4. Triple Monitor Setups,
5. My bike actually working.

Yes, surprisingly nothing for my PC. If a Quad and a GTX doesn't please me (or should please me when i install the new mobo), then i don't see an upgrade helping much.
Monitors and speakers don't go in to computer?
#58 - Jakg
Thats why there "pipe dreams".

And they don't technically go "into" a computer.
1. Some minions.
2. Better computer stuff (no point going into details).
3. Good ideas for what to buy my family and girlfriend for christmas.
4. Stuff i.e. DVD's, CD's, clothes..stuff.
Already posted my wish list. I already know what I've got coming (not much...)

1. small 4x6 printer for pictures, I'm the one who ordered it and the wife wrapped it up for me for Christmas

2. cordless drill. When the 4 year old tripped over the new heat cover in the kitchen floor, I commented, "I'll fix that after I open my new drill for Christmas." Which my 7 year old promptly started winking at Mom loudly whispering, "I didn't say anything to him!"

Which the wife has already seen her presents since I had my mother-in-law pick them up and the wife ignored her yelling "Go into another line" when she got into the same checkout line.
Quote from LFSn00b :5) No idea, jaffacakes?

I love Jaffacakes. I hope I get some for Christmas
Ohh, good idea with the Jaffas. I just got back from the shops too...
Quote from mcintyrej :LOL. -50 degrees doesn't occur anywhere but liquid nitrogen. I doubt Harjun is getting some of that for christmas! Harjun, overclocking isn't limited by temperatures, i think your CPU will fart out before you get even 4.0Ghz.

Do us the favor of not mentioning a word about what you've done, it will make this place a happy place!

Yep, back in the day, i cascade cooled an AMD1700+ with 2 Vapo's regassed with r134, 'only' managed -38 under load
Someone send me a dang Jaffacake for Christmas. I've been hearing about jaffacakes for almost 3 years now, and the things look like they would be utterly disgusting to eat. I really do want to see and try one in person.
Quote from mrodgers :Someone send me a dang Jaffacake for Christmas. I've been hearing about jaffacakes for almost 3 years now, and the things look like they would be utterly disgusting to eat. I really do want to see and try one in person.

Mike, PM me and I'll see what I can work out

Also, they are ****ing brilliant.
1. LFS S2Y
2. Happiness and peace in all the world
3. Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI Tommy Makinen Edition
4. To pass all exams I will have the next 2 years
5. To be free forever as I am now

:auto:
Quote from mrodgers :I've been hearing about jaffacakes for almost 3 years now, and the things look like they would be utterly disgusting to eat.

Any more outbursts like that and you will be scratched off santa's list altogether.
1. New Gf
2. jaffacakes(im curius wth is that)
can i buy those in New jersey?
e2, Look for some british specialty shops, that's where I've found mine the last few times. I plan on getting some soon too.
Quote from mrodgers :Ah! As in a Kyosho Mini Z? I never made the connection with your name. Cool stuff. Perhaps we both will get gift cards to something like Tower Hobbies or Hobbytown USA and we could ride together to ransack the place for RC airplanes and Mini RC trucks

Si senor. Kyosho Mini Z it is, all I've bothered to play with in RC. I have a few 1/10th cars but they all don't work and I have no plans to fix them up.
Quote from Riders Motion :1) A Poney
2) Logitech G25
3) Patch Y
4) Tonka Trucks
5) New Computer
6) Shovel to clean the poney poop

:ices_rofl

What I want:

Wii
G15 kb
Visit from my brother I never get to see :'(
1. Actlabs shifter RS
2. RBR
1) Wii

2)Laptop (enjoying now)

3)PS3

4)Happiness
Quote from dawesdust_12 :e2, Look for some british specialty shops, that's where I've found mine the last few times. I plan on getting some soon too.

Doh! The girl at the front desk at work is British. I'm going to ask her where I can find a jaffacake around here

Christmas wish list
(99 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG