Patch Question
Hi there

as you know scrawen announced the new patch with some updates on tracks and physics... now, what is when the patch will be release before we did the last race???

because of LFS's auto-update we'd have automatically the newest version of it... wouldn't it affect the campionchip???

best regards
Zz0
There are few points to consider, I'm sure the race organizers will look in to it.
#3 - mr_x
The way it stands it'll be exactly the same changes for everyone, so I can't see why it should affect this series.
I Can't see a problem as it would be the same for all drivers, unless good sets became crap overnight but judging on previous physics updates we may notice a slight difference but I would be very surprised if we had major problems cause he physics engine is what makes LFS so good so Scawen I doubt would mess with it too much.
I am asking because in May-Hem Cup there was a similar situation with Patch X... back in the past we had the luck it was released after round 5, if i remember right.
(OK) Maybe another thing causes the discussion was that there was the possibility of having 28 or at the end 32(/30) and of having these extra kilos as placement punishment
#6 - Dru
I would imagine that we wait and find out what happens regarding its actual release date.

If it comes out before the end we will see what happens then
ok
now the testpatch X30 is downloadable...

and now???
#9 - Dru
'test' patch.....
#10 - Dru
As the patch is incompatible with previous versions of X I strongly suggest that you install X30 in a seperate folder as until Y is released we will continue with PAtch X
cough woops lol
Quote from james12s :cough woops lol

same I thought... just loaded the older version of LFS for driving this league...
Patch Y will be out this week!!!
Quote from Scawen :I don't have any plans to make any changes to physics before Patch Y. Patch Y must be out this week so I've just got a couple of days to fix a few more bugs, so there are then another couple of days in final testing with no more changes other than crashes and showstopper fixes.

SCAWEN said himself that "Patch Y must be out this week"!!!

See it for yourself!!!
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=632070#post632070
#14 - Dru
Does this really change anything?

If the PAtch is out before Thursday nights race then we will have to run the race in PAtch Y because of LFS's auto patch update.

If it is not released until after (ie Friday) then its not a problem is it

Regards,

Dru.
good idea,

btw i dont think that they will publish a new patch during the week.
the last 2 years the only published it in the weekends.

but we will see

Greats,

Reintjan

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG