The online racing simulator
KY3 changes....
(9 posts, started )
KY3 changes....
Excellent job on the KY3 changes and tyre additions. Really makes a huge difference to the chicanes and much more challenging. We were talking in ventrilo at the start and saying that what CTRA should also have done is reset the lap records!!!!!! At the end of the race we realised you had --- great job!
Damn there my 2 LR goes xD
Anyway, it`s a nice change, no more cutting on the chicane I guess
Quote from The Very End :no more cutting on the chicane I guess

Though you werent doing that to begin with. Have to say without actually seeing it for myself dont know if its better but ill take the lovely words of StableX as that its a good thing.
#4 - SamH
There were definitely some problems with cutting in the chicane, which *risked* unfair lap records. The only record that I know of, so far, that was set unfairly was beaten a couple of races later absolutely fairly.

I do plan to go through and make sure there are no unfair lap records in any of the cars. Since the track now has a layout where before there was none, it effectively creates a new lap record to go for (CTRA instead of Standard) so it's really just a case of mopping up after the event, and no new lap records are at risk.

The new layout is intended to discourage cutting, but as always if you find that there are unfair opportunities to set lap records, we'd appreciate you letting us know so that we can close the holes
I set a new record today, it was fair so no worries
What I see is a problem now - the tyres doesn`t work as barriers. If you go full trottle over the curb, you hit the tyres, but what happens then? - you get even MORE speed, making it possible to come out from the chicane way over 200 km/h. I vote for a barrier, not tyres
When that is said, I did not cheat on this LR, but I admit that last time I was racing there I was using too much of the chicane.
I at least admit it :hide:
#6 - SamH
If you can get me an example replay of that happening, I'll most certainly find a way to fix it
I`m heading towards work now so can`t do that, but test it yourselfe, go full trottle in chicane, over the curbs and in the tyres, you get a nice little boost or close to nothing in speed reuction.
#8 - SamH
The couple of times I tried it on the nearside tyres, I finished up way into the grass with quite a bit of damage, and on the farside tyres, I just skidded out of control.. definitely slower and definitely no longer racing. I'll have another go
Lol, I get it prefect every time I try, and yes that LR is CLEAN!

KY3 changes....
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG