The online racing simulator
Go figure; which feature you want to fix first?

The one that sucks but that nobody cares about anyway?

Or the one that sucks and that everybody would like to see improved?

Clearly, fixing AI isn't needed.

p.s. I wonder when you guys will start to get bored of waiting.
If I had ten dollars to bet on the next release id send it to the lfs team to chip in for the new version, if and when it comes out. And id recomend the same for all of you who have 10 dolars to spare.
Quote from thisnameistaken :1) Bodykits and NOS
2) An open city where you can drive around, and traffic lights in the autocross editor.

get tdu if u want that
the devs already said the AI is their main focus area for the next patch..
but other than that i would say the engine stalling..

Quote from Bob Smith :

* Better aerodynamic modelling (undertray varies with ride height and body pitch)

just wondering are there any games/simulator have a aerodynamic modelling that complex?
Quote from boosterfire :get tdu if u want that

Yeah, but TDU doesn't have rocket launchers or sticky grenades which would have been thisnameistaken's number 3 & 4 predictions if he was allowed them.
Quote from Bob Smith :Going slightly off topic I think this covers everything (we know/strongly suspect) is coming in the next patch:
* Updated interiors (race cars, hopefully road cars too)
* Updated tracks (at least SO & KY)
* Finished car bodies (at least LXs to be updated, hopefully UF and RB4 too)
* Rebalanced cars
* Better clutch simulation + stalling
* Reworked AI to cope with all the changes S2 has brought
* Better aerodynamic modelling (undertray varies with ride height and body pitch)
* Better forced cockpit mode (allowing some movement of the camera but restrained to inside the cockpit)
Possibly:
* Better collision detection / handling
* Engine heating + related failures
Did I miss anything? I don't think patch Y will be THAT unexciting.

Maybe:

Better tyre modelling, more complex engine(including turbo) and transmission simulation and that leads to better sounds
#82 - Chri
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :the devs already said the AI is their main focus area for the next patch..
but other than that i would say the engine stalling..

just wondering are there any games/simulator have a aerodynamic modelling that complex?

Yes, some race sims calculate the aero, and you feel how the car is over- ,understeering if your body is damaged.
1. Nordschleife
2. Südschleife
-
(Dj-Aeri) DELETED by Dj-Aeri
1. Proper damage (ideally including external damage, but mainly related to the internal parts).
2. A ridiculously hilly and twisty track similar to Bathurst.
Quote from Crashgate3 :2. A ridiculously hilly and twisty track similar to Bathurst.

I really hope you're right, but I think you've lost your Ten Bucks.
Haha, yeah it's not going to happen - I still want one though
1. S3
2. S3 beta

:P
Quote from Crashgate3 :A ridiculously hilly and twisty track similar to Bathurst.

i wonder what this layout might be:
Chicane Route
Quote from farcar :I really hope you're right, but I think you've lost your Ten Bucks.

Bathurst was one of my definite favourites in Toca3 back in the days. Very exciting track, you really had to time your overtakings carefully.

Have the developers ever talked about including real tracks in the game? Just curious..
1. DP1
2. BMW Sauber F1.07

Quote from Gnomie :Have the developers ever talked about including real tracks in the game? Just curious..

I can see you're new here...

They have apparently been offered free licensing for a real track before (I think it was Mondello Park? Nikimere mentioned it and I don't think there are any other race tracks in Ireland ) in return for some LFS licenses to run simulators at the circuit, and they declined the offer. People still ask for real circuits in the Improvement Suggestions forum regularly, but they're not going to get them.
Quote from Bob Smith :
Did I miss anything? I don't think patch Y will be THAT unexciting.

A couple of things Scawen mentioned directly a while back:

The first being proper sequential simulation. Since he's doing the stalling/clutch thing, I would bet that he's into transmission code - if that wasn't already done ages ago. I beleive it was right around even patch V that is was mentioned that he'd be working on it.

Also he expressed interest in "why locked diffs works so well", and it led to a discussion about longitudinal tire physics. I would bet that those improvements will be in patch Y, since incomp patches are kept to a minimum.

When you add it all up, Y could actually be a very decent patch indeed.
1) more aston combos
2) official support for cruise servers
1. AI
2. Physics

My 3rd option would be car balancing, but I think that will come under the physics category.
Quote from Shotglass :2) official support for cruise servers

What? Till now it has been a pure racing simulation, official cruise-support would disillusion me..
Quote from Mr.Muh :What? Till now it has been a pure racing simulation, official cruise-support would disillusion me..

then prepare to be disillusioned:
3h_cruisemo Cruise (wrong way allowed) :
Quote from thisnameistaken :
Quote from gnomie :Have the developers ever talked about including real tracks in the game? Just curious..

I can see you're new here...

I am indeed.

Quote from thisnameistaken :
They have apparently been offered free licensing for a real track before (I think it was Mondello Park? Nikimere mentioned it and I don't think there are any other race tracks in Ireland ) in return for some LFS licenses to run simulators at the circuit, and they declined the offer. People still ask for real circuits in the Improvement Suggestions forum regularly, but they're not going to get them.

OK, I see. Like I said, I don't really care too much if the tracks are real or not. I can't see myself moving to another sim in the foreseeable future, so therefore the argument that "real tracks makes it easier to go from one sim to another" doesn't really apply to me.
I want that rally-pack.

illepall
1) AI
2)Improved Damage modeling
3)Improved statistics for offline racing

I would like to see a more realistic simulation of physical/mechanical damage modeling in the game. Transmission, clutch, engine damage as well as aerodynamic effects from body damage.

I would also like to see improved AI. I know that most on this board hold the opinion that AI is unimportant as this is primarily an online simulation but in my case I race only offline due to my connectivity at home. I have satellite internet which makes online racing virtually impossible

My third wish would be to have an improved system for keeping records of my offline races. I think it would be nice to have stats similar to lfsworld but for offline races. Even a simple system to keep track of my fastest laps/split times would be nice. As it stands I have to write down my fastest times to keep track of my personal records. I have tried starting an online race for me only and adding AI, but that takes a lot more time than simply starting an offline race.

Another addition I can think of would be to make a better system for adding AI drivers to a race. As it stands now every time you add an AI driver they are added to the race in the car that you have selected, in order to create a race with mixed cars/classes you ahve to continually change your car for each desired AI driver. It would be nice if you could streamline that process.

I recognize that to many these additions are superfluous but there are drivers out there that would welcome a better offline component.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG