The online racing simulator
1. AI
2. graphic updates (GTR interors and south city updates)

I would like;
1. colition detection
2. little car things (stalling, blown motor/tranny, yada)
#52 - Chri
Quote from zeugnimod :"Chri
S2 licensed

Online at: [SR]AI Only!"

Sorry, I just had to do that.

I actually agree with you, I couldn't care less about the AI.

lol you got me ^^

After posting here, i found this thread :
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=34171

I just wanted to try it out its rly funny, but i dont need better AI
1) upgrade to S2 Beta

That would be quite enough, wouldn't it.
Maybe we will get a development update sometime soon explaining what the devs have been working on like the old days when they used to do this every so often on the main page. Whatever the updates are I'm sure they will be fantastic additions, I can't wait.
Quote from zeugnimod :I couldn't care less about the AI.

I personally would like decent AI. Then I won't have to race online with arseholes like you.

And it might mean I get a race in the LRFs / LX4 occasionally, which practically never happens online because everybody's scared of them.
Quote from thisnameistaken :And it might mean I get a race in the LRFs / LX4 occasionally, which practically never happens online because everybody's scared of them.

Everybody except Blackout and his pals and all the 56 racers that participated in this race.

Edit: Woops, OK. Some of them drove the FXO. But on the other hand surprisingly many chose the LX4 even though the TBO class was available.
Quote from Chri :Why you need better AI ? If i want to race against someone i go online... I cant figure out why so many ppl want a better AI

unfortunately for some of us we are in a timezone where there aren't 1000 people playing at the same time as us. there are some nights when i try to play where i'm lucky if there is a racing server with more than 5 people in it. while i can deal with that, racing against a field of decent AI would be nice too.
#59 - Chri
Quote from UncleBenny :unfortunately for some of us we are in a timezone where there aren't 1000 people playing at the same time as us. there are some nights when i try to play where i'm lucky if there is a racing server with more than 5 people in it. while i can deal with that, racing against a field of decent AI would be nice too.

Ok, that's a reason, but if you want to have a serious race, you should drive in a league, or try the CTRA server, i think in the most public races the rear field wrecks everytime in T1, maybe there are better vibes at the front

I was driving a few times in a league and its much more fun, no wreckers, even at the rear, respectfully drivers... maybe you should try it, i bet there are some leagues with your timezone
Quote from Chri :Ok, that's a reason, but if you want to have a serious race, you should drive in a league, or try the CTRA server, i think in the most public races the rear field wrecks everytime in T1, maybe there are better vibes at the front

I was driving a few times on a league and its much more fun, m.

i am in a league, they don't race 7 nights a week though.

i have no problem with public servers either, its just that there are days where late at night here there is no one to race against. or there is, but they are racing the same boring combo all the time.
Judging from the past updates I'm guessing

New language included for some remote regions in Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan
New: Customizable map's triangle border color
Improved 64x64 textures, now 128x128 (Voodoo2/TNT2 VANTA users beware of texture memory consumption, S3 Virge DX/Trident 1mb not longer supported, sorry)

FIX: Small click sound when you pressed CTRL-ALT-U-F1-*-4856 at the same time
FIX: Crash when you stared at your dog in a cloudy day while you play LFS with a Wiimote naked.
FIX: Red start light wasn't red enough

Physics:
none

Damage:
none

Sound:
none

Graphics:
Higher resolution image in seatbelts

Doesn't matter what I'd like, my expectations are not high anymore (that's good because media/info blackout tends to create high expectations)
Quote from BLooDMaN :FIX: Crash when you stared at your dog in a cloudy day while you play LFS with a Wiimote naked.

i'm glad that one made it in there, that problem was getting real annoying
nice topic

offline career mode .... to improve driving and strategic skills on how to act like a Professional driver before competing in any real online leagues or events.

2- more shapes for the same car Statistics ...What I mean here why there is only one XFG with the current shape, why not to have many shapes for the same car's Statistics.

Thx
1 : new AI
2 : Rain (would be awesome lol but...)

3: (yep i know im suposed to put 2 choices only but) Colision/damage
4: a real clutch
Quote from BLooDMaN :Judging from the past updates I'm guessing

New language included for some remote regions in Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan
New: Customizable map's triangle border color
Improved 64x64 textures, now 128x128 (Voodoo2/TNT2 VANTA users beware of texture memory consumption, S3 Virge DX/Trident 1mb not longer supported, sorry)

FIX: Small click sound when you pressed CTRL-ALT-U-F1-*-4856 at the same time
FIX: Crash when you stared at your dog in a cloudy day while you play LFS with a Wiimote naked.
FIX: Red start light wasn't red enough

Physics:
none

Damage:
none

Sound:
none

Graphics:

Doesn't matter what I'd like, my expectations are not high anymore (that's good because media/info blackout tends to create high expectations)

Congratulations sir, you have been granted a first-class post license. That was just pure comedy goldmine.
So true, funniest post i´ve read here in a while.
Quote from BLooDMaN :Graphics:

We're finally getting seatbelts in the next patch? Woo! :static:
Quote from Boris Lozac :Probably:

1. AI (unfortunately, for an ONLINE racing simulator.. :tilt
2. GTR interiors, improved south city

what would i want:

1. ALL new interiors
2. Improved physics/multiplayer/new track area..

All new interiors? What you mean, for all cars? That is already promised. In a way... kind of. Then again, we're probably going to get only half of the interiors anyway (referring to low resolution texture size ).

I realistically don't expect much else besides the few "officially" promised features like AI & interiors. I'd like to have these, imho features that would make the biggest difference to the actual driving:
1) tyre physics improvement
2) some kind of basic engine damage (+ maybe better clutch sim)
I will be happy with whatever we get in the next patch.

I have infinite patience to wait until this whole project is finished.

I am pleased with the direction it is going and the tight control that is kept on its development.

( This post brought to you by the "Anti - Bling Bling/Gimmie More Right Now - Coalition" )
1) AI because scawen said it
2) Aerodynamic would be the next step on make a real/complete simulator
Ai
So
Going slightly off topic I think this covers everything (we know/strongly suspect) is coming in the next patch:
* Updated interiors (race cars, hopefully road cars too)
* Updated tracks (at least SO & KY)
* Finished car bodies (at least LXs to be updated, hopefully UF and RB4 too)
* Rebalanced cars
* Better clutch simulation + stalling
* Reworked AI to cope with all the changes S2 has brought
* Better aerodynamic modelling (undertray varies with ride height and body pitch)
* Better forced cockpit mode (allowing some movement of the camera but restrained to inside the cockpit)

Possibly:
* Better collision detection / handling
* Engine heating + related failures

Did I miss anything? I don't think patch Y will be THAT unexciting.
Quote from Bob Smith :Going slightly off topic I think this covers everything (we know/strongly suspect) is coming in the next patch:
* Updated interiors (race cars, hopefully road cars too)
* Updated tracks (at least SO & KY)
* Finished car bodies (at least LXs to be updated, hopefully UF and RB4 too)
* Rebalanced cars
* Better clutch simulation + stalling
* Reworked AI to cope with all the changes S2 has brought
* Better aerodynamic modelling (undertray varies with ride height and body pitch)
* Better forced cockpit mode (allowing some movement of the camera but restrained to inside the cockpit)

Possibly:
* Better collision detection / handling
* Engine heating + related failures

Did I miss anything? I don't think patch Y will be THAT unexciting.

Well that would be MORE than enough!
I wasn't expecting that much tbh.

I wish I understood why the collision problem is so difficult to solve. I'm sure Scawen would've prioritised it if there was a simple answer to it, given that it's so important. Has he ever talked about ways around it or how he plans to improve it?
nope but he has made quite clear that its at the very top of his list so id be very surprised if its not updated in patch y

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG