The online racing simulator
Saving Skin
(7 posts, started )
Saving Skin
Hello !

Im making skins for team im in, c4Racing. But i have problem. I make 'em in 2048x2048 resolution, but when i save it in 1024x1024, the quality of the skin drops too much. I've looked up in Finished Skins threads, i see there skins 1024x1024 , but all details on skins are sharp and nice. My skin in 2048x2048 is ok, but after resize it losses too much of quality and smaller details are ruined.

I am using Photoshop CS3 Extended,

Any help is welcome,
Thank You, Kirill.D
An easy way to do this, is to make the skin in 2048, then resize it to 1024. Then goto LFSWorld and upload it. After you have uploaded it, resize the skin back to 2048 and over write it with the 1024 one in your LFS skins folder. Voila!
The problem is before he's uploaded it Nathan!

When resizing the image, you probably have several types to choose from - bicubic, bilinear, weighted average etc. Paint Shop Pro (what I use) also has a Smart Size option, which I find to generally be the best option. Maybe Photoshop has a similar option?
Before you re-size, flatten the skin. Sometimes that helps. (Make sure you don't over-right the PSD with the flattened version though!)

Can you post an example of the quality loss so we can better solve the issue? Just fire the skin file up here.

Quote from Nathan_French_14 :An easy way to do this, is to make the skin in 2048, then resize it to 1024. Then goto LFSWorld and upload it. After you have uploaded it, resize the skin back to 2048 and over write it with the 1024 one in your LFS skins folder. Voila!

Never, ever size something up. It will always look like crap. Just keep the 2048 version.
say I have a 512x512 skin. how can I get the most quality without redoing it?
resize to 2048x2048
or leave at 512x512
I will try to post examples of skins tomorrow.
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :say I have a 512x512 skin. how can I get the most quality without redoing it?
resize to 2048x2048
or leave at 512x512

It will look like crap either way. Leaving it at 512 will probably look better.

Saving Skin
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG