The online racing simulator
G25 pedals
(8 posts, started )
G25 pedals
I figured this should go in off topic.

Okay, so i have been using my pedals for 3 months, and (i already put a complaint in at logitech forum. just theyre pretty slow to respond) i think its a design flaw; the wire coming out of the pedal goes in between the wall and base if you have it resting against a wall. Now there is exposed metal wiring because of the abrasion, and wondering if they will send me a new set. ASAP, i am going to get 2 pieces of rubber and place it on the wall where the pedals sit, one at each end. but the pedals are going haywire; if i press brake the accelerator goes full and doesnt stop till i move the base. i am happy with g25 besides this.
Should probably go in Hardware/Wheels and Controllers

I have always had problems with the cables that Logitech use, I have to set up, and pack up, my HW every time I want to race.
In the past few years I've rewired 3 different Logi wheels.

Your problem is there are 6 or 7 (I forget) tiny wires inside the black cable, inside these pretty coloured wires, are even smaller copper strands, and when streched or kinked the copper breaks and your pedals go crazy

If you open and cut-out the offending peice of the cable and reconnect (solder, seperate & double insulate) you would invalidate your warranty so dont do it!!

but thats what I did! (Im somwhat qualified tho )

SD.
so does your qualification enables you to keep the warranty?
One of the paddle shifters on my g25 stopped working, so I took it apart and ran a new wire and fixed it. Better than trying to hassle with customer service and only maybe getting a replacement. Having a EE degree helps though
Yeah i know how to rewire one, but i need my warranty, only 5 months old. The thing is, i think the pedal wires may have some how shorted the circuit board; an hour after that post i was still testing it, and sometimes if 2 copper wires touched or the wire it self was at a weird angle, the whole thing would go haywire. It changes calibration, being whenever it wants it can set the middle to 300 degees left, or a second later have the midle be 150 degrees right. Sometimes if i press brake, lfs doesnt see the brake pushed in, but the wheel itself pushes the right red button, which is my horn in lfs. so when i brake i beep and hit a wall.
Sounds like you should speak with the guys at the store where you bought it.
Admittedly the design isn't ideal, but it's a bit like saying "I keep banging my face against this wall and now my nose is busted. Where do I complain?"

I suggest you get creative, find a block of wood or something, or some other method to secure your pedals. (EDIT - I see you've tried some rubber)

Although I guess that doesn't help with your wacky inputs. Did you not notice the wire rammed against the wall to start with?
honestly no, i thot the wire dropped down before the face of the base touches the wall. i think the wire is a little off center, but the way it touches the wall it moves around to the left or right depending if im braking etc.

Bought it brand new from newegg.

G25 pedals
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG