The online racing simulator
Strange thing on Race 1
Just the other day I was driving on the Race 1 server. The track was BL1r.

On the downhill right-left after the first split I got nudged from behind and spun. (like that's news)

What happened next was unbelievable!

On the back straight the guy who had nudged me LET ME PASS!!!

He was there driving slowly to let me pass! I couldn't believe my eyes!

I was so shocked that I over shot my braking point to that difficult left-right-left turn complex after the back straight and went off the track.

This was the first time I have seen anyone do this on the CTRA servers. Maybe I should have reported him just for the rarity factor.
If I cause an accident, I pull over too .

I also pull over when its blue flag . I just suck at racing
This should normallly be common instead of strange.
Quote from March Hare :
This was the first time I have seen anyone do this on the CTRA servers.

Really? That's surprising; I see it regularly. I always do it myself unless the guy just sits in the grass pouting instead of rejoining.

What I encounter much more frequently on CTRA is two drivers who tap each other, both think it's their fault, so they both try to let each other past. They end up both going slow as hell and losing way more time than is necessary. Good sportsmanship though.
#5 - Kdovi
Quote from Lateralus :What I encounter much more frequently on CTRA is two drivers who tap each other, both think it's their fault, so they both try to let each other past. They end up both going slow as hell and losing way more time than is necessary. Good sportsmanship though.

Like me and Niko
And it's in the rules of CRC (iirc) so it should be usual to let the crashed guy pass. I often hit spectate when I hit someone. Fortunately, it's not too often
Quote from March Hare :................... This was the first time I have seen anyone do this on the CTRA servers. Maybe I should have reported him just for the rarity factor.

Ern............ where have you been the last century ???

This is the way, the only way to handle when causing a crash. Maybe on Race1 you dont see this kinda behaviour regular but is considered normal behaviuor at all CTRA servers. Race1 is the nursing school for racers and there will be more crashes.

But this s the only way to handle a crash.
My point exactly!

I know this is how it's supposed to be but this was the first time I have witnessed it. Usually it's just "Sorry, my bad!!!1!1!!1" and they speed off.

Maybe it is because usually I'm in the middle field or further back when starting.

Or maybe I'm online at the wrong time.

Don't know how it is on the silver and up servers but that's the story on Race 1.
3 step process for success:
1) Get in accident (not intentionally, but you get what I mean)
2) type personal sorry message, while driving at safe speed / stopped in safe place (I.E. "Sorry Sam, I hit you while you were wanking, I didn't mean to")
3) let person past, and then pass them again at next clean opportunity
#9 - SamH
Dustin.. if you see "host refused connection" on a CTRA server, don't panic.. it's intentional

Grr!

@March Hare, allowing a victim to retake position after an accident isn't just an expectation, it's a requirement on CTRA servers. If someone is habitually "sorrymybad!!1111"ing while speeding off into the sunset, then please report them. The racing culture in LFS has moved on sufficiently, now, that we can confidently assert this as a rule rather than just convention.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :................ type personal sorry message, while driving at safe speed / stopped in safe place (I.E. "Sorry Sam, I hit you while you were wanking, I didn't mean to")

:ices_rofl:uglyhamme

Quote :.......Don't know how it is on the silver and up servers but that's the story on Race 1.

Sure there is some bad behaviour out on silver servers and up . But this is were most shit arsed drivers aren`t bcus you have to put in some effort to get a higher license. At least thats CTRA to me. By rewarding racers to get points you will gain in license. But if your not commited to that you want get any or few points. Eventually those will give up driving. So by putting in some effort it will work . I know at race 1 its hard to gain points. But thats the way to do it, no commitment no points. No points no higher license.
Hey Dustin, How come the swear filter allows you to type your foul profanities here?

sometimes its slightly ammusing, but mostly it's just offensive! I hope the new STCC forum doesn't allow it.

Forums are great and allow personal expression but please, children read these posts too, keep it clean.

Sorry for the "off topic".

SD.
#12 - SamH
Must agree! (even though I know of someone in the US with that as her maiden name!)
I let people pas when i crash tem
and also bleu glag but not if bleu flag guy is slower then me
Quote from SamH :If someone is habitually "sorrymybad!!1111"ing while speeding off into the sunset, then please report them.

If I do that I'll spent more time reporting than driving.

One of the reasons people rear end me is because I have more braking power in my set than most people. Most sets I have seen have the brakes set to the optimal level for locking the wheels just before the apex. I on the other hand set my braking much higher. I do this because I noticed that those flimsy brakes are good only for hotlapping and leave you no margin of error if something untoward happens before you. Like a crash. Many is the time when I have had someone rear end me and while watching the replay noticed that they start braking at the same point as me but just can't stop. They are full on the brakes but still hit me.

I don' t see this as a reportable incident as there was nothing the other driver could have done. Except foreseeing the accident happening and slowing down beforehand. I for one don't believe in ESP (neither the ghostly nor the electronic kind).

Or made a more brakier set. Unfortunately most people are not at home with making sets, I for one. They end up using hotlap sets or the default sets. Both are good for what they are made for but neither are good for close racing. Unless you are a very good racer and it doesn't matter what set you are using or even if your car is damaged.

My set is an adaptation of the Race_s set. I have modified it quite extensively but the first two things I did were to lower the tyre pressure and increase the braking force.
#15 - SamH
I understand what you're saying, but there are two events in one here. Shunting you into a corner, you can accept as a one-off. By the 2nd corner, they should have learned that you have superior braking capabilities, and aligned their car in an attempt to out-brake you around the outside, or taken to braking earlier.

The actual offence is when they've dumped you off the track (first OR 2nd corner) and sped off. Being first to leave the scene of an accident that you're responsible for (and if you're braking in the braking zone, rather than before it then the guy behind is definitively responsible) is the actual offence, and it's difficult to do it by accident.
#16 - SamH
Quote from lucasdrifter :What will really shock you.. is that i often do the same thing in demo racing... even if i false started and have a drive through penalty on a 3 lap race ill still do it... just to keep in the rules and get the whole racing experience

You're the kinda person we love having on S2! I look forward to the day you join us!
Quote from lucasdrifter :haha well i just posted in the thread made by goob for a free s1 license he is giving away... hopefully my philosophy on racing is good enough...

then ill just upgrade to S2 when i feel that im competent enough on those track's..

Nothing i hate more then stuffing up people's race's

Good luck with the S1 license mate. As for being competent enough for S2 tracks, just go for it, you'll pick up the tracks in no time and you won't regret buying S2.
hi March Hare

a little off topic

We hade a little touch BL1R on CTRA 1 yesterday. Seconds before you left server you said "learn to drive" to me and left. I saved the replay after that and i would say we were guilty 50:50. You missed the line (went a little of track also) and rejoined in front of me. I braked and moved to the right as much as i could but still bumped you of track (this was in the last turn after chicane)

Im posting this because i just sad "sarry, my foult" and went ahead, i didnt wait. Maybe i should have but in that case i didnt... I can send you a reply if you want to "review" the situation...

I will try to be more "by the book" next time

...sorry about my english
This is going off topic but who cares.

@lucasdrifter: Try using the mouse for steering. Gives much more control than the kb.

@ru7: I was angry and snapped at you because you were the last person to hit me before I left. I shouldn't have but I did. If I recal correctly I lost the rear and barely managed to keep it from spinning. Then you nudged me slightly and off I went. Not much you could have done. Besides there were much worse drivers on at the time.
If my rant has made you drive more carefully then that's good.

No worries and see you at the track

PS. Nice skin.

Note to self: Do not drive when angry.
If I knowingly hit/shunt another driver I let them back in front of me as soon as safety permits and have done since the GPL days,It help me feel less of an ass for doing it in the first place, and as you see Many others act the same way.
Plus If can catch and pass the Driver I know I beat him/her fair and square.

Just wish this practice was more widespread in the LFS servers in general.
Quote from Krammeh :If I cause an accident, I pull over too .

I also pull over when its blue flag . I just suck at racing

TC beats LTC in ranks
not that I am any good at racing. but I try.
Yea this is very common. I myself took someone out, so.... I followed behind him, got lapped with him, repaired with him, then we had our own little race.
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :TC beats LTC in ranks
not that I am any good at racing. but I try.

ern.... TC beats LTC by ranks ?, what the heck has that got to do with Race 1 ?. .

When you crash or take someone off wait for them apologize and try to get on with your race. Overtake them again when its safe and you feel safe agin to overtake. Thats the only way to do it properly.

I spent some time on Race 1. Like my team m8 said its a meat market there. Dont worry lads as soon as you leave Race 1 you`ll see more quality racing. Gotta warn you all do, the guys that drive there are fast and not willing to give up a place that easy.
Quote from niels1 : ern.... TC beats LTC by ranks ?, what the heck has that got to do with Race 1 ?. .

nothing. I just thought I'd throw that in

/OT The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters.
Zachary, did you try and enter "My penis" as a message again?...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG