The online racing simulator
FZR Engine Power Specs off?
(31 posts, started )
I'd rather see an H16, or even a delta engine. Why? Just for the hell of it
We already have the H16 BRM in GPL, just need a 1948 mod
#28 - axus
Most race engines either produce their huge power through high revs or high torque (since power = revs*torque (multiplied by some constant)). Short stroke engines tend to produce less torque because of the shortened radius of the thing which connects the piston to the crankshaft (not sure what its called). They also tend to rev higher because of their shorter stroke. The FZR seems to have both high RPM and high torque and this makes it a bit quicker than it should be IMO.
Does anyone have, or know where to find some specs for the best JP GT500 cars?
/
Here's what I found:

350Z
[COLOR="Gray"]Engine Model VQ30DETT[/COLOR]
Configration V6 Twin Turbo Charger
Displacement 2997cc
[color=grey]Air Restrictor 29.6 mm x 2[/color]
Maximum Power 500 ps / 5600 rpm
Maximum Torque 72 kg-m / 4000 rpm

or roughly 493hp / 520 lb/ft

Supra
[COLOR="Gray"]3UZ-FE[/COLOR]
Configration V8 DOHC 32 valves
Displacement 4,480 cc
[color=grey]Air Restrictor 29.6 mm x 2[/color]
Maximum Power 480 ps over / 7,600 rpm
Maximum Torque 52 kg-m over / 5,600 rpm

or roughly 473hp / 376lb/ft

McLaren
[COLOR="Gray"]Engine Model S70/2 GT[/COLOR]
Configration V12
Displacement 5990 cc
[color=grey]Bore & Stroke 86.00 mm x 85.94 mm
Air Restrictor 33.9 mm x 2[/color]
Maximum Power 600 ps / 7000 rpm

or roughly 590hp / no tq given

F550M
[COLOR="Gray"]Engine Model F133[/COLOR]
Configration V12
Displacement 5853 cc
[color=grey]Bore & Stroke - mm x - mm
Air Restrictor 32.1 mm x 2[/color]
Maximum Power 600 ps / 7000 rpm

No tq for this one either

No ratings for the NSX or Lambo.

I don't think it matters whether the FZR is modeled after a real car, all I think matters is that it doesn't brake the laws of physics...
I think it's better to improve the XRR and FXR, than handicap the FZR. I agree a quicker effective boost for the FXR, without totally changing its character, is the best way I can think of.
I'd give the XRR slightly wider rear tires, but I don't know everything that'd imply.
I agree completely with Breizh, the fxr engine needs to be brought upto the level of the fzr in terms of drivability. A sequential turbo would completely solve it's problems.I also agree with Breizh the xxr would benefit from wider rear tyres, with it's fr layout it would be interesting also to look at the sequential turbo arrangement but it might give too much torque at low speeds for it to be manageable with the front engine rear wheel drive layout.
I don't know the physics of it, but I imagine the problem with wider rears would be too much grip back there while trying to steer into the turns.
I don't know if most average (and better) XRR drivers would prefer that: as it is, it's understeer and oversteer at will, which is great for midcorner corrections.. then again it might benefit more exit grip than entry understeer.

FZR Engine Power Specs off?
(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG