The online racing simulator
Problem with Multiplayer
(4 posts, started )
Problem with Multiplayer
Hi everyone,

Whenever i go into multiplayer the list of servers comes up as normal then when i try to join one it says "could not get track info". I have just started using this computer for lfs and i never had a problem on my old one. Could it be something to do with Vista?? Anybody had this before?

Thanks
I sometimes get that when I load up LFS for the first time. It loads all the track textures and what-not when joining a multiplayer host and then I get "could not get track info".

It's like when my computer loads all the textures for the first time it lags and doesn't connect properly. If I try the same server again it lets me in. I notice I don't get this issue IF I load the track config with same weather in single player before trying the multiplayer server.

ALSO: sometimes I get that error when I'm connecting to a host with a large-ish ping. >200mS

Check your internet connection is stable and try reconnecting to the same server after getting that error and see if it lets you in second try.

Sorry if this is of no help.

edit: I noticed else-where you have re-installed LFS and solved it. Well done. Sorry I bumped this.
I get that problem on the same LFS install I just carry copy it from one PC to the other. Maybe I should re-install. But it doesn't happen all the time. (It seems to be an internet lag issue to me)
Cya.
Sorry for not posting here to say i fixed it. That would of saved you some time. I think that it might be a computer problem more than internet because on a different computer there were never any problems. I just got that track info thing again there and i tried the same sever straight away and you were right it works thanks.

Do you think it could be something to do with FBS? Mine seems really low now.

Thanks and sorry for all the questions
By "FBS" I'll assume you mean FPS.

I notice I get worse FPS when playing on a laggy server, (well a server with a big ping) Same servers that give me "could not load track info" first try can cause this for me. Even a small number of players on servers with bad latency tends to gives me stuttery FPS.
Although it's not the server's fault.... My ISP isn't the greatest RE: traffic congestion. So when I say laggy server, I mean I have a bad connection to it.

Also if you just re-installed LFS, all your LFS graphics settings will have returned to default: Resolution, LOD, Detail settings, texture compression, Multiplayer speedup options etc etc.

Maybe you had something set before to optimise your FPS and now it is not activated in the new install, if you know what I mean.
If your AA and AF are set too high in Graphics card setup then LFS might run slow as well.

Problem with Multiplayer
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG