The online racing simulator
#1 - Cawwa
Sugestions for Race 3
This rolling start was a disaster imo. We cannot do this without an admin who is not racing taking care of this.
This start procedure should be banned for life!!
Thats just a huge mess. The only thing which could work is that we do no double file and forget the GREEN command. When the first car enters the last corner it can go what ever speed it likes, like in real.

Not just 50 laps but also a qualification minimum time like 4 or max 5 sec. behind P1
I liked it!!
but since we got rid of this 'do not ever pass' track, I can cope with dropping it tho.

In front things weren't bad at all kinda, just a bit confusing when getting 'double file' instead of GREEN.
I guess it needs more experienced ppl, and ppl who actually knows what they are doing, aswell the admins , to get the rolling start working properly.

Butother than that, I really don't have anything to suggest tho, things seem to be running smooth enough as they are now.

EDIT: The chatting, during the race should be banned and a DT given for every line. You can say sorry after the race if you cannot do it by actions on server. Nothing more distrubing that having the odd message whils going on the most difficult parts of the track.
Quote from tomylee :Thats just a huge mess. The only thing which could work is that we do no double file and forget the GREEN command. When the first car enters the last corner it can go what ever speed it likes, like in real.

Not just 50 laps but also a qualification minimum time like 4 or max 5 sec. behind P1

107% behind leader of you're class maybe. Though considering that this is after all a game and not to be taken as if it's a paid job,maybe 110% or something.

For me personaly, a piece of hardware that will NOT stop working as I enter a corner.
#5 - Cawwa
@ limit of entrance:
I'm not sure I like this suggestion. The only thing we demand of our racers is that they are prepared for the track (the 50 lap rule). Newbies must have some space too. I know some of you guys don't like to have newbies around you since you have a very little patience with them.
I'll wait and see what you guys think about this. There might be other suggestions in this matter.
#6 - Cawwa
Quote from Jonesy_ :I liked it!!
but since we got rid of this 'do not ever pass' track, I can cope with dropping it tho.

In front things weren't bad at all kinda, just a bit confusing when getting 'double file' instead of GREEN.
I guess it needs more experienced ppl, and ppl who actually knows what they are doing, aswell the admins , to get the rolling start working properly.

Butother than that, I really don't have anything to suggest tho, things seem to be running smooth enough as they are now.

EDIT: The chatting, during the race should be banned and a DT given for every line. You can say sorry after the race if you cannot do it by actions on server. Nothing more distrubing that having the odd message whils going on the most difficult parts of the track.

Yes the handling of the GREEN GREEN command was confusing and to late. The whole procedure takes to much from a driving admin that's for sure. If we are going to continue with this it needs a non driving admin. We might be able to fix that, not for sure though. Count on standing starts from now on.

The chatting is stated in the rules as kept to a minimum. If we are going to forbid it totaly it also demands a supervisor of the game. We don't have that possibility so for now we just can't do it. We relay on our drivers here, swearing and using bad language is forbidden though. If such happens it would be penalized.
#7 - Cawwa
I have give the suggested rule changes a second thought. I must admit I was influated from MoE when I wanted to allow telepit and rejoin with lost connection. The penalty for that is an extra lap. Since we are running "only" for 1,5h there's no need for this imo. Better to let the rules stand as they are for that paragraph.

I have calmed down a bit since last race according to rolling start. If we can find a pace car driver we will make another try ...
But pls pls pls not the double thingy stuff. I'ts not real and it's not good.
Quote from Cawwa :I have give the suggested rule changes a second thought. I must admit I was influated from MoE when I wanted to allow telepit and rejoin with lost connection. The penalty for that is an extra lap. Since we are running "only" for 1,5h there's no need for this imo. Better to let the rules stand as they are for that paragraph.

I have calmed down a bit since last race according to rolling start. If we can find a pace car driver we will make another try ...

1.I guess it´s always the same never ending discussion about rejoining on a DC and telepitting as for some it´s a serious race sim and for some others it´s "just" a game. I like more the second oppinion on this matter and your rule will exclude some people with somehow weak internet connections from participating in your league.
Add. it´s very unfortunate to end on the roof last turn because of somebody others fault resulting in a DNF according to your ruleset. But we´ll exept it as we have to.

2. T1 is always dangerous. Rolling start makes it even more dangerous as you´re going to add another 80km/h on every car on track. Ppl. will prob. have done some practising before this event - some races as well - not "rolling start races" but "normal" races this means they are forced to do something they haven´t practiced.

3.But it´s fine for me as well to have this rolling start but shouldn´t there be some rolling start rules in your ruleset then?

4. You might wanna check my last IGTC league objections where its rolling start IMO divided the field into two parts.

5. Long post , sorry. Looking forward for the race to come.
For rolling start may be safer if the GT1 start listed separately from the GT2, from a considerable distance ahead of the GT2 and admin that will "GREEN GREEN GREEN" you would 2 times .. . 1 to GT1 and another for GT2

Sorry for my English again...
how do you sign up
how do you sign up and when are the event(s) taking place? is it going to be ran in classes like the gtr class, etc. sounds like a good idea
could a league admin plz change the track on the race server?
many thx

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG