The online racing simulator
I'm back!!
(10 posts, started )
I'm back!!
Shortly after getting S2 when it first came out, I gave LFS a rest and went on playing all my other sims. All of em are ISI based except for the awesome GPL and nr2003. Anyway, got tired of rFactor so i decided to give LFS another try. All I have to say is that I'm blown away!! Playing the other games, day after day for months made me realize something. The ISI sims don't have nothing on LFS. Man, the physics on LFS are so damn good that it gave me goosebumps when I fired it up last night. For the first time in a long while I actually felt connected to the road. I played it before but it took many months of fooling with ISI sims to make me realize that LFS is so top notch it's not even funny.

Also, I miss being able to race without constantly having to worry about tweaking plr files and crap. For what this game does, and for how damn good it looks, I'm blown away that I can run it at 1600x1200 with 8xAA and 16xAF and still get 80FPS. I'd get 8FPS in rfactor if i even thought about attempting this.

Anyway, I'm not saying that I'm going to uninstall everything else but i did want to share my enthusiasm regarding my rediscovery of LFS.

Later
#2 - axus
After many months of LFS (over 2 years on a wheel now - I spent about 4 months on keyboard) I have to agree and whenever I try something different it just doesn't feel the same. I feel my driving has really progressed since S2 launch. Very few sims out there have feedback that gets anywhere near LFS - once you understand it, nothing else will do. I could never drive the Raceabout when S2 initially came out - now its one of my favourite cars.
I am sort of taking a break from S2 at the moment... it really doesn't have me racing as much as I used to in S1. I never move onto a different sim, haven't for over 2 years, and LFS' ability to have new things is what keeps me here. I'am just going to be waiting for some proper/needed updates as usual and see what happens from there. Even though it takes ages for something to come out, I follow along the progress every step of the way. Because I've found myself wanting things fixed in this current version, rather than racing online. And... I've been offline mostly just doing projects and graphics things for some people around here

Anyways, welcome back
said Arnie!!!!!

Welcome back. Nice to see racers who are still loyal to lfs lol..

i myself wish i had more time to play, damn uni work.. who needs uni anyway!!

mad
#5 - Lible
I think that Scawen can boost lfs up so, we can get 5x times more fps

Welcome back!
#6 - ajp71
Never liked any ISI 'sim' ever, they just don't feel right, all like flashy versions of SCGT.

Quote from Clownpaint :
GPL does this too if you look at how the suspension is behaving but because of the graphics and what feels like semi-linear contol of the car, it falls behind. As it should though, as technology progresses so should games otherwise it's not evolution.

LFS is very very good but I'd of said GPL feels more realistic IMO, so does N2003. LFS is close behind but there are some major flaws that I just find it hard to get round, the lack of structural rigidity, it may not even be simulated in the Papy engine, but they never had the idea of a soft top racing Mini to highlight this :doh: I'm also not keen on the amount of kerbs that you have to take to be fast, IRL they demolish cars and you'd never ever drive a single seater on the matting run off at BL on purpose.
LFS on vacation
im too giving LFS a gooood brake..im just waiting for some physics update..

at the meantime i'm stickin to GTL my favourite sim for the moment and beleive me it has nothin to do with that Rfactor crap even if it's an ISI engine, furthermore, u can feel the suspension very well with an awsome force feedback too...

see ya LFSians in a couple of month (i'd bet for 5 or 6 months )since it doesnt seem there'll be an update upcoming soon.. just take your time you devs

ok , my stang shelby GT350 is waiting for me , i gotta go

see ya'll !!
The comments in this thread are funny that it comes up now because I'm not leaving LFS, but am also taking a little break. I loaded up NR2003 again and am messing around with it offline. I have the 05 Nextel update from either superspeedway.net or masgrafx.com and my buddy tells me it gives a big rework of the AI as well. I have to test it out at Daytona as he tells me the AI will now run 2-3 wide around the track just as in RL at Daytona. Before, the AI was OK stock, much better than LFS as they had like 8 years to work on it. I'm not interested at all with GTR, rFactor, or any of the newer sims out lately. If I want that kind of racing, I'll just jump on LFS. But I can compare LFS and NR2003.

With NR2003 there is something missing that is in LFS. I can't put my finger on it, they are both excellent. When I play either one, I am totally immersed in feeling like I'm actually driving when on the track. I think it is when I mess up and loose it off the track is what is missing in NR2003. If I lose it, slide through the grass, and tag a wall in LFS, I feel it. Not physically, but I think you feel it psycologically because of the way you get such good feedback from the sounds, graphics, and wheel FF that gives you such immersion, that when you hit a wall, it's like you really feel the wall. I don't get that when hitting the wall or going on an off track excursion in NR2003. For NR2003 I have JJ's spotter sound pack which replaces annoying Darrel Waltrip with Jimmi Johnson's spotter and crew chief. And I have Methyl Ethyl's latest soundpack which greatly improved all of the sounds of NR2003. The sounds and forcefeedback of NR2003 are derived differently than LFS, but both of them are top notch and I say are equal (LFS vs NR2003). I haven't tried any other sim that gives me the immersion that NR2003 and LFS gives me. The only problem I have is the online factor. With NR2003, I think you need to have way too many laps for a good race and I don't have the time for that online. Offline, I can pause or save the race and come back to it the following day. That is how I did it running eight 36 race seasons of full lap lengths of 400-500 mile races. But it is far too easy to just open LFS, click 2 buttons and I'm on a server with real people. So I think I will not be leaving LFS, but jumping back and forth between the two as I am 3/4ths of the way through my 9th season on Nascar and haven't touched it for almost a year now since I found S1 demo. For a year now, my buddy's been after me, "when are you loading NR2k3 back on? When are you going to try the updates?" So far, until 2 days ago, I've thought of loading it back up, only to do my 2 clicks and jump on an LFS server.

One last thing that pertains to the other thread on the Nurburgring track for LFS. I have it for NR2003. It is absolutely excellent! 22 miles or something and it wouldn't be a good track to race on. An hour running would only net you like 5 laps and that's doing like 200+ mph down the very long straight before the start/finish. A track like that would be cool in LFS for running around with LFS's physics and stuff, but not something I want to attempt to race on in the slow cars. Imagine the UF1 on a 22 mile long track, LOL.

Long live both NR2003 AND LFS!!!
I wish more ISI/SimBin fans would get this same feeling that joeynuggetz got. Instead of playing the demo for a short time perioid and then bashing it for "crappy sounds" and stuff like that. It's funny that usually they forgot to mention the driving feel and other aspects that matters more than just sounds and real licensed cars (not that sound department wouldn't be important too).
welcomeeeeeee....back

I'm back!!
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG