The online racing simulator
Closet arcade racers here at LFS?
(56 posts, started )
I'm looking forward to PRO STREETS, that's all I can say....

Damn.... I posted on the wrong POST.... Sorry PEEPS
Quote from JeffR :The ricers only lasted for two of the games, NFS7 - Underground 1, and NFS8 - Underground 2. NSF9 - Most Wanted went back to supercars, the Porsche Carerra GT is the fastest car in NFS9. NFS10 - Carbon was a bit strange, an imanginary racing version of the Audi R8, called the Audi Quattro Lemans (looks like the new R8) and a very souped up Corvette Z06 are the two fastest cars (depends on the track for which one is faster). Carbon gave the Viper and Ford GT unrealistically bad handing. NFS11 - ProStreet's cars seem to more closely follow their real world counterparts in terms of performance for circuit ("grip") mode races, the Zonda is the fastest car in the game. There's a disconnect in drag racing though, since the upgrade process results in the Supra being the fastest drag car on a PC (under 6.7 seconds in the 1/4 mile).

Apparently you missed out on the online racing with NFS games, especially the older ones like High Stakes and Porsch Unleashed. Anytime you're competing against other humans, it's a challenge.

I've always found the NFS cars quite drivable in NFS7 and 8, provided you DON"T upgrade them. They look very pretty, too, provided you DON'T put body kits on. To summarize, I enjoy them in exactly the opposite way they are designed to be enjoyed...

Most Wanted and Carbon don't drive good no matter what you do, as they seem to have pivot point physics. What a waste of good models (like any CMR :shrug.
CMR 1 and 2 are pretty good, nowhere near RBR tho.
When playing some of the NFS games, I never realize how weird steering response is until I go back to a game I haven't played in while. Some of the games take longer to re-acclimate to. Underground 2 is one of these.

If anyone is interested, I have quite a few videos of racing game, from GPL to the NFS series (even the budget racers like Ford Racing 2) at:

racing game videos.htm

Undergound 1 career mode done in 11 minutes (ok so it's really just a highlight video, with one easter egg clip at the end):

n7movie6.wmv

Then again, I also made an alternate intro movie for Underground 1 that reflects my opinion of the Fast and Furious type NFS games:

n7intro.wmv
Quote from yoyoML :Porsche Unleashed is still the best NFS, no doubt. I fired it up yesterday and gosh running through Auvergne is a great experience.

Hey I do still have that game but bad news is that, the disc is spoiled with lots of deep scratches!!!

Still remember when 2 years ago I was playing NFS Porsche 2000 like mad. Very nice indeed. After this comes the NFS HP2 which when I was younger and donm't know about physics engine, thinks it's pretty good and plus the UGD and UGD2. Well, after I played LFS, now I understand the physics in NFS is crap! I not gonna touch any of the NFS except for the NFS:Porsche 2000 if it miraculously works again, which I think it won't because it had many deep scratches...
I tried the NFS ProStreet demo yesterday, barely runs on my comp. And the steering with the DFP was awful. Uninstalled it because I got sick of it.

Closet arcade racers here at LFS?
(56 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG