The online racing simulator
Newbie needs drifting tips
(12 posts, started )
#1 - Waz
First i want to tell that i palyed for just few days, but i'm interested in drifting. Could you tell different drifting ways and tips? I can drift a little but i'm pretty slow. I can get you a video if you want to see.
here we go, as a demo drifter i use feint, thats when u counter slide before the turn and then slide into it biig, and if i dont do it the right time use power over or a handbrake, my favorite is feind , but just learn how to enter the turn first, thats the most inportant, the second thing is that u have to get the car back out straight, so you dont spin out or stop, and if u do that then u got just do the practise, im still practising and im drifting for 3 yearz, still aint the best
Gl, with that, got banned of some servers when i was learning nw they respect me xD well, again gl and dont give up!
HighRoad
Eeesh Highroad you drift to fast for your own good...anyways, I tend to use feint aswell but i dont recomend it to a learner try a few clutch kicks handbrakes and overpowers before you try other things the key to drifting is your line you dont just sling yourself round the corner and hope for the best you need to keep to a line (watch other good drifters for this not people who just fly into a corner etc) the main problems i see in beginer drifters is overturn and off the line,

When you enter a corner make sure you use whichever tactic you prefer for drifting then countersteer so you dont spin out i see this alot but try not to countersteer to much so you dont manage to spin out the other way, try to take your corners in gear 3 usualy, get yourself a decent set and try some of this out
#4 - Waz
Keiichi Tsuchiya's (sp) Drift Bible is a wonderful piece of education material when it comes to drifting, in LFS or in real life.

EDIT: After watching your clip, I think it may not be a bad idea to actually try to drive "normally" first, so that you come more familiar with the driving lines and limits of the car. After that (or if you already are at that point), just lower the speed a little bit and start with small slides, and eventually you will 'automatically' learn. At least that's how I'd do it.
Quote from Waz :Thanks for tips guys!
I made a little video from my drift practicing. Look it and say what i'm doing wrong.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w84dc92XkJs

I'm not a drifter, but if you posted a replay then your driving could be analysed better by the experts in here
Quote from Waz :Thanks for tips guys!
I made a little video from my drift practicing. Look it and say what i'm doing wrong.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w84dc92XkJs

I have no idea about drifting, but I do believe that if you used more of the track, your lap times would be faster. You're not using its full width. But since I'm clueless about drifting, I might be wrong. There are plenty of experts here that will be able to help you, though.
It seems that u know how to drift ok... but ur set isn't right...

When u drift it seems like ur front tires are pulling the car back and ur rear tires are too soft.

Go to inferno and download their drift sets... I use the set called "Drift_tommy" somthing. Those sets are really really slippery and loose, u need good throttle control tho, otherwise u spin easily.
#9 - Waz
Quote from Matt0snap :It seems that u know how to drift ok... but ur set isn't right...

When u drift it seems like ur front tires are pulling the car back and ur rear tires are too soft.

Go to inferno and download their drift sets... I use the set called "Drift_tommy" somthing. Those sets are really really slippery and loose, u need good throttle control tho, otherwise u spin easily.

I'll try that set and say if it's better or not. When i tried with LX6 without custom set i managed to drift much better. So i think the problem is the set as you said.
Meh, the drifting was okay for a starter but then, I think you're afraid to go full throttle at the first corner. I think you should go first to an open space and play with your car to learn how it really handles.

Cheers~
hotwater
why use one certain slide style around a track when you can combine them and make it look interesting

(TT'Blade #666 has a Spinning Entry!)
#12 - ___
Quote from frokki :Keiichi Tsuchiya's (sp) Drift Bible is a wonderful piece of education material when it comes to drifting, in LFS or in real life.

EDIT: After watching your clip, I think it may not be a bad idea to actually try to drive "normally" first, so that you come more familiar with the driving lines and limits of the car. After that (or if you already are at that point), just lower the speed a little bit and start with small slides, and eventually you will 'automatically' learn. At least that's how I'd do it.

Thats the wrong drift bible in this forums.... XD This is the one i thought you were going to be showing ... Drift Bible The LFS drift bible. lol no offence or anything if any.

(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG