The online racing simulator
Supercars
(67 posts, started )
#1 - _rod_
Supercars
Well, i was just watching a episode of Top Gear where they run a comparison between modern supercars and older supercars. And after seeing that episode i just couldnt believe that Jeremy choose te F40 as the best supercar.... So i wonder what you think is the best supercar ever made and why.

For my self i go with the McLaren F1, i still think its the most beatifull supercar, its has the power, the noise from it its unbeliveble beautifull,its one of the fastest cars ever made, loosing to the Veyron, but i wont even comment on that. It got the best driving position IMO

Now whats you favorite supercar?
Hmmm.....

I guess it all comes down to your definition of the word supercar. For me the Maserati Sebring is a super-car. It ain't quick by todays standards it ain't clever and it ain't the most reliable motor ever made, but by god it's got to be one of the most beautiful things on 4 wheels ever. I'd also put the AC Cobra very very closely behind the Mazzer in my all time favourite car list. To my mind they are both super-cars, so maybe the F40 and Mclaren F1 should be called Hypercars (although it does sound a bit naff)

But, to answer the question bluntly, i'd have to say there's only one car worthy of the title, and that has to be the Bugatti Veyron, easy...

p.s don't suppose you'd do us all a favour and change your avatar, that thing's hideous dude, gives me the creeps.
#3 - _rod_
I see your point, i´ll change to what your dream car would be, and why. Is that better? Because i dont someone saying, "ohh i would with a ford focus, its quite pretty, cheap and economic"

About the avatar, i took it off, its been there to damn long anyways...
#4 - J@tko
My favourite 'supercar' (to own) is the Lotus Exige 240R.

243BHP
0-60: 3.9 secs
0-100: 9.9 secs
25 mpg

Perfect, as I'm not that tall!

My favourite supercar of all is the Caterham CSR

260bhp
0-60: 3.1 secs
0-100: 8.9 secs
23 mpg
Braking: Will brake from 70 mph in 2/3 of the time it takes a 911 to brake from 60mph.
For me it would have to be the Lamborghini Miura, since the early 80's when I saw one up close and personal and had a long chat to the lucky mechanic that had just drove it accross the nullabough sitting on 160mph most of the way for it's new owner, the new owner had a factory full of cars next door to were I worked at the time. There are better cars sure but that's the one that grabed me most. They look much better irl than in photo or on camera also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... 47xbk&feature=related
Quote from _rod_ :And after seeing that episode i just couldnt believe that Jeremy choose te F40 as the best supercar....

wise choice in my opinion
hate ferraris though
#7 - TiJay
The best supercar is a McLaren F1 (based on mechanical genius) or a Lambo Reventon (purely on cool factor).

My dream car? Ariel Atom all the way!
#9 - bbman
Falcons and Commodores are the only supercars that matter...
favourite supercar of all times is the F40 for me. V8, twinturbo
Incredible sound

I also like the Tommy Kaira ZZII, Elise-style chassis, RB26DETT Z2 and AWD from the R34
The Viper SRT/10 is technically a supercar. It still isn't a patch on the coolness of the original '94 RT/10 though.

I guess if I cant have my Viper, the Jag XJ220 is my favourite supercar. I've loved that car since the first time I saw it.
McLaren F1 GTR is a dull choice but what you gonna do when it is just so beautiful and perfect
Quote from Dajmin :The Viper SRT/10 is technically a supercar.

and it's not anywhere near the supercar performance
that's like being 25 years old and still being in high school...

pity, the RT/10 was a beaut.
Quote from squidhead :and it's not anywhere near the supercar performance
that's like being 25 years old and still being in high school...

pity, the RT/10 was a beaut.

http://www.caranddriver.com/au ... 08-dodge-viper-srt10.html

Not supercar performance?

Performance (2008 base model):
0-60: 3.5 sec.
0-100: 7.6 sec.
quarter mile: 11.6 sec @ 128 mph
top speed: 202 mph
slalom: 70+ mph
skidpad average g: 1.06 g
100-0: 270 ft

If thats not supercar performance I am on crack =) true Dodge classes these cars more towards a musclecar. But in reality it still has a wicked suspension. Dodge left FIA GT1 in ?2001? and they are still ranked number 1 for all time wins and championships. They would still be in it today if it were not for political reasons. (IE the leagues wanted too much money from the car manufacturers to let the car run type stuff, so Dodge has pulled factory funding for virtually every type of racing with the exception of NASCAR which is just a running commercial anyways)

I know nobody really mentioned it but I wanted to squash the idea that Dodge's cannot be a supercar because they cannot turn. It's more like the drivers driving these cars cannot cope with the massive amounts of torque these engines produce.

For me my favorite supercar is the 2008 Dodge SRT-10 ACR, big brother to my little ACR =)

http://jalopnik.com/cars/la-au ... iper-srt10-acr-320554.php

For a practicle performance car I chose the fastest FWD to ever hit the market. 30 MPG 0-60 in 5.3 and slalom above 70mph and skidpad nearing .96 all for 12,000GBP shipped new =)

http://www.automobilemag.com/r ... dodge_srt4_acr/index.html

I don't know why he chose the F40, but hey. Maybe he chose it to get a reaction from people =)

Another nice car is the Ultima GTR =)
Quote from Viper93 :If thats not supercar performance I am on crack =)

basically it is a Porsche 911 carrera performance, but with more HP and faster in a straight line...
a sort of... a faster then a carrera car...

can you consider a 911 carrera a supercar? NO, it's definetly a sportscar, and being only faster in a straight line, and not that much faster doesn't make Viper super...
it's fast, but not supercar fast....top of the sportscars - yes, sure, i'd go with that...
I would have to pick the Mclaren, i fell in love with it the first time i saw a picture.
Being a supercar or not cannot be quantified. It's part of the personality too.
The supercar of my choice would be the Ferrari 599GTB Fiorano. I've seen it on the track - fearsome.
Quote from Bob Smith :Being a supercar or not cannot be quantified. It's part of the personality too.

I trust you completely on this matter, so please answer me (and not only me)
is a Viper a Supercar? and why?
I don't think it is a supercar. Too 'brute force and ignorant' in my opinion. It's a quick car. It's a muscle car. And they're great for towing with. But a 'supercar' they be not.
If i really had to choose, i would go with Pagani Zonda F.. it just leaves me speachless when i see it (and hear it!)...
After seeing the Clarksons supercar showdown and knowing more about the Veyron, i would say it is the best car curently in production, it's just brutal in everything, but i don't like the looks that much..

Supercars
(67 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG