The online racing simulator
Vote to Restart
Is it possible for someone to write some code that would stop the use of the 'vote to restart' and only let it be used by admin on the server. I think its very unfair that half way through a race which does not have many cars in it, it only takes a few to force a restart, usually done when they are being beaten by someone better. I think it would be fairer if you could 'request a restart' and then let who is running the server decide. It would be nice if this could be an option so the original format could be keeped. Regards, Keith, (Wild Rose Racing).
Does LFS not have a feature built into the dedi to stop this? I'm 99% sure I remember the introduction of such a thing to stop restarts during the race... Could be wrong though
Would you want it to spec that person, what about send them a message letting them know, and spec, or maybe just cancel the Vote quietly ? also Demo or S2 out of intrest ?
There are 2 commands built into recent LFS servers:
// no restart within X seconds of race start
/rstmin=60

// no restart within X seconds of race finish
/rstend=30

Whilst these don't do exactly what you want, they will prevent people restarting the race inappropriately, if you get it setup right.
Quote from the_angry_angel :There are 2 commands built into recent LFS servers:
// no restart within X seconds of race start
/rstmin=60

// no restart within X seconds of race finish
/rstend=30

Whilst these don't do exactly what you want, they will prevent people restarting the race inappropriately, if you get it setup right.

For both the limit is 300 seconds.

I agree it's quite annoying when a race is restarted in lap 9 of 10 and admins can't be about 24/7, hence my suggestion:
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=588311#post588311
Much easier

// You can instruct LFS host to cancel a vote using an IS_TINY
// ReqI : 0
// SubT : TINY_VTC (VoTe Cancel)

Indeed the vote cancel command does work although it isn't perfect. I've been meaning to write a little utility for this for a while so I quickly whipped one up hope it works.

Details here: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=33790
Hehe Thanks

Only run a very quick local test so hope it works ok (don't see why it wouldn't)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG