The online racing simulator
LFS Cars and History
(19 posts, started )
#1 - Timz
LFS Cars and History
Just a quick one. I had time left and decided to set áll the cars and history of LFS as a car manufactor (in my fantasy LOL) on a row, listed by time. Watch out, as I said, it's completely based on my own fantasy, but hey, I don't care, I think this is nice for you guys to see.

Have fun with it, constructive C & C welcome!

Timz
Attached files
LFS Cars and History.doc - 366.5 KB - 502 views
Quote :1987: First LX8 Prototype with Chevrolet V8

I suggest a Rover V8, instead of a Chevrolet engine. Also, the line below the one I just quoted has the word expansive in it. You should correct this to expensive

The rest is quite ok
Hmm interesting there.

And yeah, clarkson doesn't appreciate a true car when he sees one. Porsches ftw!
Looking at the car designs, most of the cars should have been made at least 10 years earlier than you suggest

Also, it is quite interesting that a car maker starts making LX4 alike cars and then moves to making cars like XFG, FZ50, god heavens . It makes no sense, sorry .

Good job as a whole but it would be better if you would think of most models made by different makes and write some history about those cars. Having more than one car maker and building some history would make it insteresting to read but timelines are not really interesting. And who cares about those prototypes when we can't drive them
You'll care when an avid enthusiast restores said prototype and takes it to a track day...
#6 - Timz
@hrtburnout: ow yes, I forgot that, a Rover V8 would make more sense in a typical English Roadster LOL I was more thinking about the raw, powerfull Chevy V8 (like in a DAX Cobra) rahter then the slow Rover V8...

@agm_ultimatex: YEAH PORSCHE RULEZ

@Hyperactive: Well, I was thinking, that a little car maker (Like, for example, the Dutch car makers Donkervoort and Spyker) should start with a rather simple car (LX4), making money on it, and then boulding it up slowly (XFG, XRG / XRT, UF1000, FXO, and then the expensive ones like the RAC and the FZ50). But that's just my opinion...

Ow, btw, the marketing of Spyker isn't a very good example. They nearly made 30 cars a year, but nevertheless they went in the F1...and it became 1 big failure...OOPS And now Spyker Cars NV is bankrupt!!!
Isn't the LX8 engine the FO8 one? Surely it would be a Judd V8 then ...

The rest of it is a great read though
ummm? wtheck?
Pretty cool, and creative stuff dude! Can I buy some pot from you?
~Bryan~
Quote from hrtburnout :I suggest a Rover V8, instead of a Chevrolet engine.

Good call. There is a tradition of stupid morons here in the UK transplanting Rover V8s into unlikely recipients - sounds like you know that already though.
Damnit.

Did you HAVE to discontinue the RB4?

Haha jk. Now I can say I drive a 2002 RB4
1984: First LX4 Prototypes bases on Caterham S7
people forget (or don't know) that cars like the caterham,donkervoort and westfield are all based on the lotus 7 !
so souldn't the lx range be based on the lotus?
#13 - Timz
@duke_toaster: well, what you're saying isn't really wrong, 'cause if the LX8 was later developed (let's say, 2004 for example) then it would definately had the Judd V8 from the FO8 (how are you so sure it's a Judd V8? LOL I thought it would had it's own, house-made LFS V8). But, as you can see in the file, it's saying: 1987 First Prototype of the LX8..., so there wasn't a Judd V8 yet!

@dropin_biking: Thnx m8!!!

@thisnameistaken: yes, in the Netherlands there was a lot about Rover, their V8's (also in the latest Rover 75 V8 / MG ZT 260 V8
) and finally, the bankrupt, in the car magazines (like Autovisie). So I can say that I know a bit what's going on there in England! Well, atm you have only Ariel, Morgan, Caterham, Westfield, Lotus and some pieces of TVR left, huh?

@Mithras: yes, srry m8, I had to discontinue the RB4, as the model itself was based on the also (slightly) outdated XRT. But don't be sad, 'cause there are a lot of RB4's on the second-hand market...LOL

@swingkid: well, the first LX4 prototypes were based on Caterham's S7, but, as you're saying, in the end they are all based on the Lotus 7 (Donkervoort, Caterham, Westfield, LFS LX4 = all Lotus 7 remakes).
Quote from Timz :Well, atm you have only Ariel, Morgan, Caterham, Westfield, Lotus and some pieces of TVR left, huh?

I thought Ariel was Swiss. I'm not certain though
Quote from swingkid :1984: First LX4 Prototypes bases on Caterham S7
people forget (or don't know) that cars like the caterham,donkervoort and westfield are all based on the lotus 7 !
so souldn't the lx range be based on the lotus?

initially the caterham was the lotus 7

caterham were a seven dealer who bought the intelectual rights, jigs moulds etc of lotus when chapman decided to go up market
Ariel are British and still British owned, IIRC Proton owns Lotus. TVR is now owned by the Russians.

And the engine in F3000 cars (what the FO8 is almost a photocopy of) after 1996 was a Judd 3 litre V8 that had a Zytek badge sellotaped on. I believe that that engine is the basis for a 3.3 litre sportscar unit.
#17 - Gunn
Proton own the controlling share and Bugatti & GM own the rest. (AFAIK)
#18 - Timz
Quote from Gunn :Proton own the controlling share and Bugatti & GM own the rest. (AFAIK)

Sure? I thought it was only Proton...
Maybe you can look for it on Wikipedia or something.

Timz
proton owns about 80% of lotus, Im sure bugatti still own a stake (elise name comes from bugatti boss grand daughter) the rumour mill is that they might be selling it too.

LFS Cars and History
(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG