The online racing simulator
Bigger dirt type tracks.. LFS dirt physics seem to be pretty good and very fun.. A bigger dirt track would be cool.
Grass-roots racing cars.

Sidecars

4 door saloon cars of varying performance levels and drive type.

A games arcade in South city with games like Sega rally, Ridge Racer and Daytona USA in it.

Hillclimbing.

A greyhound track near to the games arcade.
Shopping Trolley Racing

And the downhill gravity powered stuff driven by 6 year olds (I forget the name of this sport).
#30 - mr_x
banger racing (real banger racing cars/tracks aswell)

FWD 4 door saloons like BTCC and WTCC

V8 super cars

and didnt top gear start off van racing?? lol i just remember them doing some really strange stuff with vans and caravans (eg caravan conkers) maybe attach caravans to the FXR and try breaking the caravan speed record on the drag strip, that is if your caravan doesnt disintegrate first
24h lawnmower racing
Quote from Misko :24h lawnmower racing

And one bonus point for every tonne of grass you cut.
-
(Kencan) DELETED by Kencan : double post
Originally Posted by tristancliffe
" And the downhill gravity powered stuff driven by 6 year olds (I forget the name of this sport)."

I think you are referring to soap box derby racing.
http://www.kidzworld.com/site/p592.htm

Oh yeah, forklift racing!
well if we're goin crazy...:P

I'd like an offical car like we've all done with LFS tweak, awd, slick tires, like 800hp tons of downforce all that crazy stuff

*in a mini of course
#36 - Woz
Quote from hrtburnout :http://www.carsurvey.org/images/ford_transit_1.jpg
White van racing. This can be really funny to race against the UF1.
It's unique in a racing sim as far as i know.

Race against the UF1, F08 more like. Everyone knows that the white van is the fastest thing on the road. You can be on the motorway at any speed in the UK and one of these will still be on your bumper flashing you to get out the way
Although it may seem like a bit of a silly, power crazed idea, I would love to see some Monster Trucks simulated. I personally love the rather over-the-top-ness of them, and if nothing else, it would be a great way to test and expand on the extreme end of the game engine's physics.

I'm very much looking forward to the rally expansion, and also like the idea of the off-road trucks in an earlier post.

Hmm.. I see a theme emerging!

I guess I'm looking for a bit of variety - I remember back when the very first demo came out, that one of the mission statements included comments about plans to include all different types of vehicles.. buggies, karts, 6 wheelers etc (unless my memory is lying to me heh). So far though, there hasn't really been much of that at all, and fair play for catering to the proportional target audience and all, but I would love to see something rather more experimental than what we have so far.
Rally, rallycross bothers me. A nice rally suv like those tourags and mitsubishis would be nice.

Stadiums trucks would also be could, there could be a configurable stadium with preset layouts of you could make your own.
Hillclimbing.
The LX8 & its GTR version.
Yep, for me the best we can have is rally and off road racing (thinking of 4x4 evo & flatout).
SUV and truck racing is so rare that it could brought some new racers to LFS if introduced .
Quote from Stargazer :Although it may seem like a bit of a silly, power crazed idea, I would love to see some Monster Trucks simulated. I personally love the rather over-the-top-ness of them, and if nothing else, it would be a great way to test and expand on the extreme end of the game engine's physics.

Bigfoot!

I want bigfoot in LFS!!one111

Aswell as bus racing, i can't be the only one who wants to race busses?

We could even have a little mini game, go under 50mph and a suicide bomber will blow your bus up! Last person still going win's. (Joke people, joke.)
Soapbox derby* :P, Late-Model**, Demolition Derby***, Sprint-car****

* ** ***Who actually needs an example? ****
I would actually like to see truck-racing in LFS, it would definately be lots of fun!
Sportsprototypes for me. Any kind, really, but preferably Group C or early to mid 70s style.
Quote from wheel4hummer :Soapbox derby

OK whoever designed that white one went to lengths to make that vehicle uber-unaerodynamic. Skillz.
Rally.

Dune buggies (as said by scawen in pre S1 maybe pre 0.2 )
Pike's Peak hill climb.. Just watched coverage on SPEED Channel.. That would be cool.
late 80's BTCC cars... hmmmmm
hi. I would like to see drag racing versions of the current LFS cars...
well I dunno about the formulas and the MRT, but the other ones
would be cool as pro-stock and funny car versions.
soapbox derby? i used to do a fair amount of racing with gravity before i could afford to pay for fuel!

big hill + box + wheels + string steering = silly,silly speeds and a very high chance of injury

seriously tho'

Hillclimbs + sprints are a VERY underrated part of motorsport and are very worthy of inclusion into LFS

a section of open road would be nice too, just plain ordinary country road for rally and sprint purposes (nice to just cruise aswell)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG