The online racing simulator
LFS unlocks all used - need help w/computer deleting info
Ok well my computer has been blue screening alot, and when it does when playing LFS, i have to unlock the game again for some reason

well ive used up my unlocks in 4 days now and i dont know what to do..

please let me know if there is something i can do to fix this

I also lost an unlock because i am dual booting OS's and i had to unlock on both operating systems
You just have to wait
If I remember right you get a new unlock every week, or you get 3 more in the end of the month.
thats nice.
Rofl :rolleyes:
Quote from The Very End :You just have to wait
If I remember right you get a new unlock every week, or you get 3 more in the end of the month.

No you don't. You can't have more than two spare keys (unless you just bought the game and haven't unlocked for the first time yet, that is).

Quote from http://www.lfs.net/?page=agreement :3.3 We recognise that people may buy a new computer or reinstall their operating system from time to time. For this reason, we will automatically give you an extra spare unlock once a week (every friday morning), up to a maximum of having 2 spare unlocks available. The number of unlocks you have left can be found on your status page.

Quote from hsshoura :Ok well my computer has been blue screening alot, and when it does when playing LFS, i have to unlock the game again for some reason

well ive used up my unlocks in 4 days now and i dont know what to do..

please let me know if there is something i can do to fix this

I also lost an unlock because i am dual booting OS's and i had to unlock on both operating systems

afaik, you cannot unlock on both OS's under dual boot as you are using the same hardware - each time you restart your system and go into a different OS, LFS will lock again.

If there is a genuine reason why you have used all your unlocks then email the devs to see if there is anyhthing they can do
FYI, unlocking on dual booting machine.... You need 2 installs (or unzips to be precise) of LFS. Unlock separate installs on each OS. The unlock info isn't put into the registrry, it is in LFS its self. So you can do multiple unlocks without using up all your available unlocks constantly.
Quote from mrodgers :FYI, unlocking on dual booting machine.... You need 2 installs (or unzips to be precise) of LFS. Unlock separate installs on each OS. The unlock info isn't put into the registrry, it is in LFS its self. So you can do multiple unlocks without using up all your available unlocks constantly.

a-Ha - I never tried it that way before. I tried using the same instance of LFS for both OS's

Thanks for the Info Mike

Remember that you also can name the root LFS folders anything you want. I'd suggest LFS XP and LFS Vista (or equivalent) instead of LFS1 and LFS2
My vista ultimate was for some reason deactivated this morning... says something about invalid activation key... but i used it for over 2 months?!

eh - not using vista for a while (till i get my 64 bit) so doesnt matter

but thanks for lettin me know..

just do 2 different install folders :P thats all i had to do

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG