The online racing simulator
helpme help! -Steering wheel
(7 posts, started )
I had lfs1 a long time ago but did not bother to play often because it is too hard to control with a mouse. Instant full throttle, instant clutch drop, brakes, steering is wild....

So now I get lfs2 because I have good money to get something for good control.

Trying to search the web but not finding what Im looking for.

A wheel with buttons for shifting and other things, and forcefeedback. Do you think forcefeedback is good or not worth it?

Im also looking for gas pedal, brake pedal, and clutch pedal. <-- that is what Im having a very hard time finding, something with a clutch pedal.

A simulator it is must be real! This is the best one ever
Quote from jeramym :A wheel with buttons for shifting and other things, and forcefeedback. Do you think forcefeedback is good or not worth it?

Definately yes. You can't even drive without it after you've used to it.

Basicly you have two choices:
1. Logitech MOMO Racing
2. Logitech Driving Force Pro

Just search trough the Hardware section: http://www.lfsforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=14 There are lots of similar threads concerning "what wheel should I buy".

Quote :Im also looking for gas pedal, brake pedal, and clutch pedal. <-- that is what Im having a very hard time finding, something with a clutch pedal.

There are few "professional" pedals sets, like Ecci 6000, Frex GP pedal and Finnmotion. They are pretty expensive too. Both wheels which I mentioned before have gas and brake pedal of course but are you sure you wan't a pro pedal set? Clutch isn't really that important, especially when this is your first wheel and clutch isn't exactly properly simulated in LFS (yet).

ps. If you have an old force feedback joystick, check this out and turn it easily to a full H-shifter.
The new Thrustmaster wheel is worth a look. It features 5 Axis, so you could use one of the analog shift thingies for clutch like in real racing cars. There is more information here, and somewhere in the hardware section in this forum as on rscnet as well. You can even purchase a set of pedals from thrustmaster, giving you a total of 4 pedals. These are sold seperately.

I haven't found a shop to give this wheel a try yet, but think it will be the next one I am gonna buy.
thanks for the information. Ill take your word and get one without clutch. I been racing a lot today and I found that it is much easier then I thought to just use the open diff setup. A lot of time I accidently move the mouse too far when on the gas, but at least I have one wheel gripping to give me some correction.
I wasn`t bothered to make a new topick so I ask my question here: What`s wrong with my steering wheel?! It says that it`s force feedback but when I`m playing it doesnt work, but when I play GT4 with PS2 it works?illepall
Have you enabled Force Feedback in the LFS settings?

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG