The online racing simulator
240 degrees good?
(11 posts, started )
240 degrees good?
hey i am gettin a wheel in 2-3 days and was wonderin if 240 is good cause some ppl say you cant drift with out 900 degrees is 240 ok or good can u b competitve? ps i ordered off amazon comin in a few days ps2 adaptor to wheel ps2 wheel
Smaller rotation is actually better. Greater rotation is more realistic, but slower.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Smaller rotation is actually better. Greater rotation is more realistic, but slower.

Slower to rotate lock to lock, for sure. Slower to catch slides too. The extra precision and smoothness should make you faster (in terms of lap times) though.
I have seen the odd quick high-rotation driver (AndroidXP springs to mind) but it seems most of the aliens prefer low lock settings.

Personally I like 420 degrees on my DFP. It's the most fun I can have while still being able to reach the end stops quickly when I need to.
#5 - Jakg
Now i've tried 540 i would never go back, using my old Momo it just feels like a toy to use 'cause of the piss-poor rotation.
260 on my momo is fine. I can catch most drifts and its good enough for fast turning too. I'd still give anything for a G25
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :260 on my momo is fine. I can catch most drifts and its good enough for fast turning too. I'd still give anything for a G25

The rotation of the Momo is set to 240 degree so how can you get 260 degree
Quote from Riders Motion :The rotation of the Momo is set to 240 degree so how can you get 260 degree

I yank really, really hard. no, my mistake, its 240
Im the same as jakg. 540 all the way. The only time i make it higher is if i feel like cruising and i make it smaller when using the open wheelers.
I use 400 for everything with my DFP, I've tried more lock but TBH it just highlights the force feedbacks slowness and at 900 degrees it's really annoying to drive with high FF settings because the wheel reacts violently not able to keep up with the cars natural desire to pull straight, at larger rotations it's possible to get the car to loose control in a straight line.

Real drivers probably use something around 540 degrees in production based cars and nearer 400 degrees in purpose built cars. Generally I think the lack of precision with a smaller lock isn't an issue and is more than made up for in RL and in LFS by the ability to steer faster and in LFS by the reduced FF lag as well.
I've found 450 is the best compromise for all cars. Saves from having to change it when going from a TBO to GTR and stuff, and feels pretty comfortable overall.

240 degrees good?
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG