The online racing simulator
insim Moviemaker
(4 posts, started )
insim Moviemaker
Wouldn't it be nice to have an insim moviemaker, so you can save your replay as a Movie.mpg or Movie.avi, so you don't need that stupid "Fraps" programm anymore.

rFactor has this option too.......
Quote from HeerBommel :Wouldn't it be nice to have an insim moviemaker, so you can save your replay as a Movie.mpg or Movie.avi, so you don't need that stupid "Fraps" programm anymore.

In order to make a movie you need to capture the output of the frame buffer and then string each frame together. InSim can't do this. This can only be achieved within LFS itself, or by doing EXACTLY what fraps does.

Edit: I suppose you could do it via insim, if you wanted to make it emulate LFS. Which is ridiculous and would cost more processing power and time than using something like fraps.
#3 - nihil
Quote from the_angry_angel :

Edit: I suppose you could do it via insim, if you wanted to make it emulate LFS. Which is ridiculous and would cost more processing power and time than using something like fraps.

Does he mean insim or just integrated into the sim...? Racer's integrated video capture was always a really handy aspect of that program.
Q) Can InSim add more cars to the game? Or make me money? Or stop the big kids at school from picking on me? Or do lots of other magical things?

A) Why yes it can! Contrary to popular disbelief, InSim is far more than a bespoke network protocol. It can do wonderous things for LFS (be it making you money, recording video footage, programming your DVD Recorder to not miss Top Gear, or putting the kettle on), solve all of life's little problems, and on Wednesdays it cures cancer. Best of all though, it's really simple to use; even little Johnny got the hang of it in 3 minutes. You practically just think of ideas for InSim and he'll get right on it.

It is important you do not confuse InSim with it's lesser sibling, OutSim, which while has the best intensions has nowhere near the sophistication of InSim. OutSim has been known to get quite violent at times so treat with caution. And the less said about the demented cousin OutGuage, the better.

[size]There, I'm all out of sarcasm for the day[/size]

insim Moviemaker
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG