The online racing simulator
Nvidia 7300le and 2gb of Ram Yey, or Ney?
Well im getting a new computer for christmas and it has to be around 350-£400 and ive found a decent system after making a few changes to it for £370

The specs are:
Amd athlon x64 4000+ (2.10ghz i think)
2.0gb of ram kingston (not sure about speeds etc)
Nvidia 7300le 512/256mb Graphix
80gb Hard drive 7500rpm (i think)
(also comes with 19 inch screen and keyboard [Which i wont use] etc)

Ive been looking into the graphics card becuase originaly it confused me with "256/512mb" and at £25 it seems like a bargain... so simply what it does is if i have over 1gb of ram installed it will take 256mb of this and turn it to graphics memory, now (apparantly) the perfomance on this card isnt to good, but its just a good way to run HD,
But my questions are:
Is this system worth its cost?
Will the graphics card cut highish end games with ease? (bf2/2142 etc)
And how much of an improvement would this be from my current geforce 6200?
And is the extra graphics memory worth the loss of ram? (i understand this could depend on certain factors)
Thanks in advance.
That came to £400?! Surely it'd be more like sub £200.

No the card wont play BF2142 with ease, it'll barely play it at all tbh. If you are getting a card for games, at a minimum you should be looking at a 7600GT or similar.
Ouch^, And i also forgot to state this is with keyboard mouse etc screen and xp sp2 etc (dont worry keyboard goes on family computer zboard comes with me) so hmmm |: Thanks.

EDIT: Here is the base system which i have boosted up a little and put some unneeded things down (dvd drive/hard drive etc)
http://www.dinopc.com/shop/pc/ ... p?idproduct=130&qty=1
#4 - Jakg
Are you capable of building a computer yourself? Wahts your budget?

A 7300LE has WORSE performance than a 6600GT.

That PC is crap, no offence.
My budgets about £380 :| And yeah i realise its a little crap...but its a huge improvement from my current, and as the cheapest graphics card i can get with this 7300 is my only option realy, if its an improvement from a plain 6200 (pritty sure it should be) then im happy

EDIT: Building the computer myself, Probably not, ive never fitted a procceser nor touched the fitting of a motherboard, the only things ive realy fitted are graphics cards hard drives etc :|

Cheers,
#6 - Jakg
The 6200 is crap, but the 7300 isn't much faster...

It's not that your budgets the problem, it's more that your paying WAY over the odds for the hardware.

For reference, my 7950GT has trouble maxing BF2142 with 4xAA, although it will chug along in BF2 at Very High with 4xAA with a constant 60 FPS.

(In case you think i'm bragging - i'm not. My card artefacts to feck and WILL die soon, i just can't afford a replacement).

I simply added an 8600GT to the PC you spec'ed above, and removed the monitor - it's up to you if you want 64-bit or not, but for £420 you could get a PC that would max BF2 and have a 19" Widescreen monitor.

EDIT - I'm in a technical mood - the amount of RAM a card has is NOT the most important thin - there is no real way to compare cards based on specs alone, but having 512 MB on a graphics card any slower than a 7900/8800 is overkill.

TurboCache steals system ram, but it is INCREDIBLY slow to do it this way.

EDIT 2 - Do you need an operating system? If not, you could probably of put an E2180 in there, but i can't find a builder that uses them :/
Ok cheers for all your help, ill look into it, that seemed to be the cheapest id been able to get things thats all, probably becuase i dont trust myself putting it together

Thanks again.

Edit: Yeah i will need a operating system for two reasons
one: I dont have a spare cd key or install discs
two: I dont feel like installing it >.>
Have you asked in your local computer shop what kind of system they could offer for your budget? They can usually come up with pretty good system and most likely they would build it and install operating system without extra cost if you're buying whole setup from them.
Hmm that might be an idea, but the one computer shop that hasn't shut down in my area seems a bit expensive...My friend got a Fx5600(128mb) and it cost him £40 :| later in the year thats how much my 6200(256mb) cost me, the only time i ever use it is if i dont want to wait for my parts
Lol yer computer shops are never a good idea - our local maplins has the blazingly fast FX5600 on sale for the bargain price of £70.
Quote from pb32000 :Lol yer computer shops are never a good idea - our local maplins has the blazingly fast FX5600 on sale for the bargain price of £70.

Jesus christ and i thought mine was expensive!
Damn, they really know how to rip off customers. I guess it depends on the place, I live in rather small town and I pretty much know the people running the shop so that might be it.
LE = Lame Edition.

LE = Low End

Basically, LE can mean lots of things, none of which are good.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG