The online racing simulator
Paddock online raceleague manager
A collegue of mine races in a big online raceleague called the Dutch Racing League. They play rFactor with a self created mod based on formula one cars. He asked me to create some kind of web application where all the teams and driver could be added and where results could be posted.

After a few days of coding I had created Paddock. I decided to release it under a GPL license, which means that everyone is permitted to download, use and redistribute the application.

Unique feature in Paddock is the importing of rFactor XML files, so you do not have to type in every digit of race result data. But since we're on the LFS forum, I also would like to add the same functionality for LFS racers and leagues, if anyone here is going to use Paddock, that is.

More information about Paddock can be found on sourceforge:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/paddock

Paddock depends on PHP 5 and MySQL. (PHP4 users should make some minor changes to the mysql_login class, I think)

If you're going to try it out, please give me some feedback.

Screenshot:

http://sourceforge.net/dbimage.php?id=142842

I already posted this on the subforum Leagues and Events, but I see that not very much people look there. Sorry for reposting .
Sounds very interesting, I'll try and take a look at it
Quote from DemonTPx :MySQL 3 users should upgrade. I found out that it is NOT supported.

People still using MySQL 3 should be shot
Very interesting project.

Installation is easy, except maybe you could put something in the readme about creating at least one user (and remember to SHA1 the password field :doh: me stupid!)

I like the interface and the clean code. nice.

Could become a great app if you make some sort of integration with LFSStats (or similar addon), like importing race results, show detailed reports with race graphs, etc...
Yeah I really forgot to test a clean installation.. And the readme was made quick'n'dirty .

A first users needs to be added through mysql with the password as a SHA1-hash. Something like this:
INSERT INTO `user` (name, passwd) VALUES ('admin', SHA1('password'));

Also I'm currently working on a import tool for LFSPoints XML files.
Updated paddock with included the php4-files and lfspoints xml import support.

(Version 7.10beta-09a)
Attached files
paddock.zip - 103.2 KB - 242 views
Quote from DemonTPx :Updated paddock with included the php4-files and lfspoints xml import support.

(Version 7.10beta-09a)

Nice! I did a quick test with the import function and it seems to work well.

Any chance for a few (easy) requests?
- add support for penalities
- add best lap and number of pitstops for each pilot in the race results
- (otional) have a link on the race result line to a more detailed web page with statistics of the race (to be generated with other program like LFS Stats)

Thanks for your work!

edit: thinking about the info shown on the race result page: you could easily combine the "Time" and "Gap" columns in only one, giving total time for the winner and gap for subsequent racers.
Cool..

LOTA (www.lfs-lota.net) has something like it called the RLM, but its for the most part specific to LFS... unfortunately it was also built into SMF (I suggest avoiding this forum like the plague) and since its majorily modifies large swaths of code it can't be released due to licensing in SMF (and the lack of communication by the SMF team) easily.

Quote from DemonTPx :A collegue of mine races in a big online raceleague called the Dutch Racing League. They play rFactor with a self created mod based on formula one cars. He asked me to create some kind of web application where all the teams and driver could be added and where results could be posted.

After a few days of coding I had created Paddock. I decided to release it under a GPL license, which means that everyone is permitted to download, use and redistribute the application.

Unique feature in Paddock is the importing of rFactor XML files, so you do not have to type in every digit of race result data. But since we're on the LFS forum, I also would like to add the same functionality for LFS racers and leagues, if anyone here is going to use Paddock, that is.

More information about Paddock can be found on sourceforge:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/paddock

Paddock depends on PHP 5 and MySQL. (PHP4 users should make some minor changes to the mysql_login class, I think)

If you're going to try it out, please give me some feedback.

Screenshot:

http://sourceforge.net/dbimage.php?id=142842

I already posted this on the subforum Leagues and Events, but I see that not very much people look there. Sorry for reposting .

curious as to what i've done wrong, if anything
http://burnsy.no-ip.info/paddock
# Organisation title. This is the linked title that will appear on top of the page.
$config['org'] = "test";

# Organisation link. This will be where the link points to.
$config['org_link'] = "http://test.com";

# MySQL server configuration
$config['mysql']['host'] = "localhost";
$config['mysql']['user'] = "root";
$config['mysql']['pass'] = "******";
$config['mysql']['db'] = "paddock";
?>

Quote from burnsy1882 :curious as to what i've done wrong, if anything

short_open_tag isn't enabled on your installation of PHP (which is a not good thing, but the code relies on it)
Quote from the_angry_angel :short_open_tag isn't enabled on your installation of PHP (which is a good thing, but the code relies on it)

if this is a good thing, and it is, and you follow the note below:
Quote :; Allow the <? tag. Otherwise, only <?php and <script> tags are recognized.
; NOTE: Using short tags should be avoided when developing applications or
; libraries that are meant for redistribution, or deployment on PHP
; servers which are not under your control, because short tags may not
; be supported on the target server. For portable, redistributable code,
; be sure not to use short tags.
short_open_tag = Off

may i ask as to why it is being used? some people that may want to use this might not have access to their php.ini file.
Quote from burnsy1882 :if this is a good thing

Sorry, I'm typo man today, my fingers just aren't keeping up with my brain I did mean "not good". Not sure how I managed to miss out an entire word though

Quote from burnsy1882 :may i ask as to why it is being used? some people that may want to use this might not have access to their php.ini file.

Lazy programmers. re: ini, see ini_set().
for those that were able to get an LFSPoints xml parsed into Paddock, can you explain to me how you did it?
Quote from burnsy1882 :for those that were able to get an LFSPoints xml parsed into Paddock, can you explain to me how you did it?

First you need to import the xml. Then you'll see all the drivers names with a combobox each. You need to select the matching driver from the combobox and then press apply.

I also found another bug a few days ago. I'll upload an update in the following few days. The bug is the following: if you'd enter 030 as miliseconds. It would translate it to 300 miliseconds.. :doh:.. even worse.. if you'd enter 003.. it'd translate into 300...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG