The online racing simulator
How not to behave on a track day
(37 posts, started )
Their line was all wrong through Camp, which meant they ran too wide at the exit. The first two got away with it (but would find seconds per lap by missing the first pseudo apex), the third (camera) car didn't.

100% the evo drivers fault. Partly for not being to drive that corner properly. And partly for having such a dull track day car.
Oh dear, at least it wasn't his newer Evo which he made into a 3 door. Stupid driving on a track day though, deserved to wreck his car. I feel sorry for the innocent guy in the 106 who clearly does not have money to waste on a car he can't drive properly. At least it probably looked cool from his view, something to tell his mates down the pub.
Obviously the evo driver is at fault here, but why are cars allowed to run together when the speed difference is so large? Is that peugeot rapid or slow ? What rules are in place on a standard track day? is it a free for all?
Did he leave the engine running? I dunno if the engine was still working after that crash, but I could swear I heard it humming away in the in car view after he gets out...
I think he did leave it running, look the revometer.

Pretty nice crash too considering how the contact happend and a real shame for that 106, looked a really nice little track day car too.
was a girl in the 106 too, not that it changes anything.
Quote from Intrepid :Obviously the evo driver is at fault here, but why are cars allowed to run together when the speed difference is so large? Is that peugeot rapid or slow ? What rules are in place on a standard track day? is it a free for all?

I'd have thought you'd know the answer...

Trackdays are open to everything. Some, but by no means all, are divided into catagories, usually based on driver experience rather than car speed.

There are usually rules about passing during track days, which these 3 Evos clearly ignored. But the type of person who owns Evos probably can't cope with simple instructions...
Quote from Intrepid :Obviously the evo driver is at fault here, but why are cars allowed to run together when the speed difference is so large? Is that peugeot rapid or slow ? What rules are in place on a standard track day? is it a free for all?

One of the comments from the video:

Quote from Youtube :M45her (2 weeks ago) Show Hide Marked as spam

(Reply)

The pug driver was a women, named Chrissy iirc.

Both championship classes are on at the same time to save cost! Many championships use the same scenario running completely different powered vehicles.

Based on that video, LFS crash physics doesn't seem so freaky after all...
I was at a Lancer Register day at Cadwell Park a couple of years ago with my mate, who at the time had a Honda Civic 1.3. My mate had an instructor in the car to give him some pointers for a few laps to help him be a little faster. On one lap, my mate in his Civic came over the brow of the hill coming onto 'The Mountain', then just behind him, a guy in an Integra Type R came over the brow and nearly smashed into the Civic. Apparently this guy got banned from the track for a period because he was driving dangerously.

Anyway, point of the story, would this guy in the video thats driving the Lancer like a n00b have gotten any kind of punishment for driving like that? seeing as it was a track day.

Anyone got some more info about whether that actually was a track day or not? I don't think it was, looked to me that the Evos were racing and lapping the 106 (which had a novice cross and door numbers not a common sight on a track day, plus the fact he was wearing a full race suit). A good example of how LFS style blue flag abuse leads to disaster. Totally the Evos fault although to be fair to him if he was racing the other two you can understand how if he hadn't seen the 106 until he had already taken the bad line, which is possible then the options open to him were to either try and back out which would have almost certainly resulted in going into the tires very hard on a corner almost no run off or try and pass round the inside, hopefully the 106 got away more lightly.

As for leaving the engine running well he deserves to be shot :doh:

EDIT - just googled Norris Designs came up with some pictures of guess what, pictures of a racing Evo with novice stickers on it the last one being at Castle Coombe
It was the final round of the Castle Combe Saloon Cup/Championship, the 106 and the Evos were in the same race, but different classes.

The lass in the 106 was being lapped by the leading pack when the incident happened. Both drivers walked away, and I understand that the Evo owner has offered to help out with repairs for the 106.

From what I've read, it was the Evo drivers 2nd race, and the 106 drivers 4th or 5th.
What sort of parity is there between these two classes? Lap time difference?
Ah reet, Tristans first post made me think it was a track day :doh:
And I just read the thread title!

Mod! Change it (please)!
Seeing stuff like that makes you so happy, knowing that people who have that kind of money to waste are so stupid. 4WD drifting, look at me I'm teh 1337 dr1ftz0r!!11 oh noes my cars did flipped ova!1

Oh but the other video is better, the guy with the camera 'take your foot off! take your foot off you idiot!'
The irony! In one of these videos you see lots of tricky cars to drive, rear wheel drive, light weight, and who decides to spin out on his own? a 4wd evo! lol!

Even Clarkson finds it hard to crash in one of these..
Quote from tristancliffe :And I just read the thread title!

Mod! Change it (please)!

Lol, yeah. I must have read that before i read the thread
Ouch! Bet that hurt!

Doesn't take a scientist to work out why Avon Rise and Quarry Corner are considered one of the [top 3] hardest corners in British Motorsport. It's a VERY difficult corner to get right, especially if you are racing at the time rather than just driving quickly (apparently - I've not had the pleasure to be racing in a pack of cars at Combe yet).
Just shows how much damage you can do if you think your better than you actually are. I expect most of those people thought they could be the next Schumacher because they won a race on GP4 or something. (talking about the chavs in the riced up cars, mainly that Rover)

(37 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG