The online racing simulator
Dual core and LFS
(3 posts, started )
#1 - Tooby
Dual core and LFS
No it doesn't use dualcore. Actually, IIRC it makes LFS run slower than without.

E: Actually here's a discussion about the new ati-drivers going on and it seems that all problems are caused by HT/DualCore. Actually, it's pretty obvious because the only major change the new drivers have is "optimized" dual core support. To be fair, the driver optimizations work in all other games so I think it's indeed LFS fault in some way or another.
Quote from AndroidXP :No it doesn't use dualcore. Actually, IIRC it makes LFS run slower than without.

E: Actually here's a discussion about the new ati-drivers going on and it seems that all problems are caused by HT/DualCore. Actually, it's pretty obvious because the only major change the new drivers have is "optimized" dual core support. To be fair, the driver optimizations work in all other games so I think it's indeed LFS fault in some way or another.

certanly not all games are tested without fault there are loads of people with single and dual core with new ati driver problems in other games its all over the rage3d forums and at ati's own forums too

I think LFS runs well on 1 or 2 cores but it doesnt include any specific optimizations for dual core at the moment.

SD.

Dual core and LFS
(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG