The online racing simulator
ConeDodgers License Update
(47 posts, started )
Quote from ajp71 :The As Cadet small GTRs is a lovely combo, some of the best racing I've ever had in LFS has been there in the last few days. As for the big GTRs, it's a nice combo with generally good standards, my only real niggle being people cutting the yellow line coming out the pits.

Unfortunately I've now given up on this server as it seems people blindly vote ban people, first time it happened was after I got taken out by someone, I explained that to the server owners and they very nicely unbanned me. Sadly this time it was somebody going round trying to ban people, who I shouldn't have tried to stand up to (or accidentally completed the vote by pressing 1 trying to save the replay ). I've had my first two bans in LFS both from CD1 and I ain't going back

Alex, please dont take that attitued against the server, its not the server or CD but the players on it.

Can i ask that you go back on and find out who is doing all the stupid banning as they are the ones that need sorting out.

Our new licensing system is again back on track after the big change in insim for patch X and this will sort out many of the problems.

We will be testing in a week or 2
Well I may pop back at the busy times when there are [CD] and other respected people on the servers, like STCC the problem comes when they all log off

Like I said though CD3 is a great combo that I think I'll continue racing on.
Refused from CD1 Host
Hi, can someone help me. I've been trying to get onto CD1 for a couple of months now and I keep getting refused. I have License B and pb of 1:41.86. I have a feeling I got kick off for some reason. But I would really like to get back in the race. What to I have to do to join CD1. I don't mind grovelling to the host admin I just want to be able to join.
Steve.
^^Vote bans are only 24 hours so you've probably been admin banned from the server or barricaded? I suppose it could also be an InSim app kicking you for some reason, although I don't think the CD servers have any apps like that.
Quote from catch_me :Hi, can someone help me. I've been trying to get onto CD1 for a couple of months now and I keep getting refused. I have License B and pb of 1:41.86. I have a feeling I got kick off for some reason. But I would really like to get back in the race. What to I have to do to join CD1. I don't mind grovelling to the host admin I just want to be able to join.
Steve.

I have unbanned you on CD1, but you will be watched, be very carful and do not argue
License files have just been updated
I just thought I'd do the honorable thing here, and say that I should not be included in the next license update. I am getting better, and I was running a couple races turning laps in the high to mid 1:44's. On lap 5 of the attached MPR*, I was on pace for another high 1:44 when the FXR in front of me spun coming out of the chicane. He made contact with me in the right rear quarter panel, but instead of spinning me out, it instantly accellerated the car from around 110 mph to over 170 (which is disconcerting, to say the least, when one is in 4th gear). I straightened it out, grabbed sixth gear before the engine damage got any worse, and crossed the line in 1:42.70. But that was about two seconds faster than what the lap should have been, without the wonky collision result. The next lap would have been too fast, too, given the fact that I crossed the line at over 170 mph, so I parked the car.

I'd like to earn a CD2 license, but I'd like to earn it by being clean and getting those last few tenths off my laptime, not by exploiting a bug. So unless I turn a 1:44 or better (in which case I'll let you know), you shouldn't include me in the next license update, no matter what the stats say.

*If you do view this replay, please don't think me a crasher--on lap 1 I was trying to brake early for the hard left hander to let a guy who was three seconds faster than me by, but locked a wheel and pitched the car sideways.
Attached files
DirtyExploiter.mpr - 985.5 KB - 135 views
far too honest for your own good.:bounce8:

You will be more than welcome to the licensed servers when you make the time

Maxim
Quote from lawdog :I just thought I'd do the honorable thing here, and say that I should not be included in the next license update. I am getting better, and I was running a couple races turning laps in the high to mid 1:44's. On lap 5 of the attached MPR*, I was on pace for another high 1:44 when the FXR in front of me spun coming out of the chicane. He made contact with me in the right rear quarter panel, but instead of spinning me out, it instantly accellerated the car from around 110 mph to over 170 (which is disconcerting, to say the least, when one is in 4th gear). I straightened it out, grabbed sixth gear before the engine damage got any worse, and crossed the line in 1:42.70. But that was about two seconds faster than what the lap should have been, without the wonky collision result. The next lap would have been too fast, too, given the fact that I crossed the line at over 170 mph, so I parked the car.

I'd like to earn a CD2 license, but I'd like to earn it by being clean and getting those last few tenths off my laptime, not by exploiting a bug. So unless I turn a 1:44 or better (in which case I'll let you know), you shouldn't include me in the next license update, no matter what the stats say.

*If you do view this replay, please don't think me a crasher--on lap 1 I was trying to brake early for the hard left hander to let a guy who was three seconds faster than me by, but locked a wheel and pitched the car sideways.

I have just been into the file changed the time to 1:44.30 so it will no longer be valid in the next licence update.

However you deserve a license for being so truthful.
Quote from birder :I have just been into the file changed the time to 1:44.30 so it will no longer be valid in the next licence update.

However you deserve a license for being so truthful.

No, I deserve a license because I just turned a 1:43.44. I knew my honesty would pay off in good lap time karma!
Quote from lawdog :No, I deserve a license because I just turned a 1:43.44. I knew my honesty would pay off in good lap time karma!

Well done Lawdog . Well inside the target.

I just hope you make the cut as the permanent system is getting close now which will require a total race time to qualify so I guess Birder may decide not to bother with updating the temporary licence list. I wasn't at the test though so I am not sure how much work is involved in finishing it so you may be lucky.

Maxim
Quote from MaximUK :Well done Lawdog . Well inside the target.

I just hope you make the cut as the permanent system is getting close now which will require a total race time to qualify so I guess Birder may decide not to bother with updating the temporary licence list. I wasn't at the test though so I am not sure how much work is involved in finishing it so you may be lucky.

Maxim

Well, that's good, actually. I got inside 1:44.4 about three days after you moved the time to 1:44.0, so that forced me to keep working. Making it total race time will force me to keep improving as well.
Quote from lawdog :No, I deserve a license because I just turned a 1:43.44. I knew my honesty would pay off in good lap time karma!

Next update is Friday but i have just added your name to the licence file on CD2, it just wont appear in the website list yet

Well done.
No License?
Hi

I had a "C" license but now when I try to access the CD4 server it tells me I don't have one. So I went to your website and did a license check and my license is gone. Was I deleted for some reason?
Thanks
Quote from Toddshooter :I had a "C" license but now when I try to access the CD4 server it tells me I don't have one. So I went to your website and did a license check and my license is gone. Was I deleted for some reason?

Not that I know
Are you sure you have done the target time ? Check !stats

And if so, please try to join the server again now.
Quote from Toddshooter :Hi

I had a "C" license but now when I try to access the CD4 server it tells me I don't have one. So I went to your website and did a license check and my license is gone. Was I deleted for some reason?
Thanks

Maybe this is my fault, well sort of

The Target times to beat are:
CD1 AS3 1.44.00
CD3 AS1 0.52.40

On 15th i used 52.40 as the setting for licenses
On 27th i used 52.39 as the setting

No times recorded on CD1

Your times for CD3 are

52:40 in the XFR
52.41 in the UFR

Now how close is that.
Quote from birder :Maybe this is my fault, well sort of

The Target times to beat are:
CD1 AS3 1.44.00
CD3 AS1 0.52.40

On 15th i used 52.40 as the setting for licenses
On 27th i used 52.39 as the setting

No times recorded on CD1

Your times for CD3 are

52:40 in the XFR
52.41 in the UFR

Now how close is that.

Oh I didn't know I was that close I'll go back and get faster then!
Thanks for the response!
The Licence files have just been updated
License files just updated
License file just updated again.
So does this mean that once license files have been updated, those under 1:44:00 on CD1 get automatically access to the CD2 server? I don't mind CD1 but it tends to get quite messy unless you're running in top 5 for first two laps.
Quote from Crommi :So does this mean that once license files have been updated, those under 1:44:00 on CD1 get automatically access to the CD2 server? I don't mind CD1 but it tends to get quite messy unless you're running in top 5 for first two laps.

Jup that's right

ConeDodgers License Update
(47 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG