The online racing simulator
G25 question(z)
(5 posts, started )
G25 question(z)
I just bought G25 and am extremely satisfied with the wheel. Its just my first wheel with FF and I must say the sense of immersion is awsome. just a few questions to fellow drivers:

1. I have a problem with the paddle shifter. When I gear up (right paddle) it makes a click sound and then rightafter it bumps at the black element of the wheel. it doesnt sound really well. Has anyone tried to eliminate the problem?

2. The same paddle. I have heard that you may downshift when you hit the right paddle to hard, however I have a problem that it sometimes upshifts two instead of one gear. It happens once per 30 shifts so it is really annoying. Same, do you know how to overcome this?

3. I have always been thinking that overpowered FWD cars are not really good idea since you have to struggle with lots of torque on the steering wheel. ... but in LFS the FWD cars sends a lot less forces on the wheel than RWD. Is something wrong with the FFB or LFS or my idea of the FWD cars ;p

4. What FFB settings are you using? Global 70% and 40% in LFS seems quite ok to me till I fully get used to driving with FFB. What %level you suggest for later?
#2 - Jakg
It's up to you what FFB settings to use - i use 103% / 135%, and i'm not superhuman.

I hope you've ready my wheel guide on how to set up your wheel?

For your double-shift problem - try tweaking the "Gearshift Debounce" settings to a higher value, this limits the amount of time LFS waits before accepting a new shift.
1. Perfectly normal for a G25 to do this. This one, and the broken one i had before both done it.

2. Hmm, i think it depends on how your changing. If your too aggresive, then it will most likely do the "gear flick" where it goes up, then straight back down. This is because as you release the paddle, it can sometimes cause the other paddle to change down, which i have heard is down to vibration or weight. Which one of these is true, i dont know. I have never heard of it double-shifting upwards, maybe your pressing it too soft?

3. I have noticed this too, seems abit strange as you would expect them to be a little heavier front end. The only time i notice the FFB kick in is if i do a wheelspin.

4. I have the ffb on 101% on the profiler, and about 30-50% on the game, depending on the car. The only time i have it any higher is when in the FO8 and BF1 as i like these to feel stronger.

A little tip, dont run the ffb on extremely high ammounts for long ammounts of time (e.g 101% on the profiler and 200% on the game).
I have heard this can burn out/damage the motors inside the wheel after long periods of driving.

Another tip, i suggest turning "analogue steer smooth" and "steering centre reduction" to 0 on them both. These are the settings i use, and they improve the response (from left to right or vice versa) a hell of a lot, and can help with fast driving.
For the force feedback, i suggest 105% in profiler, and around 20-40% ingame.
Thanks for help guys.

I realised I make a lot better times with the new wheel than on the previous one (180 deg., no FF). I got addicted again

G25 question(z)
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG