The online racing simulator
BF1 engine sound clipping - how do I fix it?
Once a newbie, always a newbie... The default BF1 sound clips like crazy and I've messed around with the values to no avail. Does anyone have any advice? I might actually use the car sometimes if it didn't sound like a budget distortion pedal.
Lower exhaust volume should do the trick, then lower intake/drivetrain/etc to suit.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Once a newbie, always a newbie... The default BF1 sound clips like crazy and I've messed around with the values to no avail. Does anyone have any advice? I might actually use the car sometimes if it didn't sound like a budget distortion pedal.

Unfortunately the wave produced by the sound engine in the BF1 is all over the place. If it wasn't like that it would have to sound like a hum. Unfortunately like Bob says, you need to put the exhaust volume right down, even though this makes its rediculously quiet in comparison to the other cars.
#4 - (SaM)
Quote from DaveWS :[...] even though this makes its rediculously quiet in comparison to the other cars.

You compensate that by strapping your headphones to your head in an extra tight manner and turning the volume of your amp all the way up to 100%. The bleeding ears and the recurring beep sure contribute to the immersion!

What? .. oh ok.

What?
Thanks guys. I seem to have got rid of the clipping now, but yeah it does sound a bit tame.
But, the BF1 was once the best sounding car in LFS in my opinion, before the sound update...
Quote from thisnameistaken :Thanks guys. I seem to have got rid of the clipping now, but yeah it does sound a bit tame.

You can always download the one I uploaded in the engine sound thread and make it a bit lamer still - there's always room for improvement.
Alot of my car-sounds clip, but they don't reverberate like some others I have tried do, Just because it 'clips' doesn't nessacarily mean it is going to cause problems, The sound of the engine strengthens as you start driving, so you may want to account for that aswell.
Quote from DaveWS :Unfortunately like Bob says, you need to put the exhaust volume right down, even though this makes its rediculously quiet in comparison to the other cars.

Quote from thisnameistaken :Thanks guys. I seem to have got rid of the clipping now, but yeah it does sound a bit tame.

That's the reason why we need a master volume per sound because if you change one of the settings the global sound balance doesn't sound the same anymore.

Quote from ATHome :But, the BF1 was once the best sounding car in LFS in my opinion, before the sound update...

Yep, at least it sounded more like a F1 than it does now
#10 - Gizz
Quote from ATHome :But, the BF1 was once the best sounding car in LFS in my opinion, before the sound update...

agree 110% was the best in game now it sounds......not good anyway
Erm to sidetrack a little, what's the booming sound when u accelerate on the BF1? Drag?
Booming? Could be the TC cutting throttle, that makes a gawd aweful racket I personally don't drive the car because of the way it sounds, it gives me a headache after a while
~Bryan~
Erm you're not licensed.... Your post sounds funny.
Quote from Alkanphel :Erm you're not licensed.... Your post sounds funny.

That's because he has S2, he just uses his old demo account on the forums.
Oh lol, i didnt know.
Still, there is a big question on why he doesn't use his S2 Licenced user on here.
There's a list of S2 users who are allowed to post with a demo account, under an agreement with moderators. I don't know why exactly since this has generated some confusion, but that's how it works.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG