The online racing simulator
EA Signs Hamilton in £5m Deal
(27 posts, started )
Good old EA.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=174781

Now will Hamilton encourage physics/handling changes in EA games? Or will he be told that making cars handle in a realistic way isn't accessible enough to sell a billion copies?

I'd like to think the former, but my odds are on the second option.
I'd prefer if EA stuck to arcadey games, and let the real sim devs do their stuff. So, I'd prefer if it was the former. Besides, there is nothing wrong with non-realistic physics if it's fun to play. You can always opt-out.
Quote from Dajmin :Now will Hamilton encourage physics/handling changes in EA games? Or will he be told that making cars handle in a realistic way isn't accessible enough to sell a billion copies?

He will pose for the photograph on the box cover. And... that's pretty much it.
Quote from xaotik :He will pose for the photograph on the box cover. And... that's pretty much it.

Lol, thought the same.

There will be no new or better physics in that game, but you at least would get the pictures of Hamilton, WOHO!!... -.-
#5 - SamH
£5M may sound like a lot of money for one photo of you smiling on the front of a game title.. but I bet Kimi couldn't do it, and he's the world champion!
lol, look what they say:
It could be a horse riding sim
SamH: its all about popularity, i think Hamilton haas grown big time (but he's a *********)
Quite appropriate...If there is anybody that has a NEED FOR (more) SPEED it's our dear Lewis...

Also, why pick Tiger over dear old Colin (Monty)? Just cos teh Tigger is invincible, doesn't mean that he should get HIS face all over the game boxes..or is because he is regarded as a "role-model"?
Companies like EA will throw money at people who have thousands of fans so that when the stick their face on a box they will sell as many products as possible.
Some title suggestions:

Formula 1 World Joint Second Place Near Miss
Paparazzi OutRun (maybe should've signed Princess Died for this one)
Hamilton's Quest For Tyres
Neutral Gear Solid

Damn I really wanted five.
EA sucks, the worst company by far :thumbsdow
Quote from thisnameistaken :Some title suggestions:

Neutral Gear Solid

Switzerland Flight Simulator
I think the average buyer of this game doesn't even know who Hamilton is.

EDIT: NVM, I am tired, I thought it was about NFS front.
At the risk of sounding argumentative (not the intention!) I'd say exactly the opposite. Most people buying such games do so because they relate to an idol, or the sport enough to know they won the c'ship and hence must be cool, but not being aware they're really supporting a whining douchebag.
TBH I couldn't give a crap whether a product has someone's face on it or not. I'm more concerned with how it actually plays. I'm probably in the minority there

My problem is with EA and their reputation and history. The first NFS was amazing, up to even Hot Pursuit 2 was pretty good, Porsche was great. But then they seemed to abandon such trivial things as gravity and inertia in favour of (quite literally in Underground) bling.

They have an engine they like and they'll use it. In this case the current ProStreet cars and tracks will be replaced by "real" F1 cars and circuits. But the physics and handling flaws I mentioned in the ProStreet thread will still apply.
I've never driven a real F1 car, but I know they shouldn't handle like boats.

So irrelevant of who is on the cover or why, it doesn't really matter if all they're doing is pedalling the same old wares with nothing but a facelift. After all, EA are already known for the yearly sequel treadmill and lack of post-sales support.

This is turning into a rant, so I'll shut up now. I had a bit more to say but it wasn't all that important

Neutral Gear Solid

SimStevenage?
I like the first one, very Japanese sounding.

Fairly obvious he'd be getting this sort of deal, but I've never been moved to buy a game just because someone's face is on it. If a game looks good it looks good, if it looks crappy I wouldn't even be interested if an elderly Elvis Presley was on the box.
Quote from Bladerunner :Quite appropriate...If there is anybody that has a NEED FOR (more) SPEED it's our dear Lewis...

Also, why pick Tiger over dear old Colin (Monty)? Just cos teh Tigger is invincible, doesn't mean that he should get HIS face all over the game boxes..or is because he is regarded as a "role-model"?

I would think that Woods image gives a better view of a grumpy miserable Scottish golfer.
Well Tiger Woods games area a massive hit. They are just wanting to cash in on hamilton already

We could see a Lewis Hamilton game where you drive through his whole career - if the physics were at least decent (wouldnt have to be too arcadey, or too much of a simulation for that matter...) it would be a big hit imo, especially on console. I'm loving pgr4 atm, especially on the f1 nurburg circuit.
If i see a title "Lewis Hamilton F1 Simulation" by EA, i will probably throw up, I'm already on the verge of doing so.
Well, we'll probably get a new text which states that Hamilton helped making the game on the game boxes then.

Quote from NitroNitrous :EA sucks, the worst company by far :thumbsdow

Better than Ubischoft
Still no news if EA has really got the license... but this would highly hint that.

Well, probably doesn't make much difference to Sony's F1 games. The Sony's game was arcade but as far as I know well done arcade, EA's one is going to be arcade too and if it's well or badly done, doesn't make much difference to us PC simmers, we are going to get ass raped again because it's most likely going to be a exclusive license, so goodbye realistic F1 game on PC for next 10 years.

And don't bring up EA's history with F1 games (F1 2000-2002 and F1 Challenge), EA has abandoned PC as a platform.
Hmmm Lewis did say he was coming over here to the states after the season was over, so this might be one reason why. Wish I was working at EA (only 15 mins away), I'd probably get to go seem him .

Hell if he did smile on the front cover, they'd need to photoshop the gap in his front teeth!!!

Stick to Tiger Woods, EA.
Quote from Lible :Well, we'll probably get a new text which states that Hamilton helped making the game on the game boxes then.

Better than Ubischoft

Along with gearbox failures and silly gravel traps at the pit entrance
Quote from Bladerunner :Along with gearbox failures and silly gravel traps at the pit entrance

"Including mini game "don't hit the wrong button in wheel!"

Neutral Gear Solid

SpyCatcher. (First-person shoot'em up, located in the Ferrari pits at night.)

Five million may seem like a lot of cash, but it's a tough job. You try to keep a straight face while saying that the game's cars handle just like the real thing.
I mean... who cares about the face on the box? Tiger Woods appearing on PGA's box won't attract the non-golfers.

(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG