The online racing simulator
screen flashes and jumps
(15 posts, started )
screen flashes and jumps
ok i've been having problems with(im guessing)my video card.when i go to run LFS its fine untill i go to race and the bottom part of the screen starts to move and jump out of place.i had this problem before but it went away for awhile and now its happing again.im running my resolution at 1920 by 1200,32bit. as is in the game too. at 60hrz in the game.when i turn the resolution down to around 1600 by 1200 60hrz the jumping stops.PLS help me. heres my specs.

intel core 2cpu t7400 @2.16 GHz 2.17 GHz
2046 MD
32 bit windows home premium vista
geforce go 7900 gs

ps:also it jumps when i play videos on quicktime really big
Sounds like the videocard could be under alot of load, but this is a powerful-ish card so it should'nt have a problem with any thing like this. What are the temps of the card when under load, and has it been overclocked at all?
no it hasnt.how do i check the temp?taskmanger-performance? sry im not really good with computer hardware.
#4 - ajp71
Are you running an (old) CRT? It's a bit hard to understand the symptoms you've described but they sound similar to one of my CRTs that flickers about the place. I know it's the monitor because my second display still runs fine.

It may be worth trying another monitor if it's a flickering your getting, or you could try taking screenshots or a video with fraps. If the defects don't show up in them then you know it's your monitor or likewise if they show up you know it's your graphics card artifacting. Of course if it's periodic it may not be possible to catch it this way.
well i cant really try another monitor scince its a laptop.and i just got it this year so i doubt that its old. i went to take a screenshot and it didnt show up in the picture?
#6 - Jakg
Are you sure your running your screen at the right resolution?
#7 - ajp71
Quote from DRFT89 :well i cant really try another monitor scince its a laptop.and i just got it this year so i doubt that its old. i went to take a screenshot and it didnt show up in the picture?

Well I'd doubt an LCD screen would jump around in the way a CRT can because the pixels are all fixed.
You running a dock at the bottom of the screen or anything?
Quote from pb32000 :You running a dock at the bottom of the screen or anything?

the only things that are running is my logitech profiler and lfs.i didnt have this problem before with my current resolution.ive tried to turn down the resolution to 1280x800 and the game at where it was at 1920x1200 32 and it still jumps. i think the problem started when i went to play a mov. file and maximized it.thats when i noticed it.then i went to play lfs and it started to do it too.
anyone still have any answers?
Quote from ajp71 :Well I'd doubt an LCD screen would jump around in the way a CRT can because the pixels are all fixed.

ive seen it happen

do you get the same kind of jumps/flickers if you toy with the screen a little like opening and closing it while its on ?
Quote from pb32000 :You running a dock at the bottom of the screen or anything?

^ What pb32k says - do you happen to have any application that overlays running along the bottom of the screen? Either a launching dock or some on-screen-display application?
#13 - SamH
Quote from Shotglass :ive seen it happen

It's just happened to me for about a day, before the backlight on my laptop monitor died.
Quote from Shotglass :ive seen it happen

do you get the same kind of jumps/flickers if you toy with the screen a little like opening and closing it while its on ?

yes i still do.

i only have lfs and logitechs prolfiler running.i dont have anything else running
do those jumps get worse from toying with the monitor hinge or if there currently arent any do they start as sone as you toy with the monitor ?
if so the problem is most likely the cable or if youre unlucky a crack in one of the boards

screen flashes and jumps
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG