The online racing simulator
ROFL - UK Police Initiative
(68 posts, started )
Agreed. Somewhat ironic that the poor nations suffer poor health from forced malnutrition while the rich have health problems from self inflicted over indulgence.

Right, time to eat my chips and ice cream...
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Pish, everyone criticise the Police, but none of you could do a better job at it. If that guy was the right guy the guys involved would be seen as hero's,

Shoot a terrorist and you're a hero, shoot an innocent man and you're a criminal. I agree it's very confusing.

Nobody here is picking on individual police people, but rather the nature of modern policing and the way the force is now treated as an arm of the government.
I come from Hampshire. That looks like the winchester bus's. Leave Hampshire alone! Whats it ever done to you?

LMAO Thats funny!
Quote from thisnameistaken :Shoot a terrorist and you're a hero, shoot an innocent man and you're a criminal. I agree it's very confusing.

Nobody here is picking on individual police people, but rather the nature of modern policing and the way the force is now treated as an arm of the government.

He wasn't totally innocent though, a lot of his actions did lead to the shot in the face deal. Though you do have to question how they miss ID'd him in the first place.

Modern policing is hindered by the government, countless other do-gooder organisations, and a target driven culture. They cannot arrest a certain percentage of minorities or they look racist, they have to have a certain percentage of minorities on the force or it is racist, you cannot ride push bikes because you might fall off them and get hurt, there is a list longer than my arm of targets, H&S rules and Human rights rules all police officers have to follow or they end up shit creek.

The result of which means they are all stuck indoors doing paper work, so millions is being spent on PDAs, person cameras and other such junk to try and cut down on paper work and keep more cops on the street.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :He wasn't totally innocent though, a lot of his actions did lead to the shot in the face deal.

Have you been following the investigation? He left the block of flats they were monitoring, looked a bit foreign, got on a train before the rozzers had decided what to do with him and the rozzers panicked and blew his brains out.

When you say "He wasn't totally innocent", what exactly did he do that was illegal? How did he deserve to get his brains blown out exactly?
Quote from thisnameistaken :Have you been following the investigation? He left the block of flats they were monitoring, looked a bit foreign, got on a train before the rozzers had decided what to do with him and the rozzers panicked and blew his brains out.

When you say "He wasn't totally innocent", what exactly did he do that was illegal? How did he deserve to get his brains blown out exactly?

From what I have read thus far, he ran from the police, and when approached on the train he failed to comply or some jazz. You have to remember everyone was slightly paranoid, and because of a lack of intelligence things went from bad to worse. They acted as best as they knew how to, it was a risky gamble and it bit them in the arse, but it is better that then risk letting a bomber go and blow up a train.

Though if you talked to anyone in the military the armed police aren't trained hard enough to be allowed to handle firearms and tend to get red vision. But the military trainers cannot fail someone even if they don't meet the requirements.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :From what I have read thus far, he ran from the police, and when approached on the train he failed to comply or some jazz. You have to remember everyone was slightly paranoid, and because of a lack of intelligence things went from bad to worse. They acted as best as they knew how to, it was a risky gamble and it bit them in the arse, but it is better that then risk letting a bomber go and blow up a train.

He didn't run from the police. He boarded a train and sat down, and was followed on by the cops. He may have got spooked, realising something was going on because he stood up again. Right then, an officer wrapped his arms around him so he couldn't move his hands and forced him back down into his seat, and moments later another officer shot him in the head, numerous times.

How you can say he wasn't entirely innocent is beyond me. Do you have family in the police force or something?

Edit: If anyone's guilty of anything it's the Met, who withheld evidence from the original enquiry, may still be withholding evidence, may even have destroyed evidence. We'll probably never know.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :From what I have read thus far, he ran from the police, and when approached on the train he failed to comply or some jazz.

Good grief! That was disinformation issued at the time, and completely discredited a short while later. Really, if you're going to have extreme opinions you should at least make an effort to keep up.

Quote :They acted as best as they knew how to, it was a risky gamble and it bit them in the arse, but it is better that then risk letting a bomber go and blow up a train.

I wonder if you'd feel the same way if it was a loved one of yours that got 8 bullets put in them on their way to work. But still, better safe than sorry, eh?
It's funny because the last time I looked this thread had nothing to do with a copper shooting someone in the face. I must of missed that bit in the original post.

If you can't see what I'm gettingm at...then you dumb.
Over 2000 posts and you still don't know how a forum works?
Quote from thisnameistaken :Over 2000 posts and you still don't know how a forum works?

I'm surprised no Hitler references have been cited...oh, wait...
Quote from Serpentine :Good grief! That was disinformation issued at the time, and completely discredited a short while later. Really, if you're going to have extreme opinions you should at least make an effort to keep up.

Fair enough, next time I get a free moment I'll start reading the whole case start to finish. Though if he wasn't here illegally he wouldn't have been in the place to get shot in the face anyway.

Quote from Serpentine :I wonder if you'd feel the same way if it was a loved one of yours that got 8 bullets put in them on their way to work. But still, better safe than sorry, eh?

Agreed I'd be upset, but given the situation, I'd rather they did something and got it wrong, then do nothing and got it wrong. Everyone would be saying the same if the train got blown up. he simple fact is they had a choice to make and that made one.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Though if he wasn't here illegally he wouldn't have been in the place to get shot in the face anyway.

LOGIC ERROR 423 - *** RETHINK, RATIONALIZE, EXPLAIN ***
The police made a mistake. They had twitchy trigger fingers and when one fired the others did too. According to the witnesses and the CCTV, the guy did nothing wrong.

But before we get into a political debate here, get back on-topic.

Funny picture. Policeman, exhaust pipe for a knob. Ha ha ha. Okay?
Quote from Dajmin :Funny picture. Policeman, exhaust pipe for a knob. Ha ha ha. Okay?

Yeah but it's not the policeman's fault he's got an exhaust for a knob, he was just doing his job. It's a hard job and he was just doing it. I suppose you think you could pose for a bus-sized photograph and not get your groin in the exhaust region, if so, go join the police. Clever dick.
I did briefly consider joining the force about this time last year.
But then I heard that at training you need to pose for double-decker bus-sized photos where they replace your body parts with pieces of engine so I changed my mind
Quote from thisnameistaken :Clever dick.

That's exactly why they didn't use Richard's pet name and decided to call him Robert for that photo.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :

But the military trainers cannot fail someone even if they don't meet the requirements.

Those damned health and safety rules again... no wait, perhaps its the minority quotas... that's right, not enough white conservatives waving guns in the name of insecurity... uh, doesn't sound right... Anyway, sorry for OT diversion. Please let's go back to laughing at the police:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a349/zzzCappy/Bobby.jpg

ROFL - UK Police Initiative
(68 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG