The online racing simulator
LFS and Wine
(4 posts, started )
LFS and Wine
Hey.

I've been trying to get LFS Dedicated Server app to work on CentOS using WINE. I've looked all across Google, and have looked at the various articles on this forum.

I gather my problem is that I need to stop WINE from attempting to open the X driver, and instead "ttydrv".

I am running WINE version 0.9.24 so the old normal configuration file does not exist.

How can I change wine so that I can use ttydrv? If I run winecfg, I still get the error messages relating to the X server.

Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.

Any help is much appreciated.
Sorry for the bump
Don't use a version of wine that old. There are a few bugs, the big one being where wine would randomly drop the udp packets that LFS uses (infact it happened with any program using udp packets). These were fixed in more recent versions (0.9.39+). The ttydrv was dropped, and the winecfg also requires an X server to run. Whilst you could fix these problems, it isn't worth the hassle that the udp bug causes.

The easiest way is to literally compile wine from source (./configure && make depend && make, and then make install as root), making sure you remove the old version first, obviously. Or to use a recently packaged version of wine, that doesn't have X support compiled in (unlikely to exist).
You could use Xvfb "fake" X server, if X needed. Here is a script, that I use, the wine is set to use X11 graphics driver.
#!/bin/bash
Xvfb :1 &
pid=$!
export DISPLAY=:1
cd </lfs/directory>
WINEDEBUG=-all wine ./LFS.exe /cfg=setup.cfg "$@"
kill $pid

I know, that this is not an option for you the_angry_angel :-). As written above, always use the most up to date version of wine available.

LFS and Wine
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG