The online racing simulator
Only after 1 month of use, G25 Clutch pedal squeaky?
Hi all! well, last night, something worrying started happening. My clutch pedal started squeaking every time I released it quickly. The clutch still works properly but I do want to stop the squeaking so anyone else know how to fix this or have had it before? Thanks!
Leave a piece of cheese next to it.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Leave a piece of cheese next to it.

Now that was real helpful. The poor guy asks a simple question and you give him a suggestion like that.

Leave a trail of cheese away from it. That way you lure the critter away instead of drawing it to your pedals....
Don't flame me!

Well.. Its metal/aliminuim right? try to oil it not very much but a lil bit.

BTW : i dont have a G25 so i dont know if it will help.
It maybe time for some petroleum jelly...
I was thinking of using a lubricant but I don't want to risk it until I'm sure of what the problem is.
WD40 to the rescue.
Quote from mrodgers :Now that was real helpful. The poor guy asks a simple question and you give him a suggestion like that.

Leave a trail of cheese away from it. That way you lure the critter away instead of drawing it to your pedals....

I was trying to save him some cheese, ****.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I was trying to save him some cheese, ****.

Dear sir,

Apart from inviting you to join the 5th Annual Dairy Preservation Symposium I'd also like to thank you on behalf of the International Galactocomic Society. Your help in maintaining a state of equilibrium in the confines of a tasty, yet much neglected field of gastronomic delight has proved invaluable.
Quote from xaotik :Apart from inviting you to join the 5th Annual Dairy Preservation Symposium I'd also like to thank you on behalf of the International Galactocomic Society.

Don't make me look that up!

Edit: When this gets spidered, you'll have doubled the number of results at Google for "Galactocomic".
Quote from xaotik :Dear sir,

Apart from inviting you to join the 5th Annual Dairy Preservation Symposium I'd also like to thank you on behalf of the International Galactocomic Society. Your help in maintaining a state of equilibrium in the confines of a tasty, yet much neglected field of gastronomic delight has proved invaluable.

what language is that?
Quote from thisnameistaken :Don't make me look that up!

Edit: When this gets spidered, you'll have doubled the number of results at Google for "Galactocomic".

Indeed - I googled it as well after I typed it in to see if anyone else had attempted such an adventure in English onomatopoeia. Naturally a Cypriot it seems had beat me to it.
#15 - mr_x
My brake pedal squeeks, has done for about 6 months, I keep meaning to get some WD40 on it, but I've never got around to it
another step closer to a new g25? or just go back to the DFP?
Ball bearings ftw!

I have my doubts that the G25 pedals ar really all that hard to put together, just grab that screwdriver... (and drink it all at once)

I mean, come on
Yea! grab your screwdriver and make it even worse!

I think that the G25 isnt that good afterall.. I heard that the shifter is like a toy and it almost like's that its gonna break anytime.
#19 - Jakg
Quote from Takumi_lfs :I think that the G25 isnt that good afterall.. I heard that the shifter is like a toy and it almost like's that its gonna break anytime.

...it's not good because it squeaks?

Going back to a DFP over a squeaky pedal seems... extreme, tbh.
Don't put WD40 or petroleum jelly on your pedals if they're plastic! Use a silicone grease or any non-petroleum based lubricant.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I was trying to save him some cheese, ****.

Who's the ****? Your just simply trying to save him some quite inexpensive curdled milk and I'm trying to lure the squeaky bastard away from his pedals in case the little rodent manages to climb underneath that brake pedal as he is coming down the South City Long hill into the hairpin braking zone. I just don't want him to have to trade the squeak for tearing the pedals all apart to clean that mess up.

Leprekaun, don't listen to him. He's obviously delusional in thinking that the squeaker wouldn't expect to find cheese later at the same place and return again. Lure him away and make him forget about where the trail of cheese started.
I appreciate the comic humour you and Kev have, however, you lads are milking it now and while I found it hilarious at the beginning, it gets annoying after a while so stick to topic please .

SPAM FTL!
The whole thread is quite humorous. Well, your clutch pedal squeeks but you are afraid to open it up and fix it. What do you expect from us - a link to some software update?

You could buy another G25, that should fix it. Or take it back to the shop and say it squeeks. Then leave while they are still rolling on the floor...

With all due respect, with a bit of gooogling and some work you would have already fixed it...
hyper while i generally agree his asking does have a point even if only to see which lubricant will work best and if anyone has a tip on how to get it there without voiding the warranty (something you really shouldnt have to do after 1 month on a 200€ product but i digress) which leaves wd40 from a can with a long flexible nozzel as the best option

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG