The online racing simulator
How to double audio speed?
(4 posts, started )
Hi!

I just wanna know how to dublicate the speed of the recorded audio.
I recorded in LFS at 0.500 speed by using Fraps...then in Virtualdub (and Vegas also) I doubled the speed of the video...That works fine, but the audio has still the 0.500 speed and that's so annoying.

If anyone have an idea to solve this, please share
You could try to open the .avi file (recorded at .5) via some audio encoder/decoder, mix it to play normal speed, save it as .wav, open the original .avi file in VDub and use the 'wav audio' option.
I usually use the "open copy in audio editor". My default editor is sound recorder so I just increase speed by 100%, save, and Vegas does it for me. It saves the file as "<Name> Take 2.wav and automatically puts it in the right place, in the right group. Or "apply non real time even FX". See attachment.

Also, to double the speed of the visual part of the video, right click on the video event and go to "properties" and in the first tab you can change the "playback rate to whatever you want. I hope this helps!
Attached images
Help.jpg
#4 - SamH
If you're going to be doing this a lot in Vegas with LFS videos, you can set preferences to default to this. See attached. (Vegas 7.0b)
Attached images
preserve_pitch_vegas70b.gif

(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG