The online racing simulator
Quote from Tweaker :The races I went to this last weekend, one series was qualifying and someone spun on a corner and the qualifying session had to be cut short to safely clean up the track and move the car out of the sand. There could've been some time left at the end for everyone to come back out and qualify, but time ran out, so not everyone got their fastest laps in. We really cannot simulate such an event in MoE, and we want to at least give everyone a fair chance to get a lap in at the moment. And as LFS progresses with its realism, MoE should get tougher and tougher each season... it is only a matter of time.

I really don't see this being a problem with the proposed rule change. If you prepare properly you have a decent setup that can be tweaked using the settings you can change in the F11/F12 menus. If you don't wreck/don't put yourself in a position to be wrecked, you have a full hour to complete a decent lap (x2, given the Friday session). And it doesn't require much admin work at all. You look for "Xxxxx pitted" and if Xxxxx rejoins the track, you spectate them. Easy peasy.

Disconnects would be allowed to rejoin, IMO. A repeated pattern of disconnects, or suspicious disconnects following a wreck would of course be dealt with. As for driving into the garage and doing a shift-p... nah. Run what ya brung!
Quote :But if your saying that in qualifying if you crash and cant get back to the pitlane your out, then surely you have to use the same rule for the race too, or do we nick Steam's portal guns in the race?

We will always be making compromises, it's due to the nature of this kind of racing after all is just sitting in front of a monitor in all cozy safety.
+1
I think some of you need to reconsider the idea of disallowing the telepit feature, if someone bin's it heavy on South City (or any other narrow or technical track for that matter) and their car is still OK to return to the pits then obviously they're going to need to drive there.

All this will do is create more problems in the long run with people who are on a flying lap, there isn't always a decent place to pull over and wait so how can you except a damaged vehicle to make it home without interfering with other drivers? In my opinion I think a quick bit of pit lag is easier dealt with then a car that's limping back to pits.

Also take into consideration the amount of users qualifying at once and the lag that's usually present in the MoE servers at peak times, I'm sure if a bust up car starts lagging all over the track people will have a few things to say about it.
Quote from Rooble :I think some of you need to reconsider the idea of disallowing the telepit feature, if someone bin's it heavy on South City (or any other narrow or technical track for that matter) and their car is still OK to return to the pits then obviously they're going to need to drive there.

All this will do is create more problems in the long run with people who are on a flying lap, there isn't always a decent place to pull over and wait so how can you except a damaged vehicle to make it home without interfering with other drivers? In my opinion I think a quick bit of pit lag is easier dealt with then a car that's limping back to pits.

Also take into consideration the amount of users qualifying at once and the lag that's usually present in the MoE servers at peak times, I'm sure if a bust up car starts lagging all over the track people will have a few things to say about it.

That is a good point, but they manage in real life don't they? Hopefully people will be less likely to bin it, knowing that they have to make it back to pits.
So what about the broadcast??? Again no broadcast i guess??? :thumbsdow
Quote from Koopa :So what about the broadcast??? Again no broadcast i guess??? :thumbsdow

Or at least the LFS racespectator mayby ?
spectator works.
#34 - Nobo
Its a pity no broadcast this season
It was my understanding that we'd have a broadcast for all the rest of the races in the season... but I haven't heard anything, I really don't know what to say .
I thought we did as well, but I haven't heard of game-TV even after I contacted them...
Might want to talk to ASR... (if they fix their PC).
I would also prefer, if in a quali session only one driver of a Team is on the Server, not that one Team got 2 times at the end.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG