The online racing simulator
6h of South City Long: Penalties
#1: Team XFR (#24) for chatting during quali: 2s penalty on fastest lap.
#2: F1RST Racing (#04) for chatting during quali: 1s penalty on fastest lap.
#3: SERT (#21) for chatting during quali: 2s penalty on fastest lap.
#4: Mercury Racing Team (#03) for chatting during quali: 1s penalty on fastest lap.
#5: DITTO (#32) for chatting during quali: 1s penalty on fastest lap.
#6: Orange Racing Team (#27) for chatting during quali: 1s penalty on fastest lap.
#7: Renesis (#20) for chatting during quali: 2s penalty on fastest lap.

#8: LFSLA (#31) for spinning during warm up lap and not finding position on restart: Stop & Go
#9: DITTO (#32) for spinning #3 in T1 on lap 47: Drive Through
#10: Team XFR (#24) for spinning #27 in lap 12 of #27, right after split 1: Drive Through
#11: iNf!N!tY*Skills (#14) for spinning #27 while lapping after split 1, 42:58min into the race: Drive Through
#12: Ordered #32 to move to the pits for being incapable to cope with the demands of the race
#13: Clownpaint (#11) for overdoing a blocking move on lap 13 at the start of the backstraight that put #3 into the wall: Drive Through
#14: iNf!N!tY*Skills (#14) for putting #23 into the wall during a passing move by not leaving enough room due to moving over too early: Drive Through

#15: Pedal to the Metal (#10) for driving dangerously and crashing a car with a flat tire: 30s time penalty*
#16: Clownpaint (#11) for punting of #23 in the tight hairpin: 30s time penalty*

Start replay: here

*penalties will be added to the overall time. This does not necessarily mean a change in position since the total amount of laps driven will not be changed by the penalties. The time penalties cannot be reflected in the tracker but will be included in the final results.
please check replay as T7R are team 23 not 24 and Im pretty sure we didnt chat.
EDIT infact I justwent through tonights replay
team(27) Bye (@38mins to go)
team(16)poisti viestien esta +reply (@36mins)
team (26) Shark join (@35mins)
then admin warning any next chat = penalty
team (04) :P (@26mins)
team(24) goodrace X2 (@22mins)
team(21 blueflag X2 (16mins)
team(03) :-( (@5mins)
team(32) Hello (@3 mins)

I hope I didnt miss anything, but we didnt deserve this penalty.

SD.
#3 - Cawwa
Yes ... I've already pm to hoelsen about it. Was me who chatted by mistake ... pressed the wrong button ... again.

Hopefully you did chat as well!! ...
You are right, I mixed up the numbers and team names.
Updated first post.
I assumed the penalties only applied during racing conditions, unless of course there is a rule somewhere that I haven't read.
Does seem a little OTT, especially as most of them were accidental. Rules are rules I suppose.
Quote from DaveWS : Rules are rules I suppose.

* Qualifying
In the week before a race on Sunday and Friday nights at 21:00 CET (summertime when applicable) qualifying sessions of one hour will be held. Teams can run an unlimited amount of laps during these sessions, but may only have one car on the track at all times. The fastest lap of the team counts for the starting positions.

If rules were rules, then every teams fastest time should be counted.
#9 - Worm
omg? i didnt cahtting in qualify?
wtf???

and 2s OMG?? i think there is an error here.

i break my ass to do this 1.29.51 i dont want to start in the back again.

First race in KY3 i start in the back for cutting. Ok its right.
Second race, after seeing the replay, i didnt see any chat from me during the qualif.
Execpt at the end, when everybody left the server and all driver had finish their last lap. I said that it was great qualif.
But qualify was over and all driver arrived.

Seriously, 2s for that? its really a provocation.
I did the 6th time. If i dont start in 6h, i dont start at all. its simple. pfffffffffff.

All these penalities are really stupid, for all drivers. lot of peolple did wrong button. like good race for alt F4 for full screen.

I know moe its a good league blblabla.... but its still a game. Be less strict.

now by your falut, i cant have a good night. Its really cool , isnt it. just before a race, to cant sleep well.
Worm you say they need tobe more strict??? Stop complaining about your penalty then... Deal with it, its a 6H race, starting 1st or last isnt gonna make a big difference...

TBH whats way wayyyyy more irritating then a simple mistake, is the bloody join and pit in messages, those really need to taken away in the next LFS patch... Dawm its soooooo annoying... Id rather see a small message then this.
#11 - Worm
Quote from Koopa :Worm you say they need tobe more strict???

i edit my post, its a mistake sry.
and sry but in SO city long, start form 6th or from 19th makes a BIG BIG difference, really.

Anyway, i didnt cahtting during available qualif, so i dont have penalities. and that s all.
Quote from Koopa : ( snip ) ... Deal with it, its a 6H race, starting 1st or last isnt gonna make a big difference...(snip)
...the bloody join and pit in messages, those really need to taken away in the next LFS patch... Dawm its soooooo annoying... Id rather see a small message then this.

+1.

Messed up the Q tonight. Last place . Add. 1 penalty received for my chatting. Couldn´t have been worse.
I wasn´t used to a GT2 cars at all. Tomorrow we need to get into the gearbox before race start, I think.
Sorry for the " Hello" mgs. "Hello " and ":-)" were attached to the G25 gearshifter. It´s changed now...

Good race all.
Quote from Hoellsen :#1: Team XFR (#24) for chatting during quali: 2s penalty on fastest lap.
#2: F1RST Racing (#04) for chatting during quali: 1s penalty on fastest lap.
#3: SERT (#21) for chatting during quali: 2s penalty on fastest lap.
#4: Mercury Racing Team (#03) for chatting during quali: 1s penalty on fastest lap.
#5: DITTO (#32) for chatting during quali: 1s penalty on fastest lap.
#6: Orange Racing Team (#27) for chatting during quali: 1s penalty on fastest lap.
#7: Renesis (#20) for chatting during quali: 2s penalty on fastest lap.

Last year in 2 races you ignored blatent rule braking incidents which involved unnecissary messages coming up on the screen, one because you were too busy on a witchhunt and ignored someone putting up 'wtf!!!' (while breaking another 2 rules which iniciated the incident), the other by someone intentionally voting to kick/ban after someone else was trying to swap drivers.
Incident #1 was just stupidity, pure & simple. Incident #2 was you deciding that someones intentional message during a race was worthy of just a warning. Now your making up new rules, Punishing people for things they've not done, and according to Daves report not punished other people who were talking.
Cant we have Tweak back, at least he stuck to the rules of the series ffs.
-
(Tweaker) DELETED by Tweaker : nm
Quote from Tweaker :Huh??

Well, i was purely pointing out that you at least had the decency to stick to the rules, rather than implementing them on a 'i feel like it' basis and carelessly dishing them out to the wrong people.

A brief run through of events:
3 people post 5 messages between them, at least 3 of them intentional chat message (by 2 people), one of which (#16) is parking up to have a nice little chat to himself (literally sending himself a message!) and then obviously (its only polite) replying back to it!!
Phil decides to warn people "next chat will be a 1s penalty on the best quali time" despite the fact that most people use blocked messages so are completely unaware people are now creating new rules, Phil assumes everyone is a mindreader i guess. Very little else is posted after that, only accidental keybinds are pressed.

As a result, 1/4 of the grid are punished for a rule that never existed before the race and were completely unaware of any warning of its creation during the event, the person who had a conversation with themself gets nothing despite being a key reason for this rules creation (and having the cheak to claim 'mine was just a wrong button' afterwards), and one person gets +2sec for doing absolutely nothing!

Looks to me like #20 Worm was punished for #16's yapping, it'd certainly explain the +2 penalty that was awarded.

If its already a rule, then why is it not listed in the rules and why is it that a warning saying next chats will receive a 1sec penalty, annoyingly the only people who'd know of this warning are those who've broke the [blocking] by chatting in the first place.
#16 has got nothing for what was said before this warning, and yet people who are completely unaware of this new rule are punished!
IMO thats just a joke and completely counter-productive, how can people be punished for something they dont know is punishable, they're using [block messages] so that they dont get distracted by all the chatting and pit in/out messages, and now you want to punish those people because while hiding all the distractive messages they missed the creation of a new rule in the form of a distractive message!!
We have had a no chatting rule since we have had MoE. Granted, it's been in the rules only as "no chatting during the race", but we have always said it before the qualifying sessions that chatting is not allowed. It started again that folks were chatting this session and I warned them once, folks were chatting on so it was clear that they needed an incentive to stop chatting.

It does not matter whether it is an accidental bind being hit. Simply unbind all keys for messages and it won't happen. In the race, this will give you a drive through as well, even though it's accidental. One reason besides the obvious disturbance that chatting is not allowed is so that folks do not need to block messages. The race control needs to be able to give directions and the only way to do that is via chat. If you block messages and miss directions (such as the announced penalty in this quali session), you have to take the blame yourself.

I have screenshots of all chats after my warning, plus the replay. If anyone doubts the chats, they are free to contact me for the screenshots or download the replay above. Quite a few of them came after time expired but before the last car on a flying lap crossed the line, which was car #30.
#16 - Worm
Its a nightmare...

And why i have 2s penalities????

some team have only one second.

Maybe its one second per words? lol, that s crazy....

And why some people who chatting havent penalities?

Because its before ur sentence :"next chat is 1s...."

before or after its the same, because nobody saw ur message, because everybody had blocked message.

Do you understand what i said man?

Do you use ur brain sometimes?...................
Quote from Worm :...
Do you use ur brain sometimes?...................

Sorry, but this is definitly a bad behaviour and a needless sentence. Why could the admins give a penalty to your team without any reason? You have no need for block messages, because chatting isn`t allowed anytime. The messages will be need for announcing or admins, you better not block that.
Quote from Michael Radmer :Sorry, but this is definitly a bad behaviour and a needless sentence. Why could the admins give a penalty to your team without any reason? You have no need for block messages, because chatting isn`t allowed anytime. The messages will be need for announcing or admins, you better not block that.

Sorry, but the blocking of messages is very much needed for those who doesnt have that much up to date computer.

It reduces the join lag signicantly, making it almost driveable for me.
Quote from Jonesy_ :Sorry, but the blocking of messages is very much needed for those who doesnt have that much up to date computer.

It reduces the join lag signicantly, making it almost driveable for me.

Almost driveable ?? maybe you should not be putting others at risk?

if you choose to block messages then its not the admins or leagues fault you miss admin warnings.

when driving (not spectating) messages on or off makes no difference to lag.

SD.

PS it seems some teams challange admin decisions and rules IMO rules are rules and admins are admins, ignore them at your peril.
updated first post.
and again
Quote from SparkyDave :Almost driveable ?? maybe you should not be putting others at risk?

Hence why I choose to only see how it's like on the server, only doing couple of laps during the qualification.

Quote :
if you choose to block messages then its not the admins or leagues fault you miss admin warnings.

when driving (not spectating) messages on or off makes no difference to lag.

SD.

Oh really? Why is it that it reduces the join lag for me so that I really can tell the difference?

Quote :
PS it seems some teams challange admin decisions and rules IMO rules are rules and admins are admins, ignore them at your peril.

Could you please show me the rule that says that you get a penalty if you chat during the qualification? Or a rule that says you must not block the messages during the race?

I'd be fine if it really was stated in the rules, or at least mentioned in the forum but that just isn't the case.
Quote from Hoellsen :We have had a no chatting rule since we have had MoE. Granted, it's been in the rules only as "no chatting during the race", but we have always said it before the qualifying sessions that chatting is not allowed. It started again that folks were chatting this session and I warned them once, folks were chatting on so it was clear that they needed an incentive to stop chatting.

It does not matter whether it is an accidental bind being hit. Simply unbind all keys for messages and it won't happen.
In the race, this will give you a drive through as well, even though it's accidental. One reason besides the obvious disturbance that chatting is not allowed is so that folks do not need to block messages. The race control needs to be able to give directions and the only way to do that is via chat. If you block messages and miss directions (such as the announced penalty in this quali session), you have to take the blame yourself.

I have screenshots of all chats after my warning, plus the replay. If anyone doubts the chats, they are free to contact me for the screenshots or download the replay above. Quite a few of them came after time expired but before the last car on a flying lap crossed the line, which was car #30.

So you added to the on-going chatting that most people were completely unaware of, by deciding now your going to give the incentive of telling people your going to punish them with a rule that already supposedly exists!?
If it already exists, punish them, ALL of them, dont add to the chit chat just as much as any other individual, dont start issueing warnings that you must have known people arent going to receive, afterall the fact that half the people put blocked messages on after others started chatting (yourself included!) should be a clear indication to you that people arent going to receive this warning because they're trying to get rid of other peoples distracting yapping.

Either its rule or it isnt, if it is, dish it out fairly to everyone that has broke the rule. Fact is by your list of penalties for this round you've ignored 1 teams intentional chatting despite it being made clear to you from post #2 onwards, you had this pointed out to you by Dave and myself, along with Worm and myself pointing out that #20 had done sod all wrong, YOU ignored it. I'd like to see the screenshot of #20 chatting during the qualifying stages too, cos i dont recall that bit happening, maybe that is missing from my replay, maybe we should swap replays so you also have one which shows #16 breaking the rules twice cos it seems like we have completely different replays going by your account of things.

"
PS it seems some teams challange admin decisions and rules IMO rules are rules and admins are admins, ignore them at your peril."
Dave, correct me if im wrong here, as it was you that brought this to everyones attention first.
team(16)poisti viestien esta +reply (@36mins)
If rules are rules, why isnt team #16 mentioned in that list of people penalised?? Why is it okay for them to break rules and gain places from it!? 'Ignore them at your peril' im guessing thats not aimed at Hoellsen, pitty, it should be, he's the only one ignoring rules.
Can you make a short vid about that incident at 42:58?
No, laptop is too slow to do so, besides that, I don't have the equipment.

It was accelerating out of a corner, your car tapped their left rear and off they went.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG