The online racing simulator
What i want for christmas from LFS!!!
Hey All,

First what i want: when i release cluthc pedal sharply in first gear in real car, the engine shuts down. I want this in LFS, because now in lfs "strange power" helps to start to drive and that ignition key is allmost unusable. i hope u got it what i want

Second what i want: side mirrors, i wanna feel where my car is when i drive in reverse, or overtaking. here i made picture with photoshop, look at side mirror would be great that i can configurate angle of mirror (up, down, left right).

And i want more simple cars, which we see everyday in streets. Maybe some diesels

Thank You.

http://www.audrius.opateam.com/Files/forlfs.jpg
Your side mirror is set wrong and you won't see anyone overtaking you or you overtaking them with that. That is what the center mirror is for.

You shouldn't see any of your own car in the side mirror. If you do, you have huge blind spots when someone moves up to your rear quarterpanel.
#3 - bbman
Untrue: You should see just the outer line of your car so you have a point of reference...
Yeah, you should always have some of the car visible in the mirrors. If you don't then you won't have decent rearward vision. I hate not being able to see at least some of my own car (usually takes up about 15% of the mirror area).

And you forgot to put the car visible in the interior mirror
Dont we already have side mirrors? :l
Yes. But not mirrors with the car visible in them
I'd be happy with just a card.
Well, I think you all don't adjust your mirrors properly then

I use to drive about an hour on the 4 lanes to work, and I adjusted my mirrors so that as a car left my center mirror, it appeared in my side mirror, then move to my side view from moving my head. It eliminates all blind spots, and I can not see my own car in my side mirrors at all without moving my head towards the door window.

I've always used the side mirror to view what is beside me at my back corner that I can't see without turning my head around backwards, not what is directly behind me. That's what the center mirror is for. Thus, no blind spots.
Which is why most cars have blind spot sections on the mirrors.
You should see a small portion of your cars rear in the side mirrors, it helps a lot when reveresing.
And you should always turn your head to check the blind spot, it is there regardless of what you do with your mirrors.
World peace, cookies, and a unicorn!
A Unicorn is for life, not just for christmas.
#12 - Vain
Quote from Blackout :World peace, cookies, and a unicorn!

There you go, that's two of three.

( )

Vain
Attached images
cookies.jpg
Quote from danowat :Which is why most cars have blind spot sections on the mirrors.
You should see a small portion of your cars rear in the side mirrors, it helps a lot when reveresing.
And you should always turn your head to check the blind spot, it is there regardless of what you do with your mirrors.

Well then, you guys have quite different mirrors than we do, because I do adjust to eliminate blind spots. When the corner of a car passing is in my side mirror, the back corner is still in my rear view. When it gets to the point where it is leaving my side mirror, I can turn and look beside me and see. I'm talking about needing to turn and look behind to see. Shouldn't have to do that to see a car if your side mirror is adjusted correctly.

Unless you guys have much wider roads than our interstate highways.
Quote from mrodgers :Shouldn't have to do that to see a car if your side mirror is adjusted correctly.

actually yes you do
and you always must look back over you shoulder when changing lanes or at intersections ... at least if you want to pass your drviers licence test
I'll try your way Mike, but it's gonna be a bit weird...
I want the Rallypack to christmas.
I know it probally never will be released, but it would be fun if they surprised us.
Quote from Shotglass :... at least if you want to pass your drviers licence test

That's a funny one... Remember my flag status over next to my name
night and rain weather

can on/off real lights for the car
Quote from tristancliffe :And you forgot to put the car visible in the interior mirror

How do you do that? Never found that option...
the mirror is a good point 1+ for this one

Quote from Neto_r :night and rain weather

can i ask you what night weather means (kidding)
plz dont start mooning about weather again

greets,

Reintjan
i completely agree with mrogers on mirror adjustment. you should not be able to see any of the car in your side mirrors. if you can, you will have overlap between what is visible in the center rear view and what is visible in the side mirrors, which is a waste, and necisarily means that you have sacrificed visibility elsewhere.

proper mirror adjustment is easy. with the car stationary, sitting in a comfortable position, look for objects that appear at the outside edges of your central rear view mirror (a parked car, tree, sign post etc), and then adjust your side view mirrors so that the object is just barely visible on the inside edge. this will give you the widest field of view, with the smallest blind spots.
Quote from evilgeek :this will give you the widest field of view, with the smallest blind spots.

and at the same time render you completely unable to park your car anywhere outside of north america
Quote from Shotglass :and at the same time render you completely unable to park your car anywhere outside of north america

i thought it was the ocean stopping me from doing that, not how i've adjusted my mirrors?
Quote from Shotglass :and at the same time render you completely unable to park your car anywhere outside of north america

Why is that? I thought we were the ones who were horrible at operating a motor vehicle. If I have to park my vehicle, I turn my head and look. What do you need to see in the mirror to park? Mirrors are a driving aid, not a parking aid. You are saying that you are more willing to turn your head around and look towards the back at road speed than you are at easing the car along parking it.

I especially wonder and worry since you all outside the US assume we drive extremely large and heavy vehicles compared to the tiny cars like the Ka and similar that I see is popular elsewhere. Park the Ka? Stop in the road, get out, pick the thing up, and place it down where you want it

Quote :i thought it was the ocean stopping me from doing that, not how i've adjusted my mirrors?

Nice one
You need to check your blind spots (even if your mirror supposedly covers them, a car can/motorbike/pushbike can hide anywhere) by moving your head while driving, same way you do when you do a lifesaver turning right off a main road into a minor one with a motorcycle.

When you're driving on a motorway or anywhere at more than 20mph peoples lives really do depend on your observation. A crappy mirror is not a high fidelity enough resource for gauging speed, distance and intent.

When you're parking, using your mirrors allows you to see things you can't see by moving your head, like how far you are off a curb/pillar/chuck norris. You're only going at 1-2mph (unless you're parking on the same spot you do day after day, in which case, you can park very fast indeed!), so using your mirrors is fine because there's no real speed to gauge, and you can take your time working out how far away you are.

Right lane change:

Car infront of you slower than 70mph and slower than you are.
Check rear view for what is behind you
check right mirror
check forward
signal
check forward
lifesaver over right side
move right
check forward
check rear view mirror
stop signalling
check left mirror for filtering motorbikes
pass car