The online racing simulator
This must have been asked before...licence progress [COMPLETED]
I'm pretty sure this information is somewhere in this forum, but I sure can't find it.

How do I progress to the next ctra license (bronze to copper, silver etc.)? Is there a certain number of points or race wins needed? I can't seem to find this info anywhere.

I'm in no real hurry, but it would be nice to know how far I have to go to get the next license.
I know I have a long way to go, but it's something to look forward to.

(I don't want to start a discussion of how points are scored, I know it's been covered many times.:nod
I don`t know how many points you need to reach the the different "medals", but if you press $lisence then you`ll see [ ] (blocks), probally are some of them green and some are blank. The green blocks indicate your progress to the next medall, so if all are green, then your likely to soon reach the next level/medal/tier

Also, if you got to CTRA homepage, you can go to "my ctra" and log in to see the progress in %.
You need to create a password while you are racing. Press $ to get the CTRA meny up, then you find the place where you make your password. Then use this password to log onto my ctra site, and you`ll see the progress in %.

Hope that helps
ok, thanks! I'm farther along than I thought.
Quote from ultrataco :ok, thanks! I'm farther along than I thought.

Just glad to help.

Hehe, I tell you one thing - when you reach platinum, then it`s starting to getting hard. Have to win like 8 races to get one more green [ ], damn I not going to reach titanium before next year on this time lol
#5 - Jakg
Quote from The Very End :...damn I not going to reach titanium before next year on this time lol

its possible, just keep on it
Quote from LordBlaster :its possible, just keep on it

I never said it wasn`t possible, just takes too long time, at least for <- this n00b
what % is each block worth?
count them

i think (but really not sure) there are about 20, which means
each counts for 5%.
#10 - SamH
I'm going to create a lookup page with stats which are similar to those in the MyCTRA section. This will include all the licence figures as well as the graphical licence representations. I've been planning on this for some time, but haven't yet got that far. I'd like to get it done in the next few days
Nice Sam, I have been waiting for this for a long time
could it have a points to next licence value
#13 - SamH
Okay, it's near enough ready to launch...

http://www.raceauthority.com/stats/

Stats are also linked directly from the in-site licence lookup page.

There are one or two problems, most notably where it shows David Pope as ranked 2nd in England.. but he's ranked first, according to my calculations. It's a puzzler.

[edit] Okay, cracked that weird little MySQL bug.. it now works as it should
[edit] Hmm.. it's not right. It's close, but it's not right.. and I can't figure out why not.
[edit] Yay.. sorted. MySQL doesn't like floating point numbers, does it!?
GREAT work!!!! i love you

but i can´t see the userbars....
like the points to earn, very useful, i bet you were going to do it before i said as is the case with any good idea i come upwith
It works... weird
(page of lrb_aly)
Attached images
ctraw.jpg
finishes one is really wierd
Like we said, Alain always finishes... I mean.. what?!
#19 - Jakg
"Jack Green (Jakg) is currently ranked 11th in England, with a Point Ranking of 23,392.667."

*feints*

BnJ and the standard license aren't looking good - got to double my points to get anywhere :'(

I will get my Star Grade, eventually!
Why not National Grade, and Int A?
Quote from Kdovi :It works... weird
(page of lrb_aly)

i still can´t see the userbars, no matter which browser i use (opere, ie, firefox).

it looks like this for me:
Attached images
no_userbar.JPG
#22 - SamH
Quote from LordBlaster :i still can´t see the userbars, no matter which browser i use (opere, ie, firefox).

That's likely to be a security setting. The userbars are hosted on a different subdomain (userbar.raceauthority.com) and may be rejected by programs like Windows Defender, Spybot etc. This is because off-site images are often used as tracking cookies. In our case, that's not what they're used for - the userbars need to be on a separate website with specific error-handling settings in order to work properly.

The only solution would be to increase the level of trust for the domain "raceauthority.com".
#23 - SamH
Added international ranking now, too, so you can see where in the world you fit
#24 - SamH
Quote from LordBlaster :i still can´t see the userbars, no matter which browser i use (opere, ie, firefox).

Umm.. I just spotted a coding error and fixed it.. and it's very embarassing, and I don't want to talk about it.. but if you could let me know if userbars are now working for you, I'd be very grateful!
Quote from SamH :Added international ranking now, too, so you can see where in the world you fit

hmm i can´t find that one???

anyway, the userbars are working now, thx a lot!!!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG